AC 90's DTM @ Nordschleife - Saturday 14th Mar. 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The penalty system will be turned off for tonight's race as it seems to be a bit bugged by invalidating your current and proceeding lap during practice and qualifying.

Once it's fixed by Kunos then penalties will be turned back on for AU club events.

Am i correct in saying you can only drive in these RD races if i am "Premium" member?
If thats the case, to bad im broke, and my last spare money i spent on the DLC.
I blame the slow Aussie economy.

decided to commit hari kari on the first lap instead of wrecking franks race , he braked a bit sooner than me so went for the gap and went into the wall just missing him , after that the car was knackered eventually blowing the motor i think , cheers to chris and tony again for setting up

Sorry for leaving, but I was ran off the road on first lap and kicked from server, was getting too frustrated to keep going. Was also to much talking for me to concentrate. (guess I should of muted TS)
Thanks for the organisation and see you on the next one.

Sorry guys I had my step brother next to me so I had my mic muted and I couldn't concentrate for my life. Didn't have time to setup for autoclutch and not surprisingly I blew my engine on lap 3.

Screwed up my race by returning to the pits instead of rejoining the server in lap1, after a head-on collision with @Galin Dimov which killed my engine. Knew that wouldn't end well the moment I saw you standing there right after the corner, but I just was too fast to react in time.
Pace after that was pretty decent, had a sweet lap long battle with @Matt Bailey. Thanks for that mate, it was pure fun :)
And managed to go under 10 minutes, even though I had damaged the car and lost ~10km/h top speed :D

Cheers guys. First decent position for me. Started at 9th, went off track early (back to 15th or so) and thought "Damn, I'm out of this one". Next thing I know Bob's your auntie and I'm 4th. Pretty happy with that.

Thanks Chris and everyone o/

Screwed up my race by returning to the pits instead of rejoining the server in lap1, after a head-on collision with @Galin Dimov which killed my engine. Knew that wouldn't end well the moment I saw you standing there right after the corner, but I just was too fast to react in time.
Pace after that was pretty decent, had a sweet lap long battle with @Matt Bailey. Thanks for that mate, it was pure fun :)
And managed to go under 10 minutes, even though I had damaged the car and lost ~10km/h top speed :D

Do you by any chance remember if there were yellow flags? I am wondering how good the flag system and if indicated it in this case.

Again, sorry for lap 1

That was intense! Heart rate was off the scale on the last lap :roflmao: Had an awesome race with @Frank !

Big thanks to @Chris Stacey for the event, should definitely do more races with this combo :thumbsup: Or these car atleast :D

Racenur_zpsx0t8gpsy.jpg~original

Do you by any chance remember if there were yellow flags? I am wondering how good the flag system and if indicated it in this case.

Again, sorry for lap 1
Yes, there were. By the looks of it you were about 5-7 seconds ahead of me, before you spun. Flags showed the moment I entered the corner I think, so about 3 seconds before the impact. Slowed down a bit already, but only saw you at the corner exit.
No worries about the crash :thumbsup:

I'm only angry about my bad start, and the fact that I didn't exit and rejoin the server after the crash. The moment I realised my mistake I had almost completed the lap.

I think it's time we started getting back to slightly more serious racing for the club races. Tonight there was some fairly "public server" standards of driving (myself included!), I know it's not an easy track to drive, so I'm hoping that explains it, but sheesh.

I'm not saying we should be driving as seriously as a league or anything like that, but some more competitive racing would be nice. I know for a fact that we're all better drivers than what was on display this evening.

All drivers must follow the rules outlined in the club racing rules thread, they're not that demanding, yet people tend to forget them. I saw a lot of people disregarding track limits, completely cutting sections of track, not waiting for someone after disadvantaging them etc. etc.

Hopefully a lot of the bugs will be ironed out soon because that ruined the race for me (and a few other as well) before it even began with the audio issue, also the bugs tend to make the races a bit more crazy I've noticed.

Sorry for the rant fellas, and I love you all really, but let's get back on the ball from now on hey?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%