8 DONINGTON PARK GRAND PRIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
A completely wrong race for me! I made a wonderful recovery with a good rhythm and then I threw it all away to the second pit stop thanks to a wrong preimpostation...so i'm a stupid!

Q: I wrong tyres, running with a hot hot rain tyres and making a very bad time.

R: I made a superbe race starting 10 and making a good rhythm till the second pit stop when i was in second position 1 sec behind Mike. Then the catastrophe...i made pit but my mechanics give me fuel but didn't change my tyres, so i was obbligated to make another pit next lap and so I threw away the race. Then from this point of the race i completely loss my concentration and i made a series of errors that prevented me recover positions.

Compliments to podium finisher, also to Ben who sacrificed his podium for Mikko.

Whata a race!luckily I did not have to race enjoy more watching ;) how is it possible first rain then 15 min sunny wheater sun is shining again rain again sunny again rain again lol not real :) but the weather is the same for all so this is useless to wonder.
Nice broadcast thank you stc and racers Grats to podium.

Well that was fun...sort of.

Quali
Not so great, p2 was a decent result, but the lap was over cautious.

Race
The first stint I did on slicks, I went for a bodged together setup... full downforce, and prayed it would work for the rain. I payed the price for not making a proper wet setup in terms of pace, Peter was flying ahead infront of me and I had no answer.
Mikko behind me had gone with wet tyres. As the track dried the gap increased behind me...Mikko was fighting to keep position and get to his first pit stop window...and that helped me escape.

I made an early 1st stop to get on wet tyres...it was almost a great decision. A lap earlier than Peter I was hoping to gain alot of ground...but hit some heavy traffic on my outlap. Peter then pitted next lap...coming out ahead of me with still 6s or more gap.

Then the weather started to play its roll. It started to dry out quickly. Peter made an unscheduled stop to get on slicks, but I had a feeling the weather would not stay consistent and so making stops outside my pit window would only cause me more trouble...
I stayed on wets all at 130degrees and hoped to get to the second pit window. Marco was behing me and closing fast towards the end of my second stint. The weather was still inconsistent and I couldnt decide my next stop. In the end I decided the slow wets were a safer option as they lasted better than slicks and I prayed for the rain to come down. Marco came into the pits behind me...then came out of the pits a good length infront of me, I knew something had gone wrong for him. I closed in quickly on Marco, as he came into the pits I knew my decision even though not the right one in terms of pace would alow me to get to the flag without another stop and all I had to do was nurse the car home...the rain never really came back in the last stint, the tyres still lasted well but were painfully slow. I was able to take the checkered flag, thanks to a combination of not stopping more than my scheduled stops, and fight behind me that kept Peter from catching, thanks Mikko and Ben :)...overall a very lucky outcome.

Mikko....you hate Doni but somehow always stick your car on the podium....good Job

Ben....you never do any practice.

Andy....too much thinking about commentating on FO tv...driver cams a good idea though..next time!

Grats to Peter for a great second place...real pace in those conditions, just an unfortunate pit decision cost you.

Unlucky to Marco you also were flying...great driving. you need to have a word with your mechanics.

Its all shaping up for a great fight in the last couple of races...good luck to all, as I said in the broadcast may the best team win...its gonna be epic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the points are correct:
The points before this race were RPM 322 and FOR 306.
I finished 2nd and marcin 6th, so that should be 50 points + fastest lap and pole makes 52 points, so that would be 374 for RPM.
FOR finished 1st and 3rd, so that should be 58 points, putting them at 364 points.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Congrats to all for a very exciting race.

Well done to Mike for a convincing win, pure class m8, love it !
Mikko and Ben also great drives throughout !
Tough race for Andy but a gutsy performance non the less.

Also congrats to Peter for a crucial 2nd place, well done, the last two rounds are gonna be intense !
Bring it on !

Trying to watch the broadcast, but i cant!

Stuck on 3 seconds! + blue buffering bar!

bloody PSRTV, there not getting a good reputation are they.

Race:

Was a eventfull race :) had a nice battle at the start with Marcin Spack :D at the stat of the race, was fun.

Tried to hold Peter off and it worked for a while, was loving it :), but made a slight mistake in 1 of corners and he passed,you was way to fast for me Peter.
Should of done a few more practice laps, rather than 39!

Grats on the win Mike

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the points are correct:
The points before this race were RPM 322 and FOR 306.
I finished 2nd and marcin 6th, so that should be 50 points + fastest lap and pole makes 52 points, so that would be 374 for RPM.
FOR finished 1st and 3rd, so that should be 58 points, putting them at 364 points.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

52 + 321 = 373

Trying to watch the broadcast, but i cant!

Stuck on 3 seconds! + blue buffering bar!

bloody PSRTV, there not getting a good reputation are they.
I have the same problem plus I still can't download the broadcast from Fundidora as the download process gets cut evry single time.
PSRTV's service is starting to get really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back