4.- GRAND PRIX DE SUGO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minidump (Out of race already) 6 technical issue's so far this season for us, none due to our own fault. Left us with no hope of retaining our title now.

Attachments

• dump.jpg
    dump.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 265
Anyway will do little report while I got time.

Quali: 2 slight mistakes in s1 & s3, which you cant afford at this track as slightest mistake loses you loads of time, so no 25 due to it, so 6th.

Race: At the start cars where lagging backwards and forwards all over and I did not know if I passed Ludde before the start/finish line or not when the green flag went, had no clue. Lag went away for a minute or two and then come back with Ludde behind me, his car was lagging in front of me despite being behind so I had to let him go and find some space away from cars, luckily behind Ludde there was clean air so I could just drive allong. The rain hit and pace dropped off the guys in front, DMSv BMW passed me not long after, then I was just keeping a steady pace to Jack waiting for the pit stops, where I could gain some time, was all going smooth and then bang, minidump come up, race over.

Just happy I did not train much for it as there's not much motivation in the team in general when these technical issue's keep coming up with game/track/mod pretty much every race, which has dropped us out of the title race and a hard job of even getting into the top 3 now.

Minidump with about 20 minutes to go. A shame... was all under control at that moment, just controlling the distance to the people behind. Bah... lost some precious points for the team.

Congrats to all finishers, and let's move on!

Let's see if we find a fix for Daytona.

i hope the lag problem will be solved, sorry for Blue flag than i pushed, i gone in grass for give your place sorry, with this bloody lag i must try to be more peacefull.
Sorry for A.Show who has been surprised by my overtaking, but i try to be maximum inside but my rear moved a little (but i'm stayed inside so).
My post report tomorow i'm tired now.

dun worry about the team points Fernando nothing you can do, i realy hope this can get fixed as we even resized all skins for this event so its not
realy the problem of the skins something else must be the foult in the mod

Wel wel wel, what a race. Donno why but I was 5 seconds slower in Q as was in practice. Anyhow, it was fun to race, it was exciting when the rain came down. I was on the board radio the whole time with my team mate to discuss the situation and what to do with it. We decided to stay out and continue the race on dry tires. Some drivers went of.

Than I got lapped and pushed of by number two. Quess it was a braking problem because I gave enough room.

Had some great fight during the race, until I had to make a pitstop. Donno what happen, I came in, pressed enter to confirm but nothing happend. No fuel, no tires. And yes I set my pit presets. So that was it for me, end of the race at possition 20. After that I tried to manage Michael's race by looking on the monitor, he got pushed of 5 times.

I'm going to look into what happen.

Again, happy to race again. Nice to see Andreas Loffler in my mirror and nice to have spoken to David Garcia again.

Good luck next race.

(Some tweets and pictures on Degenracing team Twitter )

Pole lost by 0.03 but P2 is great :)

Race pace was good, not able to catch Fernando but faster than the rest :). Lucky win :)

Rami also great race, another P4 from the back, grats mate!!!!:cool:

Thanks everyone for racing and STC staff for this event!!! :)

yeah, great race again, gutted for Fernando but thumbs up to all who finished on this tight track with two spells of rain that - if nothing else - must have set the old mind clicking and clocking: what will I do? Basically wnet straight from work to commentary booth, so awfully hungry after race, just had a huuuuuge loaf of bread with cheese and milk :)

Black Screen for 3 seconds

Last night, donno what happen, during the race I got a black screen for about 3 seconds. I looked like the screen wanted to minimize to open another program. Then the screen came back. Lost about 4/5 seconds when I crossed finishline.

It was not my computer, in STC season one (ETC) we had some problems aswel and back then it was a iTunes update of Virus scanner issue. So I turned them off during racing.

Micheal, my team mate, told me on the board radio he had the same problem in another race.

this kind of problem is for sure a PC problem. This is a "lost focus" for the GTRevo window. Can be caused by many programs.
Just an example, on old versions of motecadddualview if you have windows 7 64bit you have licensing problems, hence the dualview gets the focus from the game.
Or can be Antivirus updates, itunes,windows updates,whatever updates itself. It is a very good rule to shut down every program/service which is not stricly related to Windows and Steam/GTRevo. Like damn services as "iPodService","iTunesHelper","BonjourService","PunkBustrA" and other ****ty services which you wouldn't have during a race.
The computer has to be mantained like an animal, take care of "him" :D

Sorry for A.Show who has been surprised by my overtaking, but i try to be maximum inside but my rear moved a little (but i'm stayed inside so).

Yes I wasn't very happy to be honest, If I hadn't been there for you to lean on I'm sure you would have spun, but OK I understand how it happened, I was struggling to turn in having lost my front splitter thanks to Andreas Löffler ramming me off the track after he cut the chicane, honestly Andreas, what else did you think was going to happen? You can only pass through other cars in the pit lane you know !

Quali was poor, 7 tenths off my target, nerves I guess.
Got a good start and made a few places only to slip back soon after.
Had a steady and hard race often up against Konrad Stanczak even through to the end crossing the line less than 2 tenths infront, great race m8 was real intense stuff !
Glad to have picked up some points, congrats to winner and all that took part.
See ya next time.

For me was a tiring race due to slippery curbs and sometime rain in trak. Very clean race, both when I overtakes and when I was overtaken.

@Konrad: sorry for when you join us on TS after the race, but due to noise we was not able to hear what you said before you go out. :redface:

Last night, donno what happen, during the race I got a black screen for about 3 seconds. I looked like the screen wanted to minimize to open another program. Then the screen came back. Lost about 4/5 seconds when I crossed finishline.

It was not my computer, in STC season one (ETC) we had some problems aswel and back then it was a iTunes update of Virus scanner issue. So I turned them off during racing.

Micheal, my team mate, told me on the board radio he had the same problem in another race.

It's a know problem that i had suffered too. Since i uninstalled Avira antivirus, the problem never income. Majority people with Geforce 8800 series got this problem, but not only them. There is a lot of solutions on the net, but it's hard to find the good one to fix it.

Was great to finally be back in the commentators booth again after way to many days with no internet. Felt a bit unusuall when I hadn't done it for a while but it was fun :)

Good race guys, feel gutted for Fernando who owned everyone but his pc in this race.

It's a know problem that i had suffered too. Since i uninstalled Avira antivirus, the problem never income. Majority people with Geforce 8800 series got this problem, but not only them. There is a lot of solutions on the net, but it's hard to find the good one to fix it.

I have totally given up trying to find the problem. I run a Geforce 9500 but I think I will upgrade to the ATI HD4750 when I get some money. It seems to be a Geforce thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%