AC 90s DTM @ Nurburgring - Friday October 2, 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
So we are now running on the public server. Ricardo, give us a holler if u get the server up.

What is going on? I wanted some clean racing so I bought premium and now with my first try here server is not up. Instead race on public with... wreckers. Please don't make that kind of first imperssion.

What is going on? I wanted some clean racing so I bought premium and now with my first try here server is not up. Instead race on public with... wreckers. Please don't make that kind of first imperssion.
Oh no no, that's very unfortunate :(
Please believe me that is the exception today!!
RD is about clean racing and I joined a lot of clean and fun races in the past year!
I can only imagine that @Ricardo had only time to set up the server tonight and then had to leave and something went wrong or maybe his internet connection broke!
Also staff people are only humans and they do all this for free in their free-time!! Still something like this almost never happens!
If there is a problem normally staff anounce this and try to solve it and mostly they also join thr race they host but it is not always possible!

If you join tomorrow or next time you have time you will see that this is an exception!

Yeah, a shame that there were some wreckers in the session, but it wasn't impossible to have some fun.
Was my first race on racedepartment now, havent had palyed the game for 3 months or so and my racing equipment is really bad so i dont feel the car that well. Therefore i was surprised that it was going so well....

Had a good starting poisiton in race 1 and had some small battles, sadly i touhed another car due to a lag when driving side by side. But it was good fun, despite having had one wrecker in my back at lap 2 or so.
Second race was completely clean, from P2 i overtook at the start and kept the lead til the end.

Everyone was friendly and fair (referring to all the people who officially signed up and not to some of the wreckers of course). Looking forward to the next events.

:)

I am very very sorry that this is your first impression. I do apologize and take shame and blame for the full 100%. I indeed was not around for the race as I knew I had no time since I had to be working on a project for college. The problem that arose though is that the project needed a lot of attention today and we had to continue at somebodies place.
I did not have AC there, so I couldn't fix a server, neither did I have the time to get in here though. (We handed it in 2 minutes prior to deadline)
I did make a last-minute request to other staff members but nobody was able to get it up unfortunately.
I promise I will make this up to you and/or other members of the community by hosting some great events next week again and I hope you still had some fun with the guys on the public servers.

We are going to discuss how to prevent this in the future and the way @Herbie backed me up by entering the public server is really, really appreciated! That guy deserves the biggest cookie we can find.

I am very very sorry that this is your first impression. I do apologize and take shame and blame for the full 100%. I indeed was not around for the race as I knew I had no time since I had to be working on a project for college. The problem that arose though is that the project needed a lot of attention today and we had to continue at somebodies place.
I did not have AC there, so I couldn't fix a server, neither did I have the time to get in here though. (We handed it in 2 minutes prior to deadline)
I did make a last-minute request to other staff members but nobody was able to get it up unfortunately.
I promise I will make this up to you and/or other members of the community by hosting some great events next week again and I hope you still had some fun with the guys on the public servers.

We are going to discuss how to prevent this in the future and the way @Herbie backed me up by entering the public server is really, really appreciated! That guy deserves the biggest cookie we can find.
No, actually it was @Tommi Saari who gave the hint to the public server;) So thanks to him :thumbsup:
I was just happy that 3 new people joined for first race and felt with them as they were somehow disappointed :( But I was totally sure (from my xp in previous races) that you would not leave us just like that without reason and just wanted that to be totally clear ;):)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back