50% discount on everything in RaceRoom Racing Experience

50 off.jpg

Sector 3 Studios would like to extend a thank you to everyone participating in this weekend's free testing by giving you 50% off everything in the R3E store for 24 hours, starting today at 20:00

Note that if you can't access the game you can still access the store here - RaceRoom Store

Make sure you read our tips for the store here - R3E Pricing, Discounts and Tips - particularly the part about saving money by buying discounted vRP.

If you want to pick up content that will be frequently featured in our R3E Club Races you could have a look at these packs:

WTCC 2013 and WTCC 2014
ADAC 2013 and ADAC 2014
DTM 1992
European Track Pack
American Track Pack

Make sure to buy only 1 pack at once, as you'll get discount on the next pack if it contains part of the content you already own!

This week we're running on Sonoma Raceway, so make sure you own that!

See you on track!

Update: It appears that the discount does not apply to packs, we've reached out to Sector 3 Studios and are awaiting official response on whether this is intentional or an error in their store. This post and thread will be updated once we know more.

Update 2: S3 have not commented on this and it seems the pricing is working as intended (sadly);

The current 50% off everything applies to all content in the store including packs. But all packs are already discounted higher than 50%, setting those to 50% off would actually mean less discount. (With the exception of wtcc which is at 49% discount)

The suggestion that the packs should be discounted 50% of their already discounted price is appreciated but that option will be reserved for the rare and special event throughout the year.

If S3 would make the product structure and prices more transparent that would be an improvement for each and everyone which is definitely improved customer satisfaction. And to be honest false advertisement started the whole discussion (thread), it´s not the case that we as customers have done something wrong here.
I don't have a problem with neither their pricing, their business model or their transparency. I add a product to the shopping cart and it shows me the price in €, does not get much more transparent than that.
As for false advertisement, I call it a slip up, a human error on S3s part, those do happen you know? They had no obligation to rectify anything after this, they could have just gone on without any further action, but they chose to be EXTREMELY kind about it and not only offer people a refund but to keep what they bought on top. The fact that people are upset by this I find utterly disgraceful, how people can feel so entitled to something they're not I will never understand.

I'm 100% with Kjell here.
Click on stuff, see what's in it, put stuff in shopping basket, see price.
That's about how each and every shop works, the only difference being that they use the fantasy currency, which on the other side allows them for example having you win credits.

If i were S3, i wouldn't have given anybody any refund.
Prices were clear when putting stuff in the basket.
If you purchased at that price, then you were fine with the costs.

... so I decided to search the internet for a possability to get the pack I wanted for a price that is nice ... ;) ... and I found the pack "ADAC GT Masters Experience 2014" for € 14.95 powered by a keystore I can trust. You can get the "DTM Experience 2014" pack for € 21.95 as well.
Maybe that is a good offer for some of you ... and for some of you not.
But at least it is a very good deal for me. No referral-link will be posted in the official forums due to respecting terms of use!
Greetings to all of you ... :D

Jesus, this is such a convoluted pricing structure with classic bait and switch tendencies that there is a backlash and when they get called out and have to react by giving out free stuff there is another backlash. Even then people defend them for being stand up company LOL. They are doing damage control and for good reason. No Kool-Aid for me thank you.

Yes it should be illegal to have drives and sell content for less.

There is one simple trick. Check what each content cost. Ignore if it´s "50 %" off or 25 % off or retail price. Check what it costs and if you think it´s worth it. The only thing complicating it some is VRP but it´s not that hard. The more VRP the more you safe IF you think the content you get for it will eat up all your VRP and you will just not buy more :)

You just proved my point, here is a "trick" to the system. If I have to play games to play games then there is a problem. Defend all you want but there are people out there thinking they are getting stuff at a deal. They don't live in these forums to figure out how to buy stuff.

This is my last post on this, if everybody thinks this pricing system is good, then fine, live with it.
It is full of marketing tactics and tricks and I won't support a company that practices this type of chicanery (Nice pun eh). I think it's a pretty good game and has potential but this is a turn-off to me and believe me I am not alone. Put some pressure on them to change, defending them doesn't make them a better company it just enables bad behavior, have a nice day.

You just proved my point, here is a "trick" to the system. If I have to play games to play games then there is a problem. Defend all you want but there are people out there thinking they are getting stuff at a deal. They don't live in these forums to figure out how to buy stuff.
No you didn´t seem to understand it.

What games do you have to play? I got stuff at 50 % off regular price it´s a better deal to me. I didn´t play any game beside buying it on the 24h the sales was active.

The only thing is that they should list vrp on their store. They listened to the wrong people removing that option. But maybe people got disgusted that they would encourage you to buy more stuff by offering a bulk rebate? I guess those never ever buy food on a grocery store either because they are so disgusted by having rebates when you buy three litres of milk instead of one :)

I fully support their business model, I have no issues with it what so ever.
You didn't when you posted your complaint against them on their forums Kjell. Your words:

"You may run your discounts as you please, I'm not here to complain about not getting things for cheaper than it is, but I think you should choose the wording in your marketing events a bit more carefully next time. 50% discount on everything sounds like you will get half off the price you would normally pay for, guess what, everything... 50% discount on non bundled content would be a better and more correct term in this case, or something along those lines. If I buy a 6 pack of something in the grocery store I expect to get a discount for quantity, but if that store runs a 50% off everything I actually do expect to get 50% off that 6 pack. For the record, I owned all content except Macau prior to this marketing jippo so I'm not saying this as a butthurt customer who wanted a free ride. On the contrary I'm a club racing organiser who get frustrated when I see potential drivers in my club leave the sim with a sour taste in mouth by what they consider a ripoff..."

So you obviously agreed a little bit with those of us who felt it was wrong. ;)

Guys,

This thread has now simply turned into a disagreement topic between those who support the pricing model and those who don't (and I don't want to restoke the fire by restating my particular view).

The thing is in this case I don't think those with one viewpoint will ever convince those with the opposite opinion. You either like the way S3 structure it or you don't. There are valid points on each side, but fundamentally you either agree with the model or you don't, and I don't think it's something that's likely to change any time soon.

Shame it's descended into this because everyone here seems to enjoy the title :unsure:

One minute this thread is locked by Kjell after having his last say on the matter the next it ain't, and his post explaining why has gone......... One of life's little mysteries. :cool: I'm not fussed either way about this game now. I will carry on using it offline because I actually love it. I just hope that the next RRE flash sale will be better managed and marketed. That was my one and only gripe.

Another dislike coming up eh Kjell?....;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing