69 Boss 302 & BMW 3.5 CSL @ Sachsenring 1967 - Tues Sept 28th

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
291dea2302.jpg

a947e3d7e5.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: Boss 302 / Race2: BMW 3.5 CSL (BMW CSL with 430HP - numbered #870 - #877)
Track: Sachsenring 1967
Practice: 20 min
Start Time: 19:00 GMT
Qualification: 30 min Note: Instead of having 20 minutes of practice and then 10 minutes of qualification, we will have the full 30 minutes dedicated just to qualification. Unlimited laps.
Race: 2 x 10 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins included with 302 only. GTC76 Skinpack 1.0 for CSL.

Note 3: Gents, remember that the GTL events aren't ranked anymore. So please enjoy the track and the company of your friends without worrying too much about where you place on the grid. You also don't have to worry about getting a DNF.

This is a very nice track but you have keep your eyes on the objects lining the road, some of them will render your car useless if you come in contact with them. It's better to have a slightly slower pace here then go all out and push the limits all the time, doing so could mean a very short race for you.

Lets have fun.

Race 1 in the Boss was very good fun, and I had a pretty good pace, although I had a bit of a mare going into the last corner a couple of laps before race end, where through a series of events, I ended up having to go through the pitlane, effectively getting a drivethrough on the limiter. The only problem with that was that there were a few of us all fairly close, and that basically took me & Nige (who was waiting - cheers man) out of the group.

Race 2 was also OK until Dragos got a good run on me, got by, and then cut in front of me and stood on the anchors into a heavy braking zone. I locked up trying to avoid him, some haybales, some poles and tried to make the corner, but it never really came together, wasn't really under control, and ended up halfway up a lamppost with a dead engine.

Sad end to what was shaping up to be a really nice little battle with me & Carlos.

Bad start iin R1 because I had mistakingly had the pitlimiter on but soon corrected it. Giving chase to Tim K when I unforunately bumped him in the back going through the quick dip right/left climb exit after the long straight out of town. I waited for him but he signalled to go...checking on replay.. he may have been stuck on grass or damaged. Sorry Tim. Later I lost control and destroyed the suspension.

In R2 I had to take two stop and go penalties which hurt but I did completed the the event. The first s/g penalty was caused because I overshot the last corner and ended up for run through the pitlane but went through too fast. When completing the penalty I accelerated too soon and received the second s/g penalty. Good experiences.

Fun cars...sounds...track. Well done to the podium people and all racers. Thanks to Carlos for the event ..keep'm coming.

Top marks for this one Carlos.

Race 1, Qed well but had to wait for Yves on the line which put me way down the order. On my fight back had a moment going over the last bridge before the long straight home which again put me back down the order, again fought back and eventually brought it home in third only after Neil went to vist someone on the last lap to see how their garden was looking. Found out from Neil after the race that the garden looked very nice.

Race 2. again Qed well only to have Nige beat me of the line just, which now meant I spent the whole of the race behind him as I could never get far enough along side to make a move stick or Nige never really put a foot wrong. I had a blast folllowing Nige plus it goes to show that having a person who you can trust make for an awsome drive on a great track, thanks mate.

Thanks again Carlos, grts to Prib for winning both races, & thanks to all the rest for making this a great event on what is a tough and unforgiving track if you get it wrong.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back