60+ km straight line track

Hello,

Im trying to find a track with a very long straight only.

I've tried creating my own track with BTB with a straight line of 63.000 meters. But i failed lol.

So you know someone who made a track like this?

here is a good example:

thanks

Originally posted Wikipedia said:
Endurance Drag Racing

Endurance Drag Racing (EDR) was founded by Bruno Sousa Ferreira on 8th of June 2011 14:14 GMT. The point of EDR is to finish the 60 km straight lane road first. There's pit stops and drivers swaps every 10 km. It takes place once in the Human Mankind. The first happened in 2011. The pole sitter is simply the man who survives the 60 km straight. To be a straight it isn't that hard. But it runs under lakes and over mountains that makes it pretty bumpy and a handfull of drivers have flew into the air and landed on the moon. The worst accident ever was the Voyager that flew so far away even past Pluto in Practice Session 1.

how does "pit stops" work on a loooong straight track, seeing as there is no pitlane? do your pit crew set up every now and then down the road for you to stop at? or do the drivers have to get out, fill her up themselves etc, possibly at some convientiently placed petrol stations and such? haha

I can see pit stops being a problem. Maybe if you curved the track every ¼ mile or so, then curved it again and again until it joined, you could race it a few times to make the correct distance. Then you would only need 1 set of pits for the pit stops and the spectators could see the cars more than once. You could call it Oval Racing.

how does "pit stops" work on a loooong straight track, seeing as there is no pitlane? do your pit crew set up every now and then down the road for you to stop at? or do the drivers have to get out, fill her up themselves etc, possibly at some convientiently placed petrol stations and such? haha

There's a pit crew that drives in a Lada and catches up the driver each time he's out of fuel. :)

Hope the OP comes back and tells us why, I'm intrigued.

Perhaps you could have the track looping back on itself upside down and reverse the effects of gravity when on the upside down part, better still make it so the driver needs to keep up a certain speed for the downforce to keep him up there, spectators see more, and pit stop strategy becomes more important because if you run out while upside down you don't just stop - you fall off the track !

I can see pit stops being a problem. Maybe if you curved the track every ¼ mile or so, then curved it again and again until it joined, you could race it a few times to make the correct distance. Then you would only need 1 set of pits for the pit stops and the spectators could see the cars more than once. You could call it Oval Racing.

Perhaps they could use some sort of enclosed vechile for this activity, based loosely on a real production car, but designed to deal with these new found curves with an advanced suspension? they could call them "stock cars".

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%