6 GRAN PREMIO DEL ALGARVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was fun. My aim for this race was to bring it home in one piece and I succeeded in that! P 15 in the end with my teammate Eckhart behind me on p16...
Had some nice fights in the beginning of the race with some close racing, that was really nice! Around 15 or so laps my (soft) tyres went really bad so I stopped around lap 18, which was the plan. So all in all a good race for me. Only had one problem with my PC when my screen went black for a second (problem with my graphics card apparantly...) but I don't think I hindered anyone and I could continue after it was restored.

Thanks all for a nice race!

Standings ovations for RPM! Maxumim points, well done :)

Well dnoe to my teammates too, not the best result maybe but considering what happened it was a good result and we cought a little on Gubbklubben.

And for those who wonder why there were no sound from me and Xosé the first part of the race it was because we had a problem getting the PSRtv TS user into TS. But it worked out ok in the end :)

Now, write your reports so that I can make a nice "Drivers quotes" for the STC site ;)

okeedokee, here you are:

quali: just got on the server before quali because my son had problems installing his f1 2010 game :( and blocked the internet.
went out on super softs and decided to take t1 a bit slower so as not to risk a cut warning. Turns out you get a warning if you just go wide a little while you are safe going wide like there's no tomorrow, lol. Disq, 26th of 26 on grid.
race: huge pileup in that slow turn before heading out on straights, glad we did a second out lap, next time round there was a Flatout Club car facing my way just as I accelerated after green flag, swerved to avoid and got a cut warning even before crossing the line :(
From there on it was a great fight with Michael for eight laps or so for pos. 25, he nudged me off once and after that I think pitted and disappeared from my mirror. From then on it was a lonely but very enjoyable affair, my hards lasted well, only made one small mistake which resulted in a stop'n go. Pitted in middle, second stint on hards, too. Once I was safe with Theo a lap up and Andreas a lap down behind I saw to my motor, never letting the revs go in the red. Brought it home four laps down in 16th, Theo in 15th, finally a good BlueFlagger team result again. Thx Xose and David for letting me be on the grid, hope from now on other Flaggers will step up.

Seems the mod, weather, tyres and now also the tracks will no friends with me this season.

My qualilap was not bad into the top 10. Also the first laps went well up to P5. A half spin then cost me some positions on P10, then a tap from the side and a push from the back wasn´t so nice. Addition two this my tirse fired, i planned from the beginning with 3 stops but after making love with this curb it doesnt matter. 3 or 4 times i´m lapped but then finally i got away. Thanks two teammate David from Motor AG who tried their best to push me off. After that the car was a bit destroyed but equal i was able to finish the race even on P17 which brings us some points.
Sorry to Mikko in the last laps as i almost crah you in the hairpin, I came out on pits, brakes don´t work as i expected so i hit again the throttle to avoid you before you steer into the corner, must looks weird to you .-)

Congrats RPM and FOR on the podium.

Attachments

• David and me.jpg
    David and me.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 247
  • final kick.jpg
    final kick.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 251
  • back on track.jpg
    back on track.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 248
Quali: What a laugh, I forgot that there is a little bug that changes the tyres to hard after a change in session. Found myself so far off the pace that I was practically last.

Race: I sat back and watched everything unfold on both of the warm up laps. After finally getting going I found myself dropped to the back with Eckhart having a lovely time trading places, BTW sorry for that tap thought it best to let you get back on track and ahead of me so I could LEGALLY pass you, after that I ran slightly wide out of one of the numerous tight corners and found myself disorientated, and subsequently in the wall at the next blind corner.

I tried to get back up to speed but was hounded by problems, when I touched one of the leaders, once again sorry to whomever that was really hope it didn't screw you up to bad, I retired. My car was un-drivable and I was starting to feel I could become dangerous to those around me.

Can anyone upload the replay as the one in the results doesn't work ?. Thank you.
here is my replay Tom
http://www.filefront.com/17478529/Algarve_101104_2107_Race1.Vcr

Was a little strange race Robin And Peter would run and I was reserv and had probably not been training that much. Then Robin's computer broke. so we tried to fix it but nothing helped so I jump in. I qualify, timid 13 but Peter qualify well and is around 5 then ends his internet and he can come in again and restart later.
I drive me up a bit but has enormous tire wear problem i think i had too do 3 stopper, but no one else went in so I ran for the two stop. Then I hear the teamspeak of Peters PC, clasps and he ends up in windows and when he gets back in the game, he has total Krach car. I drive me up to a maximum eight-spot, which is ok. But the Gubbklubben had probably been hoping for much better one 8plats and a DNF

I managed a great race, certainly the best I can do.

Quali : 7th with no a great lap, but not too bad.

Race : I tried to catch Hugo and Kevin during one hour, but they are just faster than me...
Finish 6th with a good performance for me and my teammate !

Finally a race without a terrible unluck for our team (no disconnection, no BSOD)!

Congratulation to the top 5 and specially for RPM.

What a great night for RPM.

Quali 1 I had a good lap and Marcin 2 perfect for team.

Race I was hoping for second sighting lap becouse I really got some tyrewear problem after 30min my rear was under 30%...So I get
second sighting lap :D thank you who you are ;)
First lap Marcin pass me but the difference between us three almost zero,After some laps I was faster and we decided to change order but I did not get away I think I got better luck whit backmarkers this time.
I tried to run smoothly and avoid problems and pit early as possibull,lastpit whent smooth and I get 5 sek for Marcin and 7,5 diffrent for Mikko.Boys got to reached the gap 3sek when race was few laps left and I heard Mikko got backmarkers problem and lost seconds we decided to do side by side foto finish.
Big thanks to my super teammate Marcin for the setup and practise help.
Also big thanks to Mikko without you it would have been a boring race!! super drive Mikko.

Thank you STC :)

Okay, now that I've calmed down after yesterday's race, here is my report.

Quali: Well, going into quali I was slow. I had only gotten my computer back from repairs the day before the race so I didn't have much time to practice at all. Minutes before quali though, my teammate Borna found a magic setup and I was able to start taking seconds of my PB. In my quali lap, I made a few mistakes and forgot to set my setup for full quali mode, so I lost time, but managed 8th in the end. I was okay with that.

Race: At the start, I was pressurized and then passed by one of the Flatout cars--same thing happened to me at Lemans. After that, I just took it easy on the tires and trailed a pack of 4 cars for most of the first stint. Then Borna radioed me and told me he was really struggling on his tires and that he HAD to come in. So he did so while I stayed out, because my tires felt fine. Well, soon enough, the whole field decided to pit and I was in 1st. I was stunned at this point because I realized everyone was on a 2-stop plan besides me. Got to the 50 minute mark and decided to pit after Rami passed me. Unfortunately, that's where it ended for me, in the the pits. I had made a mistake while mapping the buttons on my wheel and forgot to designate a button for 'confirm pitstop'. So I tried mashing like a billion keys while I was in the pit, but nothing worked. So with not enough fuel and with really worn tires, I had to take a DNF.

Very dissappointed, but I'm looking forward to next event since I'll have a lot of time to practice. Plus it's at Daytona and I want to win won for us Americans!

Oh, and congrats to RpM. You guys are awesome!

What a great race...

Quali went above my expectations. I am for sure not the best hotlap alien there is but i managed to drop my car on p4.

Then the race: Yes, i was pretty nervous. First i had to pay attention to the formation lap but that went smooth this time. After the green flag the nerves changed into adrenaline and of we go. In front of me there was Miko and in the first laps i noticed that i can't hold his pace. the 3 aliens in front of me where going faster and faster so i had drive my but of to keep the gab as small as possible.

On my tail, lets say 2 inches, there was Marco and he was definitely aiming for my 4th position. Marco and i had a great battle till the nasty sharp right hand turn made an end to our fight. I lost control and that cost me 3 places. At that point i activated my TURBO.EXE (located in my right foot). I was driving in a group of 4 and we had a great fight. Ludovic and Andreas were in front of me and Kevin was hanging on my tail. Andreas forced his car out of the track so that gave us a free spot. After some corners i managed to pass Ludovic and all i had to do now was to get rid of the chasers. But hey, i hat my TURBO.EXE activated and that helped me a lot. I was driving on p4 now with some free air around me. Then it was time for my first pitstop, unfortunately 1 lap to late, so that cost me some time. Comming out of the pit i was on p10, just in front of Ludovic. After some nice battles i was on p5 with Kevin on a save distance (6 seconds or so). That gave me the free space again to re-activate the TURBO.EXE and there we go again. From p5 to p4 was easy because there was somebody trying to make a 1 stopper (i think). But hey, you don't hear me complaining ;)

After some nice laps on my own it was time for my second pitstop. I don't know how Kevin did the trick but he was way in front of me when i left the pit. So the new goal was set. I had to close a huge gab to get my p4 back again. After a few laps i realized that it was an impossible mission and i decided to be happy with my p5 and bring the car home in one piece. But sometimes you need a little luck, and thats happened to me :) Kevin had a freeze ore something like that and suddenly he was right in front of me. Kevin and i had a great battle and on the first corner after the long straight i managed to pass.

Yessss, i was back on p4 again and i didn't plan to give the spot back.

Bringing the car home on p4

Thanks all for this great race and grats to Marcin, Rami and Miko, the winners by far...

Better late than never, so here's my rep.

Quali: I took a risk in one corner and made a mistake...that probably cost me the front row spot. So I was very unhappy.

Race: I wasn't sure about RPM's race pace so I just tried to stick with them and to my surprise it wasn't as hard as I had thought. We had roughly the same pace in the first stint so I was just waiting for the pit stops. I was going to go in but when I saw that Rami and Marcin both pitted I had to continue because I would have gained nothing going in on the same lap. Well that didn't work and I lost about 3 secs to them when I pitted myself. On the 2nd stint however I was much faster than Marcin and Rami....needless to say I just did not find a way to pass Marcin. It was really close a few times but I could not take the risk of losing points so I wasn't as aggressive as could have. As the pit cycle was closing in again I decided to pit...but again I saw RPM going in and I had to go one more lap. I was hoping they'd caught some traffic coming out of the pits but they didn't and I lost a few secs again on my stop. I tried to catch Marcin again but lapped traffic made that impossible. I have to mention Gaetan Lagestelois who absolutely destroyed my race. He just would not let me pass and after I saw that he was all over the place I didn't want to force my way through. Also because I had to BATTLE with a backmarker I got in to more trouble. Again I need to mention Andreas Löffler who (came just out of the pits I think) completely missed his brake mark and had I not being looking at my rear view mirror, would have crashed hard into me.

All in all I'm not happy that I lost the race in quali already. I had the pace for a better result but if you can't pass the guys infront you don't deserve it.

Big congrats to RPM for a 1-2 and also to my teamie Kevin for bringing the car home on a good P5. I would hope that in the future the guys being lapped would have some respect for the leaders.

I have to mention Gaetan Lagestelois who absolutely destroyed my race.

???
I wanted to catch up with the 8th and I could have if I had not had to let you pass. When you come near I let pass you for my mistake (for the "I saw that he was all over the place") but when you make a mistake i can't brake and loose 2s or 3s again i've a race me too sorry. (you was not so fast at finish i can follow you :( )

PS : RPM have been no problems to lap me, you think I work for them?

PPS : And remember after your first stop, I've let pass you while I had not blue flag (that was fair, no ?), I was in front of you. But as I was going to stop I want not to disturb your battle. If you want overtake, come near me I watch my mirrors, I would not hit you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 68 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%