50% discount on everything in RaceRoom Racing Experience

50 off.jpg

Sector 3 Studios would like to extend a thank you to everyone participating in this weekend's free testing by giving you 50% off everything in the R3E store for 24 hours, starting today at 20:00

Note that if you can't access the game you can still access the store here - RaceRoom Store

Make sure you read our tips for the store here - R3E Pricing, Discounts and Tips - particularly the part about saving money by buying discounted vRP.

If you want to pick up content that will be frequently featured in our R3E Club Races you could have a look at these packs:

WTCC 2013 and WTCC 2014
ADAC 2013 and ADAC 2014
DTM 1992
European Track Pack
American Track Pack

Make sure to buy only 1 pack at once, as you'll get discount on the next pack if it contains part of the content you already own!

This week we're running on Sonoma Raceway, so make sure you own that!

See you on track!

Update: It appears that the discount does not apply to packs, we've reached out to Sector 3 Studios and are awaiting official response on whether this is intentional or an error in their store. This post and thread will be updated once we know more.

Update 2: S3 have not commented on this and it seems the pricing is working as intended (sadly);

The current 50% off everything applies to all content in the store including packs. But all packs are already discounted higher than 50%, setting those to 50% off would actually mean less discount. (With the exception of wtcc which is at 49% discount)

The suggestion that the packs should be discounted 50% of their already discounted price is appreciated but that option will be reserved for the rare and special event throughout the year.

I made my thoughts known about the pack pricing on the official forums. I own all but one of the packs so I'm not looking to buy, but I still find it disappointing and a little under hand that they are exempt from sale. This promotion was a real good opportunity to get people on board.

The packs are massively overpriced at full 'RRP', probably about right at the bundled price, but knocking another 50% off would have really grown the user base.

The 50% off price is about where content should be by default anyway. This sim is expensive otherwise.

The problem as I see it is the sales model and pricing isn't very consumer friendly. A mess if I'm being brutally honest.

Hi Kjell, your ignorance is forgiven. ;)
I am referring to the the Experience DLC. I don't regard it as a full game. It is DLC for RRE. Therefore I think it's over priced for DLC.

ps, I paid £20 quid for GSCE a while ago and to this day so far, all content added is free. It's much bigger. And I can add mods to it and tracks.
It's all about what value you feel you get from what you pay. I paid $40 for GSCE, for that I have gotten roughly 10 hours of playing a game I honestly don't enjoy much, due to the content it provides.
I've spent probably €100 on R3E, but I've gotten 140+ hours out of it already and still more to come, and I'm LOVING IT.
As far as the DTM package goes, it's a standalone product, you don't need to won anything in R3E to drive it, and it's content is well worth the asking price to me, as opposed to GSCE which content is worth next to nothing to me (due to lack of interest in its specific content, not because its bad).

If I buy a GTR3 car, will I be able to race in ADAC GT Masters experience races or do I have to buy the full experience pack?
No, GTR3 is a separate class of cars, you need to buy ADAC GT cars to race in ADAC races, but you don't need to own the entire experience, just the car and track you wish to race on.

I've seen people lumping together ADAC and GTR3 cars in private servers. Although they are both GT3 categories, the ADAC cars are a little faster due to the regulations of that series so it's best not to mix the two.

It's all about what value you feel you get from what you pay. I paid $40 for GSCE, for that I have gotten roughly 10 hours of playing a game I honestly don't enjoy much, due to the content it provides.

Honestly Kjell, that is something that I really can´t understand. There is a whole bunch of simracers that love to drive SCE (me included) and cannot wait to throw more money at them to keep on developing their product.
I´m not saying you´re wrong in your oppinion to not like SCE but if we are comparing apples with apples SCE is the far more interesting product regarding price/performance if looked at content and the quality of it.
If you can´t acknowledge this that makes you a little bit strange in my eyes, but could be just me ;).

Cheers

Honestly Kjell, that is something that I really can´t understand. There is a whole bunch of simracers that love to drive SCE (me included) and cannot wait to throw more money at them to keep on developing their product.
I´m not saying you´re wrong in your oppinion to not like SCE but if we are comparing apples with apples SCE is the far more interesting product regarding price/performance if looked at content and the quality of it.
If you can´t acknowledge this that makes you a little bit strange in my eyes, but could be just me ;).

Cheers
It's inferior to R3E in graphics and sound. It drives well but I fail to understand why some seem to uphold it as some holy grail of sim racing, it's good but nothing special to me. The FFB is way too messy on my wheel, I don't want to fight my wheel vibrating going down straights.
At the end of the day I guess I could live with all of the above, if the content was interesting, but here's where the game falls flat on it's face for me. One car class I like and perhaps two tracks.
There's mods, but I honestly can't be arsed wasting time on mods when I have the option of booting up R3E, enjoy tons of content I like in a beautiful game with amazing sounds and stellar online racing.
So comparing apples to apples, to me GSCE sure ain't a more attractive package at all, and if you fail to understand why then it's all on you, not me. :)

It's inferior to R3E in graphics and sound.

Each to their own then Kjell. I like most, if not all the race sims, but I would not dare to call SCE inferior to RRE. Graphics and sound are not the be all of racing sims. S3's pricing structure is confusing and profit orientated to me. I have all the content except for the latest WTCC 2014 and Macau tracks, but I am totally disinterested in their latest stunt so in protest I am not buying any more and I'm not going to be using it here at the RD club racing scene. Your stance on this makes me even more dis-inclined to use it.

Last edited:
Don´t quite understand why sector 3s pricing is "disgusting".

Both Reiza and Sector 3 is small companies trying to make a profit hopefully.

I purchased 3 tracks and 8 cars if I didn´t forget one for 1700 vrp which since I bought the VRP pack with 33 % off is around 11 euro. I have bought more expensive DLCs then this for sure without blinking :)

Reiza don´t have their own game engine I am sure their costs will increase now they licensed the ISI engine and hopefully will be able to develope it to get it´s graphics up to date too.

To me I get great value from both sims thus I have no problem paying what they ask.

Each to their own then Kjell. I like most, if not all the race sims, but I would not dare to call SCE inferior to RRE. Graphics and sound are not the be all of racing sims. S3's pricing structure is disgusting and profit orientated to me. I have all the content except for the latest WTCC 2014 and Macau tracks, but I am totally disinterested in their latest stunt so in protest I am not buying any more and I'm not going to be using it here at the RD club racing scene. Your stance on this makes me even more dis-inclined to use it.
What has your disinterest in graphics and sound have to do with whether or not they are better in R3E?
It's a fact, not an opinion, R3E looks better and sounds better than GSCE. Whether that's important is fully up to you to decide but to me it's a deciding factor even if it's not the two only things I'm looking for.
Also, what does your distaste for their business model have anything to do with;
1. whether the graphics and sound are better?
2. me and my reasons for liking the game?
Whether or not you choose to support the game is entirely up to you, but please stop telling me that I'm wrong for liking this sim better than others and supporting the developer with my money.
But you know what, you won't find me in the GSCE parts of this forum telling everyone how wrong they are for giving Reiza their money instead of R3E.
I've given Reiza my money, I've bought FTruck as well, I will probably hand them some cash in their crowd funding effort too because even though I don't enjoy the current content in GSCE I believe in supporting people who are making niche games like racing sims, a rising tide raises all ships...

I have to say to all that have contributed to this thread........a big THANKYOU!:thumbsup:
The 50% promotion caught my interest, and after being disappointed with Pcars and AC online issues, together with the dwindling numbers online with RF2 I'm left with only GSC. So I thought about having a go with RR. BUT .......after looking at the misleading 50% promotion, out of principle I can do without the sim!:unsure:
I'll just hold and hope my other sims improve as promised!:whistling:

stop telling me that I'm wrong for liking this sim better than others and supporting the developer with my money.
But you know what, you won't find me in the GSCE parts of this forum telling everyone how wrong they are for giving Reiza their money instead of R3E.
Get off your stupidly high horse. I haven't in any fashion told you what to do or what to like Kjell. Do what you like.:rolleyes: You are old enough to make your own decisions. You seem to want an argument here. Well tough, you wont get one from me.
I have merely told you how I feel regarding their pricing structure and false advertising.

Go and find someone else to vent your frustrations on.

@JeffL that can't be really news to you. You don't remember Bryan Adam's hit song "Almost all I do. I do it for you"? Or "You're the First, the Last, My Almost All" from Barry White.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.1%