• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

3 monitors FOV for all cars with HUD

Discussion in 'F1 2011 Mods' started by Ace_driver, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Ace_driver

Ace_driver

Ratings:
    +0
  2. daytona64

daytona64

Ratings:
    +9
    Wow, I have 2 monitors and your screenshot makes me want to buy a 3rd and give this a go.

Can you tell me exactly how you set this up. How do you get 3 monitors connected up.

Finally, what are the impacts on frame rates etc.

Oh, also, is there any way this can be set up from the TVCam rather than cockpit view?

I hope to hear your assessments soon!!

Thanks

3. Ace_driver

Ace_driver

Ratings:
    +0
    My setup consist of ati hd6970, that card has 2 hdmi and one display port. You can either buy a display port adapter to hdmi for the third monitor or buy a monitor with a display port. I'm getting 40 for the framerate on ultra profile of the game, resolution of 6060 x 1080.

For the tvcam view, here the link and info, how to do this: http://segmentnext.com/2010/09/26/how-to-tweak-fov-cockpit-view-in-f1-2010/
    Instead of the head-cam, look for tvcam, it's a lot of try and error, took me around 3.5 hours.

Good luck

4. Fleming Rondorf

Fleming Rondorf

Ratings:
    +2
    This looks cool :) I was wondering if there's any problems online with altered files ? And if I may, could you be pursuaded to make it even closer...? I'm running almost same setup as you, but I would really like to get rid of the steeringwheel, and only have the edge of the cockpit, mirrors and front-tyres ( like this : http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/modding-programs-modding-questions.36266/page-16 , but in eyefinity ) I have tried asking in that thread, but didn't get an answer :p
    I tried editing myself, but I should stick to the driving, 'cause I had to reinstall the game afterwards...
    Anyway, if the ones you've made don't mess with online-permits, it's already a vast improvement on the original one, thank you very much :)

5. Fleming Rondorf

Fleming Rondorf

Ratings:
    +2
    Tried this one, but got no car out of the pit, and when the race started, I was not in my car, but looking in the opposite direction, from a side-camera (not in car)...?

6. Chris

Chris
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,820
    Can this be used for a single monitor?