7 GRAN PREMIO DE DAYTONA

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Race Report:

Quali went well, managed to pull off a tidy lap without risking too much on the damp surface. Happily it was enough for pole position...stage 1 complete.

Race was very enjoyable for me. My 2 stop strategy relied on me being able to keep up a good average pace and not make mistakes. I knew a 1 stopper was faster over 90 mins but knowing the track I thought it was too big an ask to not make mistakes at the chicane or t1 with worn tyres at the end of the stints. I hoped everyone had thought the same but after my first pit stop I could see others were going for a 1 stopper and I knew I would have to really push to make it on to the podium. I couldn't really find my best pace but I remained consistent and the soft tyres and setup were working well. I had some great fun overtaking also I seemed to have a very good car down the straights, using a higher than needed 5th gear for slipstreaming really helped.

After my second stop I had a 20 second gap to catch Jesper who was in 1st, I was in 4th I think. I pushed really hard thinking I could probably make 2nd. Suddenly I noticed Jespers little dot on my mini map had stopped at the chicane, there was my chance...just dont make the same mistake! I was closing in nicely but was slightly over doing it and loosing time, still I knew I would get my chance in the last few laps. 3 laps to go and I was in Jespers slip before t1, I made the move straight away and manged to not crash and make it past. Nerves were completly gone at that point (must be getting old) I was able to hold it all together and cross the line first.

Very happy with the result, personally I feel I could have driven better but I always feel like that.

Grats to Jesper and Peter the title race is so close now.

Thanks to STC, great job as usual, unfortunate about the early problems but we got there in the end.

It effects everyone, so it should be in the open. In my opinion the series deserves all drivers to put in the minimum practice to be safe on track and around other cars, I didn't see that yesterday.

Didn't get as much practice as I wanted to have, so not feeling close to 100% ahead of the race. And during the practice I notised I had the same problem as my first race in Bahrain: periods of lag that came again and again. This really hampered my pace and stability through out the race. And we had to start from the back, so these two things really worked against me and I couldn't get into any good rythym.

In the first stint I made contact with Kristofer during a late braking into T1. Was alongside but I should have been able to hug the inside line so our paths wouldn't cross. Really sorry to bump you off track. Ledsen :frown: . Hope it didn't compromise your race.

Hadn't had the time to see what strategy would be the best, so I just run a two-stopper with softs and hoped for the best. Made up some time and places on the track but not as much as I would have liked. Was always struggling to get into a nice pace.

The most fun part of the race was when I had nice scrap with Gregory D in my last stint. Lasted several laps were I could get a run on him in the slipstream and go past just to see him brake much later than me into the turn. It ended when I was getting into position past the start-finish straight when my game suddenly minimized. I paniced as I was in the slight turn over the line but managed to get back relatively unharmed. The car ran into the wall on the outside and I lost some time and places. Hope no-one was affected by it.

But the main thing was to finish the race. Brought it home in 15:th. Not proud but still much better than last times DNF.

Feel sorry for my team mate Dinca who fought hard all race just to get a screen freeze which led to race ending crash. But had a nice time racing with ya.

Hope to be able to fix my issue before I hit the track again. Anyway, see you next time.

In the first stint I made contact with Kristofer during a late braking into T1. Was alongside but I should have been able to hug the inside line so our paths wouldn't cross. Really sorry to bump you off track. Ledsen :frown: . Hope it didn't compromise your race.
No problems Daniel :), the stupid game decided me to start on hard tyres when I was expecting softs from the loaded setup :( It was really hard for me to keep nice and clean lines with hard tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back