48 Car Grid - Nordshleife!

That's a sensible idea - lets take a track that doesn't work for most people when its got more than 15 cars on and then allow you to have more cars to crash it easier...

If the track didn't have the runtime error problems then that would be pretty awesome :D

Erhm! Look who released it, Our friend Mojo who is already in strife for ripping this EVO track into rFactor before EVO was even released worldwide.
I suggest we ban this Track mod at Racedepartment.

This is a modification for the original game, as long as it is not a ripped conversion it is not that bad. We should look at independently about the content of the mod and the person who made it....

Imo it shouldn't be released, there's a reason why SimBin made it a small grid only.
So ban it on Racedepartment and Nogrip and elsewhere, because when the author is know for ripping SimBin's material, he shouldn't even be allowed to upload content on Nogrip...

It's a mod Attila, but i don't think he has the rights from SimBin to do this, it's still a re-publish of their content, and that can cause SimBin to "close down" their game making.

• Scott Michaels

It's a nice idea, as Simbin inexplicably limited cars in R07/GTRE to only 25 when clearly a previous version of the same netcode/game engine (GTR2) can handle 32 cars online and as many as you want offline, while rFactor can handle 40+ cars online (admittedly with a better netcode but still).

But this guy needs to either change his attitude or be driven out of the comunity, so I'm all for completely ignoring his existance and releases until he stops stealing stuff.

Personally I'm not going to touch this one.

I got GTR last night, had a bash on it - very good.

Realistically, how many cars are you going to be able to dice against at any one time anyway? 1, 2 possibly, 3 at most.

What does it matter if there are another 22 or another 45 cars out there that you aren't paying attention to?

The timing also seems a bit rich considering the note SimBin released and that kind of makes me want to do the barge-pole thing with this.

Just my €0.02 (as it's going to be worth more than £0.02 soon :( )

I am inclined to agree with the general concensus of the board here, HOWEVER, Simbin do seem VERY quiet on most issues and on this occassion, will not say WHY they limited the number of players online. Maybe they have future plans, who knows.

Maybe it is owing to game performance with soo many players, only time will tell.

I would not call this a "Mod" - More of a "Tweak" and as long as the "Tweaker" does not claim credit for the content, I dont see the problem ALTHOUGH someone may wish to enlighten me as I maybe wrong with my opinions.

IF it does what it says on the tin with no problems, I dont see the problem.

ALTHOUGH

It was inexcusable to rip off someone elses hard work.

I think the 25 players was because of WTCC starting field not containing 36 racers in real life.
But SimBin maybe quiet as you say, but be sure that things are picked up pretty quickly seeing all those patches with improvements that communities suggested.

off topic / dont wait for it too much... as Evo is addon and Race 07 as original game did not had this option, this would require to rework the whole game, textures, lightings, etc... / back to topic

I would suggest that in the interest of their gaming public, Simbin have restricted grid sizes to provide you with the smoothest and most pleasurable gaming experience at no additional hardware cost :thumb:

Whacking the grid up to 25 in Evo would probably take the RAM and CPU requirements up considerably (as its nearly 50% more cars!).
Loading the track itself requires another ~300MB-400MB of RAM than any other, so adding a full grid of highly detailed Evo cars to the equation would probably kill the performance on a lot of people's machines, and so discount them from any online races ... this is surely not what anyone wants is it?

FWIW - as Mojo is on the "most wanted" list, and even if it means missing out on a couple of cool patches and mods, think it would be best NOT to support his work 'till he mends his ways ... ? :amen:

(PS What about a banned or authorised mods list somewhere in the Forums?)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back