69 Boss 302 & BMW 3.5 CSL @ Oesterreichring 1970 - Tuesday Sept 7th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
imgageoutput.php

imgageoutput.php

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: Boss 302 / Race2: BMW 3.5 CSL (BMW CSL with 430HP)
Track:Oesterreichring 1970
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 13 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins included with 302 only. GTC76 Skinpack 1.0 for CSL.

My Setups:

Attachments

• CD302.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 306
  • CDSchnitzer.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 288
My dearest apologies to all of you.

We are supposed to be running the 70 version.

Thanks for clearing that up Ivo :thumb:

I will update the race post with the new link ASAP.

I will also send all who have already signed up a PM in case you aren't reading this thread.

Crap :frown:

I wasn't trying to influence the track choice there mate, I thought it was a deliberate choice to match the times up

We've actually run both tracks a few times now - but only the 1970 one made it to League status.

No, thank you very much for posting what you did.

This whole time I thought I had linked the non-chicaned version.

Funny thing though, this is not a VS event, but if it was, it would be a close one, I ran almost identical times in both cars.

I'm running two single make races cuz in the last poll we had almost everyone voted for the single make races. I guess the VS events aren't as interesting as I had thought.

Hey guys since this will be my first GTL event, I have a question: How does the change of cars happen at the end of R1? Is a totally new server set up that we have to join when R1 finises? Or does GTL have some other system in place for this type of event?

Thanks.

Also, after a few laps with the BMW I did a X:XX? Can somebody tell me their laptime so I can benchmark my performance please, thanks. Needless to say, these GTL cars are tricky!

Edit by Carlos: Sorry Hassan, we don't allow talk of laptimes publicly in the GTL club or leagues.
You could PM any of us though, that's ok.

If you ask me, I would say your laptimes aren't bad at all :thumb:

Hassan, when race1 is over the server will automatically roll over to the next event (race2). At that point, we leave the server and rejoin choosing the car for the second race.

If you aren't sure how it works don't worry about it, I always make it a habit of letting everyone know when it's time to swap the cars.

Actually took the Boss out for my first run in it over the weekend.

Nowhere near as mental as I feared it would be (although that's very probably me being dead slow and not pushing hard enough in it for it to bite me on the backside :D ), it really does feel quite nicely balanced, very like the TC65 Mustang (but obviously well beefed up) which I find way easier to drive than the similarly powered Falcon or most of the other Muscle cars.

Same thing here, I was pleasantly surprised to find it very drivable. I was expecting an uncrontrollable drift machine.
Actually, it's easy to do many fast laps cleanly without too much drama.

Would be a nice car to have an official Cup series with. They have RDCCC, we could have RDFBC (Ford Boss Cup).:tongue:

I'm mostly kidding of course, we have way too many leagues right now...so many leagues, so little time, what can I do? lol

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%