The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyerpng.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM P&G
Class: 60's Touring Cars Group 2
Track: Estoril (default)
Weather: Changeable

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (10 min)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.10 (45 min)
Warm-up start time: GMT 19.55 (3 min)
Race start time: GMT 20.00 (60 min)

Note1: Terrain Patch will be ON
Note2: You can choose any car from the class - no changing vehicle once quali sessions begins
Note3: Be aware of the start times, now that we have gone to Daylight Savings

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Sign-up list:

1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Bob Hutchins
  3. Jack Smith
  4. Nils Norberg
  5. Nigel Middleton
  6. Hans Sneep
  7. Wayne Reed
  8. Carlos Diaz
  9. Tudor Morris
  10. Neil Gault
  11. Erling Bohmer
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Marc Good

The pendulum of fate has got to begin swinging back your way very soon if not immediately Stu.

Tough go for me tonight, lapped by several, but finished. Messed up 4th grearing ratio in warm up and just could not afford that being as slow as I was to begin with but I adjusted not too badly as the race went on. Well done to Nils, Neil and Tudor ( I believe ) to all racers and Stu for the event. Had a good fight with Hans, each of us helped the other with errors is the way I saw it and Hans made the last mistake.

Real shame Stuart, you were badly needed as I was unable to be any help to Bob in the fight against the Alfa swarm..

You seem to have caught some bad racing karma these last few weeks..:ghost::yin-yang: (is that even English?) Try to get rid of it.:cool:

Myself I am glad I made it in time for this one. I really enjoyed myself and my easy-going Cortina; didn't have any problems with a 60 min race though I'm not used to that at all. Well, no problems except lacking speed in general:redface::redface:
Thank you Stu for the Tires advice: greens were great all the way; Was able to maintain 2:10:xx laps all throughout the race :)snail:I know, I know, Don't LAUGH!:mad:)

Well anyways, congrats to Nils for another win, congrats to podium finishers, thanks to all others for racing with me and of course :thanks: :thumbup: to Stuart and RD for setting up another nice event.

Enjoyable race last night. Qualied 3rd and had an ok start, but Bob had a better one and went through at T1. I had a good run down to the T6 parabolica and made it stick through on the inside to regain position.

I managed to claw my way back to Neil in 2nd for what became a bit of an epic battle for the remainder of the race. I thought I was away when he got all squiggly into T1 allowing me through, but he was soon back up to me. With a few laps remaining I ran a little deep into T6 giving me a slower exit and he was through to 2nd again. We then had a great few laps of close racing to the flag.

These PnG car groupings can throw up wide variations in pace which usually means that races consist of a few models only while others are left in the garage. The Abarth, Cortina GT and 970s Mini are all great drives on the right track, but are rarely used because they are so off pace compared to their Gr2 competitors. Maybe worth restricting the choice for some races?

Anyway, thanks for arranging and for the great racing......good fun and hope to see you next time.

First, car choice ok Alfa Jun. seems nice than learn the track (never did a race on it ) so practice for a while an was happy with the car,on race day there was only one more Junior in the hands of Tudor driving a 2.05.xx?? where my fastest lap a 2.12.++ so playing with the gear setup but al I get, a 2.12.++ it was.

Q on p8 an had a good start running 5p for a short time but the fast guys game all back on me an with some small errors from my side dropping back to p8, after 45 min. in race making a mistake after the short chicane
an hit the wall taking 15 sec to get out of it,steering out of centre an Jack on my tail no way to hold him off,so strugeling to the fin.an to my surprise I did a 2.10.8xx in the race ( no idea how I did that lol).

All an All it was a good event, nice track an nice car,Grats to Nils for the win an to Stuart to setting it up an the guys for racing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%