1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

X360 5/2015 F1 2013 Classics 1990s: 03/15/2015 50% @ Brands Hatch 10pm GMT; 6pm U.S. EDT

Discussion in 'F1 2014 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Rob, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Brands Hatch 1990's Grand Prix - F1 2013 Classics

Come get some traction into your first F1 weekend by harkening back to the "olden" days and gear up for some fun but light hearted racing at Brands.

Lobby open at 21.45, Race Start 22.00 GMT; 6pm US EDT

Distance - 50%
    Assists - none
    Weather Forecast - Clear
    Cars - Unequal and assigned based on some arbitrary talent score
    Format - Race. No Qualifying.
    Rules - Reduced

Please sign up as follows Name / Gamertag / Constructor

Host - Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 (please add host to get invite to lobby)

@Colin Knowles @Gavin Hendley @Chris Benham @Chris Hempsall @Matthew Booth @Alexander Hellwig @Craig Renard @Graham Jarvis @Karl Fuss @Mitch Gosling @Nick Dawes @Carlos Jimenez @Jan-Willem Sieveking @eric Cline

1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06
    2. Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh
    3. Eric Cline / Mcnasty0421
    4. Vence Alfred/roist510
    5. karl fuss / niblips2 / FW18

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Would love to, be I don't have it anymore.

• Love Love x 1
  3. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Sounds cool but trying to fix my ms wheel ..shifter paddl broken and cant get car to move with my mc2 wheel.just burnouts.smh.if I get either fixed id like to do this never played much of the classic..also still need to download 90s dlc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob

Rob

No need for DLC since we are running Brands....

• Like Like x 2
  5. could reassign buttons to act as shift up and down

6. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley
    Meta-SIM-morphosing

No can do I'm afraid, I enjoy my second Sunday off. thanks for the tag anyway.

• Love Love x 1
  7. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

which shift paddle?

also, reassigning the paddles to buttons would work as well, as Chris Benham suggested ... there is no KERS use and we banned the DRS in previous races with the classics, so resigning the KERS and drs buttons would work... it would take some getting use to though.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  8. Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh

I'll forgive you for not tagging me @Robert Waddell clearly running scared of my utter awesomeness in these cars :cool::p:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

I should be available for this. I'm sure we drove this circuit in the 90s cars in our previous classic series... I'll just have to figure out which car it was i ran. I can't remember if there was much pace difference in the 90s cars or not.... I may have some data related to that i will look for as well.

10. Me too but seeing as I hardly get a race in 2014 these days i'm well up for these instead :)

• Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  11. We raced this in the season finale Karl. You were in the FW18. The cars are more equal in the 90's than the 80's.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Robert and I had a quick 25%er this morning before I headed off for work and it was really enjoyable racing them again but did take a bit of getting used to. I forgot how much fun these cars are to drive and it was really noticeable how much more sensitive the steering was. I’ll have to adjust the settings as I found myself putting too much steering into the car into corners at times. It would be good to get a bunch of us in but we’ll fill it up with AI and go with whoever is around.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob

Rob

That's true Champ. I had forgotten about the DRS and KERS stuff since I don't really do F1 anymore (still praying 2015 is gold), but now that you mention it I think I remember something about DRS actually working and us having to raise our right hand and pledge not to use it. But there is something sort of freeing and nice about just racing the car....

Sorry for trying this on Mother's Day over there. But, yea, Peter, we can just line up and blow off some steam against the A.I. with you beating me and Karl beating you. (I promise no discos...that's 100% guaranted. lol). And Karl, if it's just us three or a couple more, we can always look at the 80s cars if you prefer. Flexible here. Just thought this would be fun. The run with Peter reminded me how enjoyable these beasts are to drive and how accurate they felt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rob

Rob

You were damn fast...and you didn't disappear either.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

The good thing about running the classic cars on the classic tracks is that there is no DRS zone... so with no place to activate it it won't work. :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  16. huh?:confused::O_o: confused...

17. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

don't you remember? The geniuses that are at CM didn't disable the DRS effect for the classics. Anywhere there was a DRS activation zone you could use the nonexistent DRS. The rear wing would not move, but there was a noticeable speed increase.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Yeah i broke the right shift paddle..going to try to reasign buttons for now..hopefully can find sum aftermarket paddles or get brave and relocate button itself to back of wheel.....so if I can join u guys fir the classic racing I dont need the update..I havr the one with 80s only..but I think it added sum tracks last time I popped in 2013.this is on the off sundays correct..willing to get dlc if need be...lol I didnt know there were different versions of the classic 2013 .

19. Rob

Rob

Good point.

20. Rob

Rob

Wait...guys help me out...didn't the bare game come with the cars and then the DLC gave you the two tracks? Or did you get just the 80s cars with the bare game? Or something else? I can't remember.