65 Corvette @ Watkins Glen - Thu 5th January 2012

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Chevrolet Corvette 65
Track: Watkins Glen Nascar / Watkins Glen Long (download)

Practice start time: GMT 20.00
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (15 laps)
---------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (15 laps)

Note1: Default skins only.
Note2: We will no longer be adding people as "maybe" or "possibles" - you sign up, you show up.

Server password & Racing Rules: click here

Entry List
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Alexander Knoll
  3. Knut Omdal Tveito
  4. Peter Van Zanten
  5. Senad Subasic
  6. Ian Strom
  7. Jack Smith
  8. Roland Warmenhoven
  9. Nils Norberg
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver

Forgot to mention one thing though about the FFB strength settings. If you set the strength too high you will loose a lot of detail in the feedback because the sim is asking for more torque than your steering wheel can provide.

For instance if you have a steering arm force like this when going through a corner:
If you set the strength too high you will reach the limit of your steering wheel (black line in picture below) very early and after that the force will be constant and equal to the limit of your wheel. Thus you will not be able to detect the variation of the feedback force that is actually occuring:​
Now if you decrease the strength setting you will not reach the limit and you will get all the feedback through the wheel:​
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

To find a good setting, I usually run some tests on a bumpy circuit with different settings from 50-100% until I find a setting that is both strong enough and detailed enough.

I use the settings of Warren Dawes in the third post. Just copy the posted settings and overwrite the corresponding section in this file (be sure to make a backup first):
GTL/Userdata/"PlayerName"/ "PlayerName".plr

I still use Warren's settings to this day too - they are the settings I posted for Magnus in his "help" thread the other day - and I use 75% effect strength by default, so we're pretty close. :D

Warren is The Man.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back