Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc65.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: Shelby GT350 / Race2: 65 Corvette
Track: Silverstone 1988 (Download)
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 13 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins only.

Gutted to miss race one by a few mins, but Race 2 was a laugh. Nice battle with Carlos and some great drifting.

Nearly made an arse of myself by trying to pass Carlos from miles back into the final chicane, luckily my wildly out of control car missed his by inches.

Certainly got me in the mood for League racing again too. Looking forward to next week!

Cheers All!

That was ace, can I have another.

The first race, started from pole. I eventually got a gap, not alot, a little over 3 secs. From then, the race was a little boring. Grats to Nige n Lenno.

The second race, I started from pole again. This time, I made mistakes all over. I lost the lead, n made even more mistakes. In one lap ((10, I think) while nearly taking Stu with me.. sorry again Boss), I lost 5 secs and 3rd place. The gap to the leader (Nige), by the end, was only 1.7. I had a far more interesting race, involved in a 3 man dice for the win. Only came away with 4th, ace. Grats Nige, Stu and Bob.

Thanks to RD, Stu and Carlos. Also, to all my fellow racers, great evening gents.

Had loads of fun tonight. First with Amir and Bob in race1 and then with Tom in race2.
I'm surprised I didn't spin out into the grass tonight, I usually have a very hard time keeping these beasts on the road.

Grats to all podium finishers :good:

Big thanks to all who showed up and RD!

So, where do you boys want to take these beats out to next Tuesday?

I was thinking about maybe popping the cherry on Road Atlanta 1970, that way we will be acquainted with it for when we use it in the Boss series.

Let me know.

Yip,a couple of good races,a bit more settled in the Shelby,the Vette i just always felt clumsy and nervous in it,very very close to wiping out Neil at the last chicane due to being a bit of a liability braking there.
And really no worries Amir m8,i sort of invited you to try a pass there with my terrible problems at that turn the previous 3 laps in a row,so that final lap i put all my effort in to getting the nose in and actually hit the apex,im sure you were expecting another wide slow bodge job :).
Well done Eck & Nige

Thank You Carlos/Stu & RD

two" intresting" races.
i love this track it always produces good races. i had high expectitions for this race because i won here with the abarth at the previous league.
the shebly: don't know why but i just did't feel comfterable with that car. qualified low down and decided to take it easy. had a very good fight with carlos- fair and fun. carlos was faster then me and i didn't want to make any stupid moves so setteld in my place and waited for a mistake from carlos which didn't happen:).
second race the vette was much more easy to control for me. found a good pace and qualified 6 i think.at the start- t 2 or 4 ? i got hit. went in the grass and started in the back. lucky for me gary was also there and then we had a very very good and close fight for about 8 laps or so. both of us were drifthing like mads at t1:). i noticed that i was faster at one of the turns and planed my move for the final laps. meanwhile both of us closed realy fast on carlos and tom who were before us and almost closed the gap. last lap- i wanted to make my move. i came behind gary at that turn where i was faster and i was sure that gary would go out wide. unfortunetly we both were drifiting the cars and gary closed the apex just when i was behind. i couldn't do anything besides trying to avoid contact but unfortenetly i hit him, sorry for that gary.i finished at 9th place but this low place dosen't reflect the good fun i had at this race.
well done for eck and nigel for their wins awsome pace you had.
as for the next race how about mugelo?
thank carlos and stuart for orgenising the race.

About 3/4's through R1 while at the back of the pack I passed Phil after he had a spinoff and he then proceeded to chased me down. I just barely held him off. If the race was another couple corners longer he would have got me. I hope my driving line was clean while trying to protect my position. I noticed I gave Carlos a couple little " love taps"....oooops.

Had a good time battling Claudio in R2 and I was hanging with him for awhile but I had two slip-offs due to lack of focus at two different turns and I paid dearly for them. Experienced a lot of tire wear which made driving more difficult.

Thanks to Stu/Carlos and all racers, and to all podium boys..nice driving.

Couple of very nice races (well, one good, one brilliant) in these cars.

It's weird to think I used to avoid these Muscle cars like the plague, but now I find they're almost relaxing to drive, because everything has to be done so soon, but so slowly so as not to upset them.

Race 1 - I had a stinky quali lap putting me down on the last or penultimate row. I got a good start, immediately compromised by whomever was in front of me getting a poor start, causing me to have to come right out of the accelerator.

On reflection, it was probably for the best, otherwise I'd have had no real racing in this one. Started working my way through the pack in front, getting into a really nice three-way (oo-er missus) with Hutcho & Phil. They had a bit of a tangle going into Maggots, leaving my pretty much on my own in 4th, and it stayed that way until the end. The three in front were slowly pulling away, as I was pulling away from the chasing pack by roughly the same sort of amounts.

Race 2 - that's a whole new ball game. Good enough quali for P2, Eck was away solidly enough from pole, but Nige got a proper kung fu start up into P2, and Hutcho was right in the mix as well. After a few corners, it settled down to be Eck in the lead followed by Nige, then me then Bob. I was slowly catching them in front, while Bob was constantly waiting for any mistakes on my side. I left the door a bit too wide on entry to Stowe, and he dived down the inside, but I had a inkling he was coming, so I cut back across his tail as he ran towards the outside under braking and took the place back straight away. After that, I closed up on Nige, who himself had closed right up on Eck. There followed some seriously close racing, with various place changes, until Eck went a bit wide into Club, with me on a tight line and we had a bit of a touch which cost him that 5 sec he mentioned (although Hutcho is now going to call Club Corner "Thommo's Laundry" because - apparently - I hung Eck out to dry :D ). This allowed me to concentrate on getting to Nige, now in the lead. Like last week in the Minis, I looked down at the lapcounter, and simply couldn't believe we were on lap 11. Nige was obviously struggling with his tyres, I managed to catch up quickly, but by the same token, mine weren't exactly fresh out of the box either, so any advantage I got through my lines or in the braking zones wasn't quite enough to get past safely, and so we crossed the line 0.2 sec apart. I ended up with the fastest lap of a 1.41.0, which I was more than moderately chuffed with.

Gratso to Eck & Nige for the wins, and all the podium kiddies - a fantastic night's racing.

As for next week's event, I like both of these cars, but I'm finding them a little similar, to be honest. I enjoyed the contrast we had with the Boss & the CSL, and also the contrast between the Shelby 350 & the Merc 300SL when we drove them round Spa. Maybe as a counterpoint to the Vette, the Ferrari 275 would be a good contrast? There's loads of skins for it in the GTC65 pack now... Just my €0.02 though - you know I'll drive whatever's on offer.

RD is my dealer, GTL is my crack, and my lips are welded to the pipe. :D

After reading the report by the self proclaimed addict, love the statement Thommo, all I have to say is I had a great nights racing in these beasts. Both races I had to chase hard but could never quite get to those in front but enjoyed the chase.

Thanks Carlos for another good car/track choice, Grts to Eck & Nige on their respected wins & thanks to all that showed up to make these kind of events great, well done chaps and some great driving by all.

come on Eck, we like having you around, and Thommo's skinpacks are perfectly safe, it is MY skinpacks you should worry about. Most times that I have put together a pack it has turned out to be a disaster. But Thommo's usually run perfectly.

Please m8, give it a try and if it goes bad I will never ask again, promise.

Thommo's skinpacks are perfectly safe
I've never questioned the safety, quality or anything else, regarding the "car"packs, its purely personal reasons that stop me downloading them. I'm only doing myself out of races, I know.

come on Eck, we like having you around
Its touching???, it really is???.. (lol). After I'd dried my tears, I still couldn't do it... lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back