Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc65.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: 1965 Corvette / Race2: Ford GT-40
Track: Road Atlanta 1970 (Download)
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 17 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins for the Vette, we will be using the GTC65 skinpack 1.0 for the GT-40.

Just did some laps in the GT40. What a track! Lovely combo Carlos. And it looks so sweet in the John Player Special livery:good:

I'm going to have to concur with the honourable gentleman from Stavanger* :good:

Had a little pracco with Hutch and Jack last night - the 'vette is cracking fun round here, but the GT40 is immense.

I'll be getting my Parmalat on tonight in the Ford :D

*apologies if you're not from Stavanger, I was just shooting for somewhere Norwegian that wasn't Oslo. It came down to Stavanger or Trondheim off the top of my head.

Not bad Stu, It used to be Trondheim, but now it's Oslo:) BTW why are you Dr. Sheldon Cooper and who's that?

Had a little pracco with Hutch and Jack last night - the 'vette is cracking fun round here, but the GT40 is immense.
So it's not just me then:) I've never felt the GT40 be so "alive" around any track. Haven't tried the Corvette yet.

EDIT: I just found out that I will be there 100%

Sorry if I haven't been around much boys, my internet connection has been very screwy since Friday. I have a tech from the ISP coming over today (not sure when, they left the time open between noon and 5pm) to check it out. I won't be able to join you today. Damn shame, it looks like it's going to be a fun one.

Thanks for throwing up the server Stu.

Wow that was even better than I was hoping for. Shame you couldn't make it Carlos.

Race 1 I was a little rusty at first and needed some laps to calm down and settle into a rhythm. Really good fun and had a few laps chasing Gary which was really nice. I thought about trying an overtake, but with this car I just didn't want to risk anything! The car was really nice for this track though and had a great time.

Race 2 was just excellent. It wasn't really close racing but Leszek was always in sight which made me push harder and harder. After a few laps I went a little beyond ability and had little trip on the grass. But so did Leszek and he was soon back in sight. For the rest of race it was one looong attack and giving 120 % to try and keep up. Some of my best driving experiences! The GT40 was simply amazing around this track.

Thanks Carlos, Stuart, RD and all who showed up!

Carlos, track was immense, the vette - challenging, GT40 - absolutely awesome & a pleasure to drive round Road Atlanta.

Thanks guys had a great time tonight. Race 1 was challenging in the beasty Corvette. Was a lonely race as I was midfield looking at the guys ahead pulling away but enjoyed the race nonetheless. Race 2 was a different story, I loved it and what a real racing car the GT40 is & on a track like tonight, it seemed the 2 were made for each other.

Thanks Carlos, sorry you couldn't be there, also thanks to thommo for doing the racing duties, nice one mate. thanks to all the guys who showed up for some great racing.

Really enjoyed the pictures Senad. Keep it up.

I got some help from Bob on driving line the night before and it seemed to help me to be more consistant in the race. Had a good battle with Hans in Race 1. I started in position 6 and finished in position 6 which is very good for me. In Race 2, I was less consistant at the beginning but later settled down. Chased Senad for most of the event but never did catch him. Tim and Hans were in the mix with us for a bit. Really enjoyed this car because of the way it would take off and also handle the corners. Well done to the winners and fellow racers, thanks to Stu and Carlos. See you Thursday.

I hope you gents don't mind me bringing the 40 and this track together again sometime in the future so I can be part of the fun. Don't worry, it won't be too soon.
Would you believe that at around 18:30 GMT my internet is working, so I start practicing hoping that the tech gets here closer to 5pm (21:00 GMT) so I could maybe join race 1 at the very least. But no, guy knocks on my door a few minutes before 3pm (19:00 GMT) :mad:.

Oh well, lets hope his visit resolved the issues I was having (internet would come on and off randomly and when it worked the bandwidth was low as hell). Especially with round 1 being this Thursday and all.

I'm glad you boys approve of the track, and I'm really glad you enjoyed the combo. Big thanks to Stu for suggesting pairing up the Vette along with a more different car, without his idea, we would have been driving the very similar GT350 again hehe.

This why you are the Jedi Master and I, the Padawan lol.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%