3D models

When I have looked into extracting the 3D models thats how they come out, even the high lod ones arent much better, how did you get the much more defined looking model you posted above?
I've been looking at xx#_highLOD.pssg (I assume lowLOD is similar but for a lower graphics setting in the game). In the PSSG database they've got 3 sets of models; LOD0, LOD1 and LOD2.

LOD2 is the lowest level of detail and has one main model for the whole car, that's shown above in the low detail image.
LOD1 has the model split up into many separate objects and each mesh is more defined.
LOD0 has objects from just the front of the car (I assume because you only see this bit close-up) in even higher detail.

So the detailed image above is a mix of the LOD0 and LOD1 objects, with the stored transformation matrix applied to place them correctly.

Absolutely correct Miek

LOD 0 drivers view

LOD 1 chase view/replays

LOD 2 car in distance view.

Thats how I've always understood it anyway.

where it is :confused: show us please :D
Yeah my friend.
Maybe its possible. Im kind new to modelling, but i found it very nice, so i decided to take some lessons and see if i can make something, so why now for CM's F1.
After some research, i believe there is a way. Since im new to this i sadly may be wrong, but if im not wrong the way is this...
Export the model made in 3ds as a Collada model. Then import it on Phyre Engine (free) and then use the Phyre Engine to export the model, or to convert it. I haven't installed Phyre Engine yet, but saw on a forum that it converts Collada to PSSG. If it works, maybe the solution to have new models on our F1 :D
I hope im not saying anything stupid, but as i said, im new to this. One thing is sure, i hope it works, can't wait to see some 1988-92 models and a complete new season! :roflmao:

EDIT: Lets hope CM's PSSG isn't a modified PSSG. But if it isn't...

PSINext: PSSG is a graphics-centric aspect of the SDK tools then?

Jason Doig: PSSG is, at its core, a graphics engine. The whole PSSG package consists of a core set of libraries, some extension libraries to add optional functionality, and assorted samples showing people how to use it. It also contains a lot of documentation and supporting tools for processing art assets as part of a production pipeline. It's not a complete game-engine (unlike Unreal, for example) but it is intended to be a pretty complete package for handling the rendering part of a game. We're not finished yet, but we already have all the things you would expect, like handling of complex scenes, visibility checks, and sophisticated animation playback & blending. We're continually adding new features and responding to requests from developers, so it's also growing. For example, we're adding integration with physics engines right now - but for the most part, we're still focused on graphics.

PSINext: Gavin Cheshire of Codemasters conveyed a sense that - perhaps more than usual - SCEI was involved in helping to flesh out their engine. Is it normal for SCEI to lend advice and help to developers utilizing Sony SDKs in creating something that they can consider to be their own?

Jason Doig: Certainly I think the biggest help we gave them was PSSG itself - which of course is something that is openly available to all PS3 developers as a downloadable package. However, it's true that we have been working quite closely with Codemasters to help them integrate PSSG with their own technology. That has included training sessions on PSSG itself, responding to specific feature requests, and discussing how to extend PSSG to fit their needs. Although Codemasters has been making good use of our time, this kind of help is open to any developer, and it's simply the case that Codemasters saw the potential of PSSG relatively early and thus were able to capitalize on that. I think many developers simply were not expecting us to have something like PSSG available, nor that we would allow cross-platform usage.

Yeah my friend.
Maybe its possible. Im kind new to modelling, but i found it very nice, so i decided to take some lessons and see if i can make something, so why now for CM's F1.
After some research, i believe there is a way. Since im new to this i sadly may be wrong, but if im not wrong the way is this...
Export the model made in 3ds using as a Collada model. Then import it on Phyre Engine (free) and then use the Phyre Engine to export the model, or to convert it. I haven't installed Phyre Engine yet, but saw on a forum that it converts Collada to PSSG. If it works, maybe the solution to have new models on our F1 :D
I hope im not saying anything stupid, but as i said, im new to this. One thing is sure, i hope it works, can't wait to see some 1988-92 models and a complete new season! :roflmao:

:confused::confused: just tell me when can you get me the solution!!!! just ASAP....I'm waiting here miserably with my modelling skills!!!!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%