5g Custom F1 Wheels

Hello,
We are a new company which is going to produce custom racing wheels and play seats, with high quality but affordable from everybody. We are going to present various versions so to satisfy the needs of the simracing community. Bellow I attach some pre-production pictures of our first model which is being tested for the moment. It will feature Leo Bodnar’s SLI-M display, with or without paddle shifters. In case that the wheel will be ordered with shifters it will feature quick release system as standard. In the next two weeks we are going to launch our website www.5gwheels.com, where you are welcomed to find all the relative news and models.
Thanks
5GFront.jpg

5GBack.jpg

Hello,
We would like to share with you some more pictures while our new steering wheel is being tested, mounted on the G27. Please have a look at the picture bellow. As we mentioned before it is going to feature SLI-M display, as also SLI-PRO and Pro-Race, depending on your order. While ordering you can choose among others, leather color on handles, color allocation of buttons, description on buttons and more…
Keep posted for more news soon.
Thanks.

5gtest1.jpg5gtest2.jpg

Upvote 0
'Affordable' as in how much?

SLI, quick release and what looks to be carbon fiber dosent sound cheap. I'm really looking forward to someone making an aftermarket wheel rim that dosent cost an arm.

Upvote 0
Hello Jan,
First of all thanks for your interest in our products. You are right, all of these things doesn't sound cheap, but I would like to inform you that we are going to sell by far the best value for money custom built wheel out there. In the next 10 days we are going to anounce our versions and prices and I promise you that you will find the one that suits your budget.
P.S. The wheel in the picture is not carbon, is being made by special paint we do inhouse to replicate the carbon look. Though in the future we will make some models with carbon.
Thanks

Upvote 0
I've been on the lookout for a decent (not high end) formula wheel rim for the G27 for a long while now, but the ones in existence are all ludicrously expensive. If this thing end up being affordable, simple and customizable, I'd definately be interested.

Upvote 0
Thank you for providing the market with an afforadble f1 rim for most of the simracers around here. There are some great work being done by other guys but lets face it: price is the deciding factor for most of us. I hope this will be in reach..If only, though, it looked a little bit nice.. :(

Upvote 0
Well, how should I put this mildly....hm. I'd rather take the stock version of the T500 F1 wheel than this wheel.

Sorry but this doesn't look appealing.

Upvote 0
costamesa Thank you very much for your quotes and I would suggest you to wait for the end product.
Tom Endres All the opinions are welcomed, as you can understand there is no product that can be appealing for everybody. Though please be so kind and accept my opinion that I would prefer a full functional wheel, form a wheel with decorative buttons and stickers for display led.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Tom Endres All the opinions are welcomed, as you can understand there is no product that can be appealing for everybody. Though please be so kind and accept my opinion that I would prefer a full functional wheel, form a wheel with decorative buttons and stickers for display led.
Thanks
Although what I said is valid my wheel has everything that yours has and is looking a lot more appealing.

8341215273_1a6072b6e5_z.jpg

All buttons and dials are functional, obviously. Just a hint, it's great that more people are starting to offer ready-made mods but for most people they need to look appealing.

Upvote 0
Dear Tom Endres you are right and for sure it looks fantastic, though I was tired of finding wheels which look always like the Ferrari ones. And as I can see this is for sure not a "stock" version. Nevertheless I said before your quotes are very welcomed.
Stock version picture bellow
t500f1.jpg

Upvote 0
I know how the stock version is looking but it's still more appealing than the one you posted - it looks way too "broad" (if you get me), in my opinion. Just my 0.02€.

Upvote 0
This looks fascinating. And when you say 'affordable' for everybody, I hope that includes some of us from, say, Africa.

I do not care one bit about whether it's real or fake carbon, as long as it looks authentic. And the enormous amount of buttons will go well on my G27 :D

Just a few questions:

1. Will it be a lot cheaper than the 500 Euro wheels out there? There's no way that with our exchange rate I will be able to buy those.

2. Do you do stringent tests before sending it to the clients? I really would not look forward to doing warranty replacements from Europe to South Africa.

3. How long does it take for it to be made from the moment an order is placed? Some of the other companies saying it will take a whole year before getting it, because it takes so long to be made, is just ridiculous.

If those questions' answers are positive, I will go for it. Been looking for one of these recently. I really like the look, and all those buttons!

Cheers

Upvote 0
Dear Tom Endres I get it and I'm ok with that, when we started doing that we knew that we cannot please everybody.

Dewald Nel I cannot tell you the price for the moment but the "basic version" will be a little bit more than the half of the price you wrote. Basic means no quick release no gears. But please consider also the next version with those features because the price is going to be again less than you write.

Every wheel is tested for two hours in game and by http://www.eksimracing.com/ software, which by the way it will be provide for free, with no need for donation to activate your SLI devices.

From order to delivery we need 6 weeks (officially) I can tell you that most of the times it will be shipped in 4 ;) .
Thanks

Upvote 0
Dear Tom Endres I get it and I'm ok with that, when we started doing that we knew that we cannot please everybody.

Dewald Nel I cannot tell you the price for the moment but the "basic version" will be a little bit more than the half of the price you wrote. Basic means no quick release no gears. But please consider also the next version with those features because the price is going to be again less than you write.

Every wheel is tested for two hours in game and by http://www.eksimracing.com/ software, which by the way it will be provide for free, with no need for donation to activate your SLI devices.

From order to delivery we need 6 weeks (officially) I can tell you that most of the times it will be shipped in 4 ;) .
Thanks

Everything you say sounds nice. Except the price.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing