1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

48hr Track Vote for Race 4

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by David Turnbull, Oct 8, 2014.

What will be the track used for Race 4

Poll closed Oct 10, 2014.
  1. Zandvoort

72.2%
  2. Nurburgring GP

27.8%
  1. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Due to the last vote being a draw between the 2 choices, heres your chance to finalise the choice so we can all get practising.

1 vote each, winner on friday.

(lets hope its not another draw)

:)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

My ticket from 84' :)

IMG_3354b.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 6
  3. wow. zandvoort.
    i really have to get my damn internet working....
    (although i know its a problem i cant fix on my own. damn internet companies ...)

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

vote closes tonight guys, hurry if you want to get a vote in :thumbsup:

although, will it make much diffrence? :D looks like we may have a new destination to travel to, so pack the suitcases guys, we may be off to the netherlands very soon :)

p.s i'll probably arrive a bit late, i heard amsterdam is on the way :whistling::p

• Haha Haha x 3
  5. Peter Decker

Peter Decker
    PrestoGP Veteran

yeah David, I know a perfect hostel near the van Gogh museum, we can team up there and "do" Amsterdam

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Sounds good Peter :thumbsup:

I'll get the munchie's in :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

well, we have our winner guys, cya all at zandvoort :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Peter Decker

Peter Decker
    PrestoGP Veteran

bumps + rain = Peter finally win! :whistling:

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

your getting closer, but a day at the dam before might see us in not too great a shape come race day so i'd take just finishing as a win right now :laugh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Do we have a download link to Zandvoort? I couldn't find it on nogrip for some reason.

• Beer Beer x 1
  11. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

its an ingame track?

well i was sure it was, havent tried yet.

EDIT: yes nico its ingame, ive put a server up atm until your around to do it, zandvoort07 :thumbsup:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Nothing is better than an in-game track :) Servers are open.

• Like Like x 3
  13. So sad its Zandvoort. It is way to bumpy for me and may be the only race I could miss by choice. I have done 25 outlaps up to now but crashed in sector 2 every lap after. I will continue to practice, but it is already more hard work than enjoyment.

• Like Like x 2
  14. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

try my setup bob, i done the same every lap, it was ride height made the diffrence, no more spins :)

15. Thanks David, I tried your set up and it was no help at all, until I stopped treating it like a tin top and stopped lifting over the bumps. Full on works best and now I only crash 50% of the time. My heart sank when I came home today to see what track it was, but I feel with another week of practice I could finish the race.

• Like Like x 4
  16. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Thats good to hear Bob :thumbsup:

I must admit Zandvoort is a lot different than what Presto would usually use, for me its saving grace is that its a former F1 track, the layout is decent and its made by simbin, on the negatives its track width and bumps aren't great but I said before that if anyone can make it work at Zandvoort its us and I stand by that.

This is my fault anyhoo, I gave everyone the choice of tracks to add to the vote when most likely the better solution would've been to use one that we've used plenty times in the past i.e Imola or Nurburgring, but we are here now and after 12 seasons we go to a new venue, can't be that bad, can it? :whistling:

:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. I thought this was my fault for nominating Zandvoort in the first place :whistling:

• Like Like x 3
  18. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Agreed, we should all blame Nelson.

Why would you do this Nelson? :O_o:

:whistling::)

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  19. well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.... good challenge and new track :D

• Like Like x 3
  20. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

its a challenge im enjoying at the moment, great fun to be trying a new track and getting to grips with the setup for it, we'll find out on wednesday how it is with a few folk on track but ive no fears, should be a good one.

• Like Like x 1