AC 60's F1 @ Brands Hatch - Mon 09Oct17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Very enjoyable race. Tariq: what can I say! So fast its unreal. Good Podium
For me. yes, slow but consistent. That s my aim first; to get consistent. I came off the black stuff twice but never span. Perfect except for one thing! One person, dont know but noises, breathing, wife in background. Please guys, PRESS-TO-TALK. So easy. If I am out of order asking this, then admins will tell me.

Very enjoyable race. Tariq: what can I say! So fast its unreal. Good Podium
For me. yes, slow but consistent. That s my aim first; to get consistent. I came off the black stuff twice but never span. Perfect except for one thing! One person, dont know but noises, breathing, wife in background. Please guys, PRESS-TO-TALK. So easy. If I am out of order asking this, then admins will tell me.
Actually it's important that we, as a community, keep mentioning these things.
We admins/Staffs/mods/p.i.t.a.'s :roflmao: are just drivers like we all are. Always feel free to lower our workload, as long as it's friendly. For other things there is the report button :)

Your post was friendly in my opinion so absolutely no problem, we appreciate it! :inlove::thumbsup:

btw: same for:
- track cuts
- unsafe rejoins
- unfair behavior
- blahblah

We can't see everything and we forget about a lot. We need to help each others maintaining a clean and fair racing club which we all enjoy driving in :)

Sorry Ken to state an example here with your post :roflmao::barefoot:

You're such a gentleman driver, Ken. :thumbsup:
I try to be myself, at least if I'm getting blue flagged and see someone approaching fast in the mirror. I just stay on one side and lift off the gas. Probably a bit too polite, lol.

Had a great moment during the race. I was on the tail of someone (think it was @Ben O'Bro) for about 10 minutes or so. Put immense pressure on him, but just couldn't pass. Awesome stuff! :)

[...] at least if I'm getting blue flagged and see someone approaching fast in the mirror. I just stay on one side and lift off the gas. Probably a bit too polite, lol.
Don't be too polite! :)
Just keep your line and on the next straight move away from the racing line and lift the throttle so the one behind can overtake.
I often see that the driver with the blue flag moves into the gravel, brakes on the racing line, brakes in corners etc.
That's not really "trustworthy" for the fast driver behind.
And I hate to be responsible for someone going off-track when I happen to lap someone.
You are still a full part of the race, don't feel pressured to transform into thin air! :inlove:
It also adds some tension if the gaps getting smaller due to the lapping process :sneaky::p

Also remember that you all have the same/similar car so a little lift on a straight won't get the faster driver magically in front of you. It's mostly the corners where they are faster. So keep your pace, let them catch up in the corners and then move away from the racing line on the next straight. But first they need to get close to you.
And remember: it's their responsibility to not crash into you, not yours! :)

Here is a beautiful example of how to keep the line and respect the slower drivers while still battling for position:

Last edited:
hi
what a terrible race for me. After the jump start i make the mistake drive to my pit. But you have to drive thru which i did the next round and also for the third time the mandantory PitStop. So i was really on the last place and to make the 10th position shows how the race would be if i don't make this mistakes.
But it was fun to drive a car like the Lotus.
thx to all for the fair race
hape

You're such a gentleman driver, Ken. :thumbsup:
I try to be myself, at least if I'm getting blue flagged and see someone approaching fast in the mirror. I just stay on one side and lift off the gas. Probably a bit too polite, lol.

Had a great moment during the race. I was on the tail of someone (think it was @Ben O'Bro) for about 10 minutes or so. Put immense pressure on him, but just couldn't pass. Awesome stuff! :)
ah indeed! I hesitated few times to let you pass, and i think i eventually did a mistake! Towards the end, either i was tired, or my car damaged, i was running at +2sec every lap! I couldn't keep up anymore.
But very nice cars to race online, challenging and a race full of surprises!

the results by the way:
mod edit: please use this website first to keep the privacy :)
AC-Name-Stripper-Page
login:
rd
rd

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I may not be fast, but at least I'm consistent. :p

1:26.0!!! That's just...
HkzdagH.png

ah indeed! I hesitated few times to let you pass, and i think i eventually did a mistake! Towards the end, either i was tired, or my car damaged, i was running at +2sec every lap! I couldn't keep up anymore.
But very nice cars to race online, challenging and a race full of surprises!

the results by the way:
http://simresults.net/171009-39y
Sounds like you had some fun! :) Maybe it was your tyre wear/temperature/psi that went down?

Sorry to interrupt this thread again :ninja:
But we have the grey-area rule problem with posting results:
All real names are in that and simresults is searchable by google so depending on how rare a name is, you get a nice listing.
For my name it was the first 5 hits. Before my public facebook page etc., not really "private" anymore!
(the creator is a very friendly guy though and deleted the results for me)

But one of our guys created a nice workaround :)
A little homepage with a tool that shortens the names so the privacy issue is no longer existent!
AC-Name-Stripper-Page
login:
rd
rd

The file you get from it is okay to upload :)

Don't wanna sound like a paranoid person. But we state that the real names will be only visible for premium members. So posting them on another, searchable website is a problem we can't do something about other than trying to "spread the word" about it and hope for the best.

Thanks for understanding :)

As said: when you use the homepage there is no problem anymore :thumbsup:

Sounds like you had some fun! :) Maybe it was your tyre wear/temperature/psi that went down?

Sorry to interrupt this thread again :ninja:
But we have the grey-area rule problem with posting results:
All real names are in that and simresults is searchable by google so depending on how rare a name is, you get a nice listing.
For my name it was the first 5 hits. Before my public facebook page etc., not really "private" anymore!
(the creator is a very friendly guy though and deleted the results for me)

But one of our guys created a nice workaround :)
A little homepage with a tool that shortens the names so the privacy issue is no longer existent!
AC-Name-Stripper-Page
login:
rd
rd

The file you get from it is okay to upload :)

Don't wanna sound like a paranoid person. But we state that the real names will be only visible for premium members. So posting them on another, searchable website is a problem we can't do something about other than trying to "spread the word" about it and hope for the best.

Thanks for understanding :)

As said: when you use the homepage there is no problem anymore :thumbsup:
That's something i never thought of!
thanks for the heads up, i'll bookmark this

It's a shame the simresult website can't keep unlisted the results we upload!

That's something i never thought of!
thanks for the heads up, i'll bookmark this

It's a shame the simresult website can't keep unlisted the results we upload!
Indeed!
I never though of it too until I read about that in another thread, googled my full name and my eyes kept rolling :O_o::barefoot:
Kind of a "policeman" post above from me. Please don't get it wrong, I really love after-race posts and discussions about it! Also I think digging through the results is a great way to improve or simply relive the race! :)

Indeed!
I never though of it too until I read about that in another thread, googled my full name and my eyes kept rolling :O_o::barefoot:
Kind of a "policeman" post above from me. Please don't get it wrong, I really love after-race posts and discussions about it! Also I think digging through the results is a great way to improve or simply relive the race! :)
I'll keep you posted; i sent a little donation to sim result to ask if they could add an "unlisted" option :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back