8 GRAN PREMIO DEL PARQUE FUNDIDORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did an acceptable q lap, considering I've done only done a pair of laps with q settings before the race. 14:th on the grid.

Got a run on the car ahead at the start and ended up on the outside. Tried to hold it on the black stuff but couldn't. So I speared off and braked as hard as I could on the grass to avoid everyone in T2. I bumped someone, but it didn't seem to affect him. No harm done but I'm still so sorry. Really clumbsy of me.

Was on 15:th after lap 1, but got tapped by Dragos in the chikane and dropped to last. I think it was me you meant when appologising on the post race interview. Thanks for that. Well, things like this happen, but this really set me back and I got stuck behind cars for the entire first stint and lost all contact with the ones futher ahead.

Didn't have a clue how the tires would last, due to little practice time, so I made a compromise strategy. Took softs and feul for half the race. Tried to assess during the race if one or two stops would be the fastest. This led to me pitting one or two laps too late when I tried to feel how the tyres were degrading, so I lost ground to the ones around me.

Felt okey pace in the second stint despite my unresolved lag issue and could pick off a couple of cars. Exited my second stop in 16:th but could pass a tbr who I think was one-stopping. Then I heard my team mate Dincas engine has blown up, and a minute later mine did the same. Was probalby the setup, as we used the same base. Is suprised because I did the whole Daytona without an issue. Checked Motec and the average engine temp was under 100, the average rev rpm was the same as last time and I didn't use heavy engine braking.

Too bad, but we had some luck in our unluck to both pass the 75% mark and bring home some points for the team.

To be honest, i'm really impressed by the driving technic of Rami, especially in his quali lap. At the moment where i watched it, i thinked i have to change something in my driving style, i'm on the wrong way. Great demonstration !

This was a crappy race for me, nothing at all was right.
In the race there was a small traffic jam in lap 1 and I even touched my teammate Kristofer, making him spin :( Not good...I was dead last and lost about 2s/lap to the guy in front of me, couldn't find any good rhythm. A few laps later I was back to my normal slow speed at this track and was closing in and passed a few drivers. Later on I was chasing Clark but wasn't that close to him and wasn't pushing it at all. All of a sudden the car refused to stop into T2 and I smashed him badly :( Really sorry!! I expect a penalty for that. A few laps later I crashed the car and the race was over.

To be honest, i'm really impressed by the driving technic of Rami, especially in his quali lap. At the moment where i watched it, i thinked i have to change something in my driving style, i'm on the wrong way. Great demonstration !

Thanks for the compliment :)
Of course I tried hard but because we already had another car last place could not afford to make a mistake.
Here is the lap.

I don't understand how you can take the first chicane with the car glued to the road like this. If i do the same thing, i go straight on the grass or i spin :( Can i ask you if your setup is the key, or if it is a specific driving technic that give you this stability? (I don't ask you to reveal your secret ;) , i just want to know wich way i have to look at)

I don't understand how you can take the first chicane with the car glued to the road like this. If i do the same thing, i go straight on the grass or i spin :( Can i ask you if your setup is the key, or if it is a specific driving technic that give you this stability? (I don't ask you to reveal your secret ;) , i just want to know wich way i have to look at)

Not special technic or setup just had to hit the right place the chicane. About where I drove it was the perfect way to go a little bit left or right car left skid,I'm not always successful sometimes I flew around the track too (just sideways) :)

Not special technic or setup just had to hit the right place the chicane. About where I drove it was the perfect way to go a little bit left or right car left skid,I'm not always successful sometimes I flew around the track too (just sideways) :)

Rami...a lot of compliments for the great great race!
anyway, in my opinion, this way to make the first chicane is not correct,because you completely cut the second part of chicane out of the trak over the bumps, located there to avoid cut (in this case without success).
if you make this type of cut all the laps in a real race, i think you will be penalized by the race control...anyway cutting rules are simulator cutting rules, so compliments for track line optimization!

anyway, in my opinion, this way to make the first chicane is not correct,because you completely cut the second part of chicane out of the trak over the bumps, located there to avoid cut (in this case without success).
if you make this type of cut all the laps in a real race, i think you will be penalized by the race control...anyway cutting rules are simulator cutting rules, so compliments for track line optimization!

Yeah it depends on the rule of the league - on RD for example, a new line would need to be made as this one would be illegal, but as STC play by simulator rules it's all fair :)

I do not think that I did anything wrong, because we use here STC game rules if we use RD rules this would be cutting.
I also know that driving like this you will win 0.5 sec if you hit the right place and dont got cut worning so its big risk too.
I looked at a few other driver's lap too so I have no reason to be concerned about my lap.

I do not think that I did anything wrong, because we use here STC game rules if we use RD rules this would be cutting.
I also know that driving like this you will win 0.5 sec if you hit the right place and dont got cut worning so its big risk too.
I looked at a few other driver's lap too so I have no reason to be concerned about my lap.

Agree Rami. What you did happens in real racing to, even in F1. This isn't cutting, just going as far as technical possible.

That was a really fun race for me :)

Q: finsished at p6 and happy with that... have done better but....

Race: hade a diffrent strategi then most others. 3 stop for me :) and it worked out great.
great track to overtake and the backmarkers did their job too.
hade som great fights also but really easy to pass when I was on Supersoft and other on soft or hard.

Grats to podium.

no problem from broadcast team too about going as far out as the game allows. I think STC rules are much easier to commentate on because the penalty (stopn'go) is visible live for the viewers if it gets handed out by the game.

Not a wall, but possibly a yellow one will be on there next time. Anyway, STC circuits are waaaaaaaay better than any of the circuits used by other leagues out there... so only with taking care of the little details we failed to detect will be enough to get the circuits fine. I think we did a good job on the MOD and circuits, only that we are not perfect and we are improving little by little, that´s it. ;)

Anyway, if that corner allowed you to go over the anti cutting curbs, and only Rami did that, it means he is the only one really aware of how the cutting rules works on STC, don´t you think? That is possibly that you need a good setup to go over there, or otherwise you will jump.

I regret that my words were misinterpreted ... I did not want to criticize anybody, nor how to drive Rami (i see your perfect drive style in the replay, you are a Doctor!), nor the STC rules that I know and respect in all ...
So excuse me if I explained poorly.:rolleyes:
The mine was just a personal reflection to improve the simulation of reality and I think David has understood what I meant by proposing a solution to improve the bumps for the next year.
I agree with David on the excellent quality and organization of the league, and especially for the fairness and respect among participants.:thumb:
Thanks and congratulations for the beautiful season

See you on Interlagos!:letsgoracing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back