rFactor 2 Build 798 Now Available on Auto Update

brickyard.jpg

Image Space Incorporated released another new build for rFactor 2, focussing on fixes/adjustments to existing features, and the memory usage updates like 64bit being the priority.

This build sees the introduction of 64bit executables in an official capacity, with the launcher now selecting to run 64bit if possible to do so (you can choose to run 32bit by using the Advanced tab on the rF2 launcher). This meant a change in file structure, which means those of you who already own rFactor 2 (or have an older demo installed) should either use auto update or freshly install the product core to avoid duplicated or orphaned files.

Features
  • Moved plugins dir to Bin32 and Bin64 for 32 and 64 bit plugins.
  • Launcher now runs 64 bit executables if possible.
  • Updates no longer require login.
Bug Fixes / Optimizations
  • Fixed crash on exit.
  • Fixed inability to scroll mp lobby after server item in list was selected.
  • Fix problem where players rejoining a race would lose any laps over 63.
  • Fixed a typo where the Real Road Time Scale setting for qualifying was used for race and vice versa.
  • Fixed dedicated server memory leak.
  • Reverted a change made to window style which broke some windowed modes
Modding / Public Dev
  • Modmode: Fixed pit location picking resetting the menu every time a location is recorded.
Download
Download Build 798 here

Auto update failed. Maybe because i used the 64bit exe files.

I did a fresh install:
Make a copy of the player and packages folder first!!

- Uninstall old build and delete remains.

- Install the new build. Download Click here
- Copy the player and packages folder back (overwrite files)
- Install all content packages (select them all in the mod manager and click install)
- Check graphic settings/resolution
- All assigned buttons remained.
- All setups remained.

And i'm racing again.

Last edited:
Is there a way to make the trackmap-plugin work again in build 798?
I'm launching the game with the 32bit exe and installed the plugin in the new 32bin directory, but it doesn't work ;(
If someone gets it to work, please post it here, thanks

Recently bought rF2 for lifetime, this community really did changed me a lot :) when i joined 1 year ago i had below the zero intentions of doing so.

However, i got it and two days after i had crash (blue screen of death) due to my Windows 7 which hasn't been formatted for 3 years now and showed up on several occasions on different things and now this new build comes out to replace 770!

Great!

Is there a way to make the trackmap-plugin work again in build 798?
I'm launching the game with the 32bit exe and installed the plugin in the new 32bin directory, but it doesn't work ;(
If someone gets it to work, please post it here, thanks

Got the solution from KILL BILL in the ISI Forums
I figured out how to run TrackMap. You Need to copy d3d9.dll in rFactor2\Bin32

works only in 32bit

Aha okej..thanks...

But i have read that when use 64bit the game loads faster and in meny it work faster.I dont se eny different,,every thing go slow...

Thanks...

If you are not hitting any limitations whilst in 32bit mode, there will be zero difference to the 64bit exe. You won't hit these limitations in the menu, you need a lot of AI cars for that.

Also the difference in this case won't be slow vs faster, it will be game crashing vs. game not crashing :)

I have made format to my PC in order to prevent those "blue screens of death" happening again, and now blocking my rF2.exe file, fixing whole PC.

I have installed rF2 build 798, i log in into my acc. and all i get is this.

WHnGVeA.png

and in "Profile"
2saK9sF.png

In the 1st picture i have logged in onto my account but still it says "login(email address)"

It is not like, it's okay, it's installed or whatever.
Maybe it should be like that maybe not.
If anyone can help, please.

Thank you!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 142 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years