Resource icon

Misc 99 Flashbacks 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Click on the "99 flashbacks" link --> click "download now" (via external site)

Save the database.bin to Disc C -> Program Files -> f1 2012 -> database and overwrite the existing database. But warning: you may lose your saved career.

Guys you can all do this on a personal basis with you own databases, its pretty easy:

Go into the game, choose a difficulty preset (don't change anything), exit out and save (don't do a race, don't do anything else, just exit the game.)
Now open your database and go to the "difficulties" table. Find the "flashbacks" column and change each entry to 90 or whatever number you want...I'm not sure if it can handle 3-digit numbers, so best not to go above 99
Save the database.
Launch F1 2012, go into the options, and choose your preferred difficulty level. Set your driving assists as you prefer, and all those good things, BUT DON'T TOUCH THE FLASHBACKS setting. It should show as "4", but the left/right arrows next to the "4" should both be greyed out. This means it's working. If you touch the flashbacks setting, you'll have to start all over again.
Exit out of the settings menu so it autosaves your settings, and go race with 90 flashbacks

snthennumbers I followed your instructions closely, buy it did not work.

Sorry I missed a step:
1. Open the database > difficulty table > change the flashbacks column from top to bottom so it reads as: 4, 3, 2, 1, 1 then save the database

2. Go into the game, then into the difficulty options, and choose a difficulty preset (don't change anything), exit out and save (don't do a race, don't do anything else, just exit the game after saving.)

3. Now open the database again > difficulty table. Find the "flashbacks" column and change each entry to 90 or whatever number you want...I'm not sure if it can handle 3-digit numbers, so best not to go above 99
Save the database.

4. Launch F1 2012, go into the options, and set your driving assists and AI difficulty as you prefer BUT DON'T TOUCH THE FLASHBACKS. Don't even scroll down to it. It should show as "4", but the left/right arrows next to the "4" should both be grayed out. This means it's working. If you touch the flashbacks setting, you'll have to start all over again.

5. Exit out of the settings menu so it autosaves your settings, and go race with 90 flashbacks

Last edited:
Sorry I missed a step:
1. Open the database > difficulty table > change the flashbacks column from top to bottom so it reads as: 4, 3, 2, 1, 1

2. Go into the game, choose a difficulty preset (don't change anything), exit out and save (don't do a race, don't do anything else, just exit the game after saving.)

3. Now open the database again > difficulty table. Find the "flashbacks" column and change each entry to 90 or whatever number you want...I'm not sure if it can handle 3-digit numbers, so best not to go above 99
Save the database.

4. Launch F1 2012, go into the options, and set your driving assists and AI difficulty as you prefer BUT DON'T TOUCH THE FLASHBACKS. Don't even scroll down to it. It should show as "4", but the left/right arrows next to the "4" should both be grayed out. This means it's working. If you touch the flashbacks setting, you'll have to start all over again.

5. Exit out of the settings menu so it autosaves your settings, and go race with 90 flashbacks

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I followed these steps 1 by 1 and it worked A1. Thanks for taking the time to write them here, sn.

:ninja:

Just saw this as I wanted to try 2012 again from 2013, as a change. Thanks for the correction in the procedure, finally works in race. But there's a problem, it seems to affect Champions Mode, where as the scenario starts, the game hangs.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 285 13.4%