AC [75mins] GT2 @ Nurburgring - Sun 22 Feb 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I hate pit stops in AC. I wasted like 15 seconds trying to set the stuff I wanted it and then my car filled up to 100 liters. :mad::mad:

I was just about to ask where you disappear. It would have been nice to race with you.

By the way, it was very interisting to follow @Geof at the end. I mean his times. Your tactic was awesome as always:thumbsup: I was 100% sure you win the race, but no:(

No problems James, it didn't spoil my race but breaking a golden rule just to keep your position is hardly sporting. ;):notworthy::notworthy:
No harm done as long as we all don't do that. :thumbsup:
i understand but life today is all about rules, rules, more rules and even more rules. can't do that, don't even think of that... talking only about motorsport, all modern day rules are killing old day hero moments. i aggree we shouldn't kill each other on a real racetrack for the sake of track position but motorsport needs those hero moments.

in our situation, you were exiting the slowest corner on the track and i was coming out of a penalty zone, so not much speed involved in the ecuation. i know i might have slowed you down a bit, but i didn't look back to check exactly how much space i have.

anyway, if i were to be penalised, no problemo, i accept it.

Nice race whit you guys,at the end to 13e place i think.not the perfect setup but it was fun again! Thx RD:thumbsup:
Btw Andy is in proving, even lapt me hihihi

@Tomi Manninen, Thx mate. Too much compliments :).
I tried it and It should have worked . Made a few mistakes and had some bad interpretations in some overtakings.:whistling: : Good setup, good strategy, bad driver.:confused:
But don't take away the good driving from @Rami Mattila and @Gabriel Savu.
Good race!:thumbsup:

Medium for 28 laps and 8 laps on soft. The hardest part was to make this med compound working. Setup.
Much graining in the end but I was impressed to see how long they were consistent.

RACE RESULTS

See you next.

I decided to go for a different strategy this time. I filled my car enough to last the whole race and started on supersofts. But after lap 3 I think I just knew they would not last so I decided to do my one mandatory pitstop early and put mediums on, obviously no fuel. So a quick stop was made.
I managed to catch Coen and Sharjeel again and proceeded into a long and lonely race picking off the odd alien that spun or crashed off;) and gave plenty of room to the super aliens that were lapping me. :whistling:

By about lap 26 I realised my mediums were going off fast so I decided to pit again as the next placed racer was more than 30 seconds behind me so I did and managed to keep position. :geek:
So I did a two stop race and I think I finished 12th which I am happy with.
Congrats to the winner.:thumbsup: :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Great race and gentleman driving from all I encountered :)
I was driving like had fire up my ass through the whole race. I had a hunch that there was few other tactics involved than mine. Tried to push as hard as I could and still stay on the track. Took some extra fuel on my pitstop, cos fuel estimate was not working at the beginning of the race. When @Geof and @Gabriel Savu had pitted and we're gaining tried to push more, and not hard to imagine that nothing good followed. Had a penalty and Gabriel flew by me. Took a deep breath and tried to calm down only to see that Geof was allmost on my tail, and I had damaged my fronts. At final laps had to defend my position at T1 against Geof, and it paid off. I atleast was trying to leave you room on the outside, hope there was enough :)
Grats for Gabriel, nice driving! And for Geof too, I was lucky this time...

I've started on mediums with 60L of fuel. By the time I reached in 2nd position, I was loosing time to P1 @Rami Mattila and struggling to defend from @Geof, but surprisingly I was happy about the grip not falling. When P1 went to pits I decided to push hard 2 or 3 laps on warm rubber and then pit to get softs, which paid off and I was quickly catching the leaders.
After I passed Rami on his offtrack speed penalty, I was feeling the rubber on the softs was going away and I struggled for the last laps to keep a safe distance from him.
It was nice to race you all, good clean racing. Well done!

@Beikirch were you not behind me at the chequered flag, mate? Because as far as I remember, you or Coen still went around for a lap after the chequered flag was already out and I know this because I just stopped at the start finish line.

This was to be again one fantastic race for me. Qualified 11 but I knew I had the race pace to do it way better. The P4 was not the best choice, but I think is more easy on the tires than the rest of the cars, so I decided to do two stints on soft tire compound.

First laps where pretty good. A big pack of cars kept together for a long time with very clean driving. On the middle of the first stint I started to gain positions until I anticipate my pitstop by one lap. This gave me some advantage having a clean track in order to do some very fast laps with fresh tires, resulting in a lot of ground gained. At the middle of the second stint I fought for position 5 for many laps in a great battle against @VIncenzo Alonso and @tobias Roehner. On lap 32 I saw my chance and was able to do a clean pass to take position 5 on the chicane. Unfortunatelly I did not commit a good exit on the last turn of the lap, so I decided to take a defensive inside line on the main straight. Vincenzo draft me and set very close to my left side, blocking any chance for me to change my line, which I think is fair, but when getting closer to the braking section he moved to the right, hitting me, both loosing control. I simply had no where to go. I still do not understand what he tried to do, but it ruined my race, with a broken car, finishing in place 8 when I may have secured at least 6 position.

I know this is not a league race, but I expect more respect and careful driving than on a public race server. I could understand a contact under braking or on a side by side on a turn, but not something on the main straight. I am not angry anymore, but I feel disappointed of the result, does not reflect the effort I did.

Cya on the next race.

This was to be again one fantastic race for me. Qualified 11 but I knew I had the race pace to do it way better. The P4 was not the best choice, but I think is more easy on the tires than the rest of the cars, so I decided to do two stints on soft tire compound.

First laps where pretty good. A big pack of cars kept together for a long time with very clean driving. On the middle of the first stint I started to gain positions until I anticipate my pitstop by one lap. This gave me some advantage having a clean track in order to do some very fast laps with fresh tires, resulting in a lot of ground gained. At the middle of the second stint I fought for position 5 for many laps in a great battle against @VIncenzo Alonso and @tobias Roehner. On lap 32 I saw my chance and was able to do a clean pass to take position 5 on the chicane. Unfortunatelly I did not commit a good exit on the last turn of the lap, so I decided to take a defensive inside line on the main straight. Vincenzo draft me and set very close to my left side, blocking any chance for me to change my line, which I think is fair, but when getting closer to the braking section he moved to the right, hitting me, both loosing control. I simply had no where to go. I still do not understand what he tried to do, but it ruined my race, with a broken car, finishing in place 8 when I may have secured at least 6 position.

I know this is not a league race, but I expect more respect and careful driving than on a public race server. I could understand a contact under braking or on a side by side on a turn, but not something on the main straight. I am not angry anymore, but I feel disappointed of the result, does not reflect the effort I did.

Cya on the next race.
Well done on calming down for writing in the post, we need more of that behavior from people.:thumbsup:
BTW I was surprised to have such a hard time keeping up with a P4/5:roflmao:, nice driving of that car!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 149 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 409 39.9%