48 Car Grid - Nordshleife!

• Thread starter Edward Leake
  • Start date
E

Edward Leake

• Edward Leake

Sorry guys didn't realise the author was a rip-off merchant! :(

The reason I like the big grid idea for the Ring is they use 60 car starts for the 24 hr race, some 400+ cars lap at the same time! :D

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
Could someone please explain what's wrong with this mod, cause the idea of a large amount of cars on the Nurbs seems really good to me.

Could someone please explain what's wrong with this mod, cause the idea of a large amount of cars on the Nurbs seems really good to me.

They removed the content of the original post because this was and is a very sensitive issue for SimBin.

A huge part of SimBin's marketing plan was the Nordshleife track.
Mojo converted the track for GTR2 and released it in the wild before the game was released on the global market. They were not happy about that for obvious reasons. If you ask me, SimBin has been very understanding to our desires. They never complained with content being transfered from one game to another.
But the conversion of Nordshleife was the one thing that crossed the line.

Anything that deals with this subject (Converting from EVO to GTR2) is a very hot topic for SimBin and all online communities.

Under other circumstances I do not think altering the number of cars in the grid would been an issue. However considering what has happened with that track, it is better to play it safe and not provoke.

The serious online communities do not want to be viewed as warez sites thus losing all credability.
They also do not want to put SimBin in a position where they will bring down the hammer on all of us.
I am sure SimBin does not want that either because from the looks of it, they do want the community to create modifications for their games, with out of course crossing some lines.

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
Ahhh, ok. There's always someone to spoil the fun isn't there. It's a shame, 'cos big races there would be fun

There has been an updated release with that conversion that does a CD check but I think SimBin agreed to it because it pretty much was held hostage.
Either they would agreed to a CD-Check or the track would be on the wild for everybody to download it.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • €3001-5000