5 - The rSeat 90 Minutes of Spa Francorchamps

now i dont post in the pro forums but i watched a bit of the spa live stream and was very interested. it was like watching real life. but where is the main bulk of info on this championship? basically i want to see the championship table (drivers and constructors) for this current season.
cheers!

Qual : I was relatively confident with my pace but much less about getting a clean lap as it's extremely easy to get an off in one place or another and 2 qualy laps don't leave much room for mistakes...
Anyway, 1st lap went alright and was even better than I expected as it was only a few hundredths from my pb.

Race : Starting from pole, the run to la source was pretty easy since I had the huge advantage of deciding when to start :p ... I was worried about the draft though as it's usually very hard to break it due to the very long straights.
However after a few laps I had a 2s gap to Kevin which made me feel more confident for the rest of the race..
There is not much more to say as it was a quite uneventful race for me, apart from 2 backmarkers crashing after eau rouge right ahead of me with 2 laps to go, that was pretty scary but in the end I didn't get involved so it was fine to me. :D

Great performance for the team again with 1-3 this time, hopefully we can get a good result in 2 weeks as well in order to end the championship on a high!

Congrats to Inex!!! Awesome. And congrats to All the drivers!! Hard race, too many fights, but finally Job done!! Sorry from SSRC for that hit to Yoeri, Carlos casas runs on single screen and the spotter didn't advice him, really sorry RPM.

Congratulations to IneX Racing, it has been a very strong season from them! How will it be in Blacj Cup??? :cool: I know it will be a stunning season again!

Gratz all the teams for the good racing yesterday.

There is not much more to say as it was a quite uneventful race for me, apart from 2 backmarkers crashing after eau rouge right ahead of me with 2 laps to go, that was pretty scary but in the end I didn't get involved so it was fine to me. :D

I was involved in that crash...

The driver behind me was much faster than me at Eau Rouge (I didn't have any momentum as I was defending) and was quite surprised I guess... So we had that crash, but I hit the brakes and tried to do my best to avoid the wall, I still hit slightly the wall, but somehow, I could rejoin without damage (I lost a position though), the other driver was not as lucky, he had to retire IIRC.

So from my point of view, yeah that was a pretty scary one, but it could've been worse. That was an enjoyable race for me anyway, with many battles on-track (sorry, I can't remember all the names), and also some crash avoiding manoeuvres at the beginning (that's what you get when you start from P28).

Congrats for the win by the way. Congrats to iNex for winning the Black cup.

I started by screwing up my qualifying, no big deal, I do it all the time. I have to start 12th, having set a time one second slower than what I'm capable of. I told myself that a Top 5 at the end would be a dream result.

Very quiet start, happy to see that everyone (around me at least) got through cleanly. I managed to gain three or four positions in the first corner, and then a couple more after two cars tangled at the final chicane, and I'm lying 7th. Then the action starts, with the two team mates Ludvig Andersson in front and Fredrik Tackman behind, short but intense and I overtake Ludvig after he makes a mistake. At that moment I'm 5 seconds behind the group in front and slowly pulling away from Fredrik. Pretty much nothing happens before Blake and João spin together and give me the opportunity to get in front of them after the pits sequence. Unfortunately João is a bit faster than me and I can't even fight for my position the way I wanted to as my slide through Eau Rouge gifts him 4th position. I can't keep up with his rythm after that, making tiny mistake after tiny mistake. Well done to you, nice battle again ;)

5th in the end, very happy about this result, especially after such a crap qualifying.

Congratulations to Laurent for his total domination and same to IneX Racing, you've done a fantastic job all season long.

Congratulations to IneX on what can only be described as a Sim-racing master class to us all.
Fantastic series win and worthy champions of the STC Blue Cup 2013

Well done to all finishers at Spa, was a great race to watch as ever, see you in Miami.:)

Qualifying went OK, not a great lap but still good enough for 2nd.

Start went OK, aimed to hold second but Kevin was almost alongside and has to reason to try a grosjean, so tried to hold it on the outside but he was able to get by. The whole first stint was spent in dirty air, and was really struggling to stay close in eou rouge and blancimont, making passing almost impossible and definitely not work the risk. As Joao and blake closed to gap at start to attack I tried to fight for a few laps then decided the risk was not worth it given our championship possible so was happy to let them pass with to much of a fight then follow and see what developed. While I was in the pits Blake and Joao crashed allowing me to reclaim third, after that it was just a matter of maintaining the gap, which was a lot easier in clean air.

Congratulation to podium and Laurent!
17ner time in qualify and a great race speed.
For me it is nice to see such a great performance.

Congratulations to IneX for winning the championship!

Sorry for the delay with the results, I was hoping for iRacing to release the teams feature soon so I was going ahead with the standard results graphics from the game, but I think this will still not come in next build, so I made some tweaks to the iracing results so you can see to which teams belong all the drivers, using part of the website headers as reference, hpe you like it.

STC_BLC13_R5_Spa.png

My race report:

Qualifying: Drove a 2:18.3 which was okay for me. I could have scored a faster lap if I had taken more risk but did not want to ruin my race before it even started with screwing up both qualy laps so I was rather satisfied with my time that put me into P3.

Race: Got quite a good start directly behind Laurent and managed to get alongside with Jason before the La Source. As I was on the inside I managed to win P2 in this overtaking.

For the following two laps the slipstream allowed me to keep up with the insanely well prepared Laurent. I then made a small mistake and there was the 2s gap that Laurent wrote about. From that point I was no longer able to follow him and so I didn't even try.

Instead, I focussed on keeping the gap to the cars behind when at that time I had to fight my tires which became increasingly hot. Blake, Joao and Jason were fighting each other behind me that didn't pay off for them. In the middle of the first stint my tires came back into a better temperature range and I could continue to go quicker and build a 5 second gap towards my competitors as I headed to the pit stop.

My pit stop worked out perfecty. As I was back on track, I had an advantage of about 9s to the guys behind me. In communication with my team, I decided to take it easy in the second stint and not risk a big temperature buildup again. I then focussed on not making a mistake and bringing it home safely which is what I did.

HAPPY with the result!

Congratulations for Laurent for this outstanding win and ineX for an outstanding performance all thorugh the season!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 379 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%