67-F1 Full Class @ Kyalami 70 & Oesterreichring 70 -Thu 27th June 2013

67f1-jpg.39506

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: 67-F1 ( Download )
Track: Kyalami 70 (Download) / Oesterreichring 70 (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.05 (10 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.15 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 14 laps )

Note 1: You have a free choice of car for both races, only liveries that come with the mod please
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 3: We run a SuperPole Qually, you get one chance only at a outlap and qually lap. Take it easy on your outlap and get you car in a good position to run you qually lap, leave enough room to allow for the unexpected from the car infront. You don't get another go if you have to take avoiding action.. After you have done your qually lap please exit to the pits, Do Not Complete Your In Lap.
Do not return to the track or drive in the pit lane after this.
Note 4: Racing Room must be given to all drivers – and this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly. And The kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times..
Note 5: Pit speed limiters are to be used in the pits whilst on the server
at all times on Race Day

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Guus Verver
  2. Rupe wilson
  3. Rui F. Martins
  4. Kjell Eilertsen
  5. Antonio Tavares
  6. Markus Hakamo
  7. Marcin Piatkiewicz
  8. Antonio Tavares
  9. Roland Warmenhoven
  10. Jacob Boonstra
  11. Knut Omdal Tveito
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Thread open please post if your unsure of the installation :)

Installation:
-------------

Unzip and drop the GameData file into your GTL game installation. the folder that sits inside the Mod folder you have unpacked.
Make a back up of your PLR File
Look at GTL/ UserData/ folder, find your player *.PLR file, open it with notepad, find a "Wheels Visible In Cockpit" item and rewrite it this way:
Wheels Visible In Cockpit="1" Save your modified *.PLR file,
scroll down to
[ Graphic Options ]

Environment Map="0"
MIP Mapping="1"
Compressed Textures="1"
Specular="1"
Shadows In TV Cockpit="0"
Wheels Visible In Cockpit="1" (change the 0 to a 1) (this is about 31 lines form the bottom of graphic option)
Steering Wheel Visible In Cockpit="0"
Arms Visible In Cockpit="1"
Driver Animations="1"
Trackside Characters="1"
Disable All Character Anims="0"
Windscreen dirt buildup="1"
Swaying Trees="0"
Show MoTeC in Cockpit="1"
Show Dials in Cockpit="1"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

DO NOT DO THIS PLEASE
Open the GTL GameData folder and add a new row to SIM_GTC.gdb file at Category item, called F1LR = F1LR (tip: you can use F1LRconfig tool to do this for you).
Save your modified *.PLR file, run game... a new class "F1LR" should appear at menu. Select it and say hello to F1LR cars ;-)
This will cause you problems when entering other club events or can cause problems to other drivers when they enter the server if they don't have the mod installed.

More testing needs to be carried out on this to find a way for it to work for all.
Do not use the F1LRconfig tool do not adjust any parts of the car set please leave it default.
Do not use the Camera patch or the steering wheel patch.
once again a better understanding of these and how hey react to others on the server needs to be looked at before we can use them.
thank you for your understanding :)

My plr file already had Wheels Visible In Cockpit=1.

So it's just copy the game data folder to game folder and it's good to go?

Btw, perhaps instead of

it would be best to have

Arms Visible In Cockpit="0"

or

Steering Wheel Visible In Cockpit="1"

Because it doesn't make much sense to have only the driver arms and no wheel visible. I prefer to have the steering wheel, and therefore the driver arms, not visible, because they don't match my wheel 720º rotation, so I have both options at 0 (zero).

Antonio Tavares,

These changes will not effect online compatibility. You can have it set to whichever you prefer.

it would be best to have

or

Just install the mod as is without the added Configuration tool and things should be good to go.

As Rupe has stated before just don't alter your .GTC .GBD file

Antonio Tavares,

These changes will not effect online compatibility. You can have it set to whichever you prefer.

it would be best to have

or

Just install the mod as is without the added Configuration tool and things should be good to go.

As Rupe has stated before just don't alter your .GTC .GBD file

Thxs Hiroshi;

As to the plr lines, I was just suggesting an alternative to the red combination that Rupe posted in the first post: that way, in cockpit view, you would see only the driver arms moving around an invisible wheel. Bellow are the right combinations in my opinion: with 0's (zeros) to have no arms and no wheel (that's what I use); and with 1's (one's) to have both the arms and steering wheel visible.

I've read and understood all the event and general racing rules, pls sign me in Rupe.

What a great mod! I've just made 10 or 15 laps in the Brabham at Oesterreichring, and it is really awesome.
I've just copied the gamedata folder to the game folder, and everything works just fine. There are also some patches inside for camera and steering wheel size, but I prefer to leave all with default settings to avoid errors and mismatches online. Besides, I use cockpit view with no visible drivers arms and steering wheel. Hiroshi was also there, and everything worked smoothly at first time. No graphic or sound issues, no mismatches, good frame rate, just great! :thumbsup:

My setup was basically the default with steering lock adjusted, and after 4 or 5 laps to get used to the car, I started working on tire pressures and temperatures. First thing was to increase camber angles, because they are set a zero on both axles. I think I ended up with something like -2,5 front and -1,0 rear. Tires are also too inflated, I lowered pressures front and rear a couple of clicks. The default gearbox is well adjusted for Oesterreichring, I just set 2nd gear a click longer, but in Kyalami the 5th gear or the final ratio it will have to be stretched a little for more top speed.

I'm using a wheel rotation of 540º with a steering lock of 20º, as opposed to the 720º/21º that I use in most GTL cars. 540/20º corresponds to a steering ratio of 13,5:1; according to some past research I published in other topic some weeks ago, these type of cars had a steering ratio of around 15:1 (wheel rotation 540º/18º steering lock). If anybody has different settings in this chapter, it would be interesting to know. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back