6 BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Mikko, but it was Mike who as fault. Dragos and Marcin both said Mike was drving at 100mph, when the pace car speed is 90. so that is way the gaps were left, as we were the ones obeying the rules. Good day :wink:

The gap appeared from the Hill section 2 turns away from the start finish straight, it happened within that hill section very quickly and was at its largest by the 2nd to last corner, neither me or the Pace Car made any sudden acceleration and I know I was not doing 100mph, thats quite fast! We only manage 165mph down the main straight at full race speed :)

The rule in question is this, quoted from the briefing:

E.- IMPORTANT FOR POLE SEATER Even with the safety car on track, it will be the leader of the group responsability to have a constant pace, so if the Safety Car accelerates going back to pit, the leader of the group have to keep a 90 kmts/h speed. As seen in previous races, Safety Car can be disconected so it is important leaders knows his role in the formation lap.

The Pace Car did not accelerate to go back to the pits untill just before the last turn. By that time the gap was closed anyway.
As far as I know I was keeping a consistent 60mph/90kph behind the Pace Car.

In my mirrors it looked like the group got a bit "compacted" before I granted green. I gshowed green flags late as there was a long straight and I wanted almost all the cars passed through last corner. Anyhow, I think it worked fine more or less and there should not be further problems on that matter.

Possibly we will make an announcement regarding a diferent kind of incident/problem we found and we really want to get it fix. So please guys stay tunned to the team spokesman forum this weekend.

i watched the replay of the first seven or so laps and what strikes me is the many many cars in the second row so to speak. at times it looked from behind as if we had a full double lineup, not a single file. I know people do this to avoid bumping into the guy in front (I do it, too) but it certainly doesn't make it easy for safety car to check what is going on.

Yeah not really a hurry or something, just curious. But found it always weird that FSR and iRacing events are always available after the race already where STC and some other Leagues need to wait way longer. STC pays also for the broadcast just like iRacing and FSR so should have equal attention.

But no hurry. The live broadcast is more important offcourse. :)

Hey guys I know this is late but nice race the other day. It seems that I do have to put in more laps so I can actually do some good for the team. I am sorry for the bumps that happend during the race, but I tried my best to be gentlemanly and acknowledge my mistakes. Sorry to mikko for the bump, I wish i didnt spin out behind you because that messed my concentration and i was hopping for a nice battle with you. As for the incident with Daniel Beck I dont know why I would get penalized for that when i relinquished my position after the little tap into turn one. Can anyone clear that up for me because... well its beyond words. I try to be as fair as i can and i relinquished my position because i KNEW that the bump was in a grey area of simracing. So i would like an explination for that. As for anything else regarding my race its understandable but this one kind of upsets me.

Cheers

Hey guys I know this is late but nice race the other day. It seems that I do have to put in more laps so I can actually do some good for the team. I am sorry for the bumps that happend during the race, but I tried my best to be gentlemanly and acknowledge my mistakes. Sorry to mikko for the bump, I wish i didnt spin out behind you because that messed my concentration and i was hopping for a nice battle with you. As for the incident with Daniel Beck I dont know why I would get penalized for that when i relinquished my position after the little tap into turn one. Can anyone clear that up for me because... well its beyond words. I try to be as fair as i can and i relinquished my position because i KNEW that the bump was in a grey area of simracing. So i would like an explination for that. As for anything else regarding my race its understandable but this one kind of upsets me.

Cheers

Sorry for taking it up. But you bumped firstly a COR car off the road, then the corner after you bumped me off. :)

I know erik thats not the incident i was talking about. I acknowledge that that was not good there. no worries i covered that in my post. But i did not expect you to brake so early. I'm not defending myself just explaining and i dont have a problem with that ruling. just the incident with daniel beck.

I know erik thats not the incident i was talking about. I acknowledge that that was not good there. no worries i covered that in my post. But i did not expect you to brake so early. I'm not defending myself just explaining and i dont have a problem with that ruling. just the incident with daniel beck.

Ah me see, I only found it strange you did it in two corners after each other. :)

racing incidents happen and i havent raced for a long time, it is time for me to get back into it because i miss it quite a lot. But the doran is a difficult car for me which is very wierd :)

Don't worry about it Dragos, thats just the way racing is (as you know), and how the incident report works...roll on your next race, I'm sure it won't be long until it all starts clicking again (reletively speaking).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back