500 today?

Is anyone else running the Daytona 500 today? I am thinking about it but I'm not sure I'll be able to run the entire thing. If people are saying that it could run up to and over 4 hours. I don't know if my little monkey will let me race that long.

On a side note, I may have gotten a new job which is a great thing. However I've already been told that it is 6am-6pm and right now is 60 hours a week. That would mean hardly any time for racing if I'm guessing right. So, with that said what I'm going to do is save all of the replays then at the end of the league season put together a big "end of season" pictorial. Highlighting each race and the best parts of it.

Great news job wise Joe.

Sounds a lot of hours.... are there not any rules and regulations in Texas regards maximum number of hours you can work in a week? I think here in UK employment laws limit employee's to 48 hours per week (not inclusive of overtime).

:wink:

I think there are laws in place however I think it's up to the employee to work them. I know when I worked for Compaq a long time ago before the layoffs we worked 12 hour shifts and to work more than the 3 days you had to sign up for them. If you are salary I don't think it matters as the companies seem to think they own you after that...lol... When I worked as the service tech manager for a computer repair company there was a 3-4 month period that I was working almost 80 hours a week... That almost ended in a divorce too...haha

wow, what a total nightmare that was...!!! I was in third place and was taken out by a rookie class or D one of the two in the trioval. Pushed me all the way to the apron and even asking over comms for him to give room didn't do anything. Just kept on coming over until there was nowhere else to go. So I used my reset and started at the back of the pack.... That was like watching a clip from Mad Max with people all over the place with no car control at ALL...lol... My brake fouled up again and was active at about 20% so I just quit at that point. I thought I had that fixed but I guess the fix is a temporary thing.

Horrible. I qualified 3rd in my split (4th). In turn 1 dropped down to 4th. In lap 10 or so, I was going to enter in the inside line again (there was a good space to get in) when the guy behind pushed harder and hit the back of my car, yellow flag and I went out...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back