69 Boss 302 & BMW 3.5 CSL @ Elkhart Lake - Tues Sept 21st

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
291dea2302.jpg

a947e3d7e5.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: Boss 302 / Race2: BMW 3.5 CSL (BMW CSL with 430HP - numbered #870 - #877)
Track: Elkhart Lake 08
Practice: 20 min
Start Time: 19:00 GMT
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 10 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins included with 302 only. GTC76 Skinpack 1.0 for CSL.

I am again dissapointed :( I was racing just against myself... after my rocket manual clutch start I though it will be good, but nah, when I got in T3 I couldnt brake.. the car wasnt just turning for the whole race

WD podium, it had to be very hard to drive like you did!

An excellent night for me :). Other than that connection issue in Race 1.

Race 1: after playing nKPro, I had to get used to the 5km braking distance of the Mustang. Tim (Kaars) was the innocent victim there, sorry.
Connection lost :mad:

Race 2: loved the BMW, probably because of the brakes :D. Qualified 6th, I think? That was strange.
My starts are rubbish, I blocked some people at the start. Tried to move to the edge of the road, but that didn't help. The car was nice to drive, had fun. I even fought for some positions :woot:.
Had a smile on for most of the race, really enjoyed that one :)

Some people have different views of safe returns to the track than me, but what can you do :tongue:

Cheers to the organizers :good:

Good racing tonight :)

Race 1: First time out in the Boss Mustang, and after spending the first few minutes revving the engine to listen to that wonderful symphony of sound, I find I need a LOT of practice. Eventually get the hang of driving this beast, Q6 finished, erm, dunno tbh lol. Just enjoyed driving it

Race 2: The Schnitzer was very refined after driving the Mustang, but I managed very similar times with both cars. Got a much better start, and spent the last few laps swapping mistakes and position with Chris B. until he decided he didn't want to use his front splitter anymore.

Good stuff Mr. C.!

Starting to get in the mix a bit and it sure is different and a little nerve-racking but same as Senad I was driving with a big grin. I had to be careful not to rear-end some people, I should say cars, in some tight corners. In the second race I was trying to hold off Hans for a few circuits and then I self-destructed near the end of the last lap, but over all I finished both races and I was not lapped in either.

Super fun, well done.
But still can't equal the podium people,
Thanks to Carlos for the event
To all the drivers, time well spent.

I had a great evening on another fine American track (the list keeps growing: Laguna, Watkins, Mid Ohio, Virginia, ...)

R1 - Boss:
I definitely got the hang of this beast now! Feeling the weight of the car and being able to have some extra oversteer by a blip of the throttle...great feeling! In Q I reached a 6th spot, but I had a blast of a start passing Tim L. & Stuart in the first meters.
Then came the best part of R1: Chasing and annoying Mr. Atkins :D A few times I was able to get a better exit speed for a straight, but then it lacked me confidence to finish the move. It happened a few times I backed off while driving next to Nigel, but as I wanted to finish in a good position (points, points & more points ;) ) I didn't want to risk sending us both to the litter. Then just when Nigel seemed to get some distance he spun out & I moved through to a 3rd position. Then some lonely tyre-conserving laps (2.35, not that slow), which I regret afterwards: Near the end (lap 8/9) Nigel returned to 2 seconds! I had to push the pedal pretty hard to the metal in order to stay ahead, a little too hard as the inevitable occurred when I had my only spin... in the final lap at 4 corners from the finish :( Perhaps I f I had kept at full race-pace I would have had a sufficient gap to recover in front of Stuart. Still my confidence got a great boost & the first laps were superb: Epic moments there Nigel!

Edit: working in the garden with this beautiful weather, R2 review will be for tonight

Some pictures of us all in R1:
Me chasing Nigel in the opening lap with Stuart on my tail.
Boss1.jpg
Way too fast for me: Ralf & Anders
Boss2.jpg
Me saying 'Hi' to Nigel(twice)
Boss3-HiNigel.jpgBoss3-HiNigel2.jpg
Senad's spectacular Stunt Show
Boss4-SenadStyle.jpg
Mr Ling & Mr Sneep in action
Boss5-Ling-Sneep.jpg
Stuart passing Jack (not that spectacular but a nice clean pass)
Boss7-Jack&stuart.jpg
My one and only spin, giving free track to Nigel
Boss8-FinalSpin.jpg
Mr Kaars & Mr Butcher.
Boss56-Kaars-Bucher.jpg

I'm very sorry for not showing up gents...I had a family emergency I had to tend to.
Once I realized that I wouldn't be home for the event I tried logging on using my phone, but I was in a large building and I couldn't get reception there for some reason.

Looks like you guys enjoyed the track :good:

Thanks to all who showed up and to Stu for taking care of things in my absence.

Had a great race with Anders all around me. We swapped positions during race outstandingly clean and fair. Well what should I expect? As always my very best experience with Scandinavians. Cheers my friend, well done. Oh, almost forgot to mention. Right before finish i lifted throttle as I wanted to hand him the win as a gift or rather I felt like I owed him the victory being thankful, he declined.
Thumbs up again for another nice event to all of you

Much better than on Donington,bad Quali but a great start running on 5t pos. fore a while but when the fast guys closing in I get a bit nervous an make it easy to pass me (running off) but I could hold the Boss better under control then my first race, some nice fights fin 6 "thanks" to some misfortune of my fellow racers.

R2 ,same bad Quali (still hate that one lap) but again a good start but gave Tim K a tap an waited on him an off we go again but every time when I came close making a mistake an lost the group.
All an al I had a great time,did a pers.best in the race (2 sec of) an having some great guys around an not thinking on RANKS lol.

Thanks Carlos an Stuart for setting this up ( shame you was not there Carlos, all well with the Family?)

First race was epic had a good battle with Ralf and as he said it was clean but hard :).

Second race i got a real good start, but realized almost emmediatly that my gears wasnt the best to long fifth gear . Thinking of that down the long straight made me miss my brakepoint and ending up in a grassdance :), letting almost the entire field by. But it gave me a awesome race batteling thru the field on my way up to podium....Cheers guys for the good racing :)

/Anders

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years