3.- GRAND PRIX DE HOCKENHEIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice race,
Had a good battle with Miko (Man i threw away a podium slot :()
It just proves if you pit a lap earlier you gain a lot of time, that's why peter was 7 secs infront of me after the pitstops.

I would like to apoligze to BVM for buggering up my quali lap and for throwing away a podium.
Thanks to Hermy for the setup :good:

Happy with 4th i suppose :)

a couple of things happened to night which don't normally happen.

1. Server was very laggy at the start and in places in the race.
2. what the hell happend at the end of the warmup lap? looked like totally carnage, then a Mosler went storming down the inside of everyone before we had crossed the start line. I thought you could only pass people after the start line?

After the worst of the frustration has worn off, here's my race report:

joined just before quali and my first lap tonight was the quali lap. Worked fine, 1:45 sth. put me on 22nd.

start and first laps were ok, gained a little to 18 and then had huge lag in lap4 which put me in the wall near Mercedes grandstand. Luckily the splitter staid on but the front left felt kinda wobbly after that. Got back on the rhythm and did some fine racing with the AnE guys and the Flatout Clubs. First stop (fresh tires no fuel) worked fine. Had another great spell till lap 35 when I hit another big lag and this caused my tires to feel like I was racing on the rim of the wheel. Pitted at once and found out that - disaster - I could not toggle the menu ??? Haven't touched wheel settings in ages, have no idea how this could happen. Had to stop there and then cause my first pit was set to fresh tires no fuel. Too bad, I would have made it to 18 or so ... :(

Great gameplay all around, superb organization, sorry about the discos at the start, bad luck for you guys, too.

cu at Sugo next week

Qualy: Did a good lap and get P3 close infront of Teammate Greg.

Race: I tested both compounds in training and only the soft give me an acceptable drivingfeeling on this track. With the hard one the car go sliding everywhere so i decided for a 2 stopper.

I know also i have with this to push the whole race and can´t look to the other drivers. First it go well, could go in the lead but Roland drove his own speed again and wasn´t to hold after my tyres go down.
Then stop and, how i know now, i lose there my podium, it was hard to get again the right race pace while overtaking and lapping other cars, so i had only 7 sec infront of Roland and 25 sec to Peter after their stopped. If it had work i had need a bit over 30 sec.

After second pit down to P9 and now i try all to go forward. In 6. behind Torbjörn i was thinking P5 seems maximum. After i overtake i had about 6 sec behind Ben with only 4 min to go. Tried all but at the end 0.5 sec down last corner. It was one lap too less for me or one mistake too much.

But i´m also lucky with the result because after two warnings till the half of the race i had to be very carefully first corner to get no S & G. So a crying and smiling eye for me but ofcourse i´m more happy with P5 then afraid that i lost P3.

Only the lagging was sometimes a bit troublesome but luck for me no accident from this.

Summary nice racing all and it was nice to be some laps around Roland :redface:. Was fun. :thumb:

Quali: Made a mistake on my lap so my time was no good.

Race: In turn 2 after the start I had to dodge some cars because someone missed their braking point and hit the car in front of me causing me to drop behind Ries. From there on it looked ok. Then the lag hit when I was in s3. Result: puncture and into the wall. Limped a complete lap to the pits and then just drove home to score any points I could get.

Nice battle in the end Neil, I was faster in the wrong places with worn tires so it was hard to get past. And very sorry for the touch in the last corner, my fault, I timed it wrong by just a fraction.

Disappointing result, could have been so much better if not for the lag and the puncture.

2. what the hell happend at the end of the warmup lap? looked like totally carnage, then a Mosler went storming down the inside of everyone before we had crossed the start line. I thought you could only pass people after the start line?

I am preparing a special briefing and some new rules we will have to follow.

Sorry to anyone who's name I completely butchered last night. Yabbering away for 90 minutes without knowing what was going on on track was kind of... interesting (hard) so I am sorry for any offence :D.

Sorry if we missed anything as well, but it was like watching Donnie Darko. I think it was a great battle (again) and my hat goes off to all the drivers and the rowdy bunch in the chat.

Short race report here.

Quali: Good result in quali with P2 but my lap wasn't that good. I was expecting 1.40.2 or lower but not this time.

Race: Had a decent start but Andreas Löffler was able to pass me in T2 and as he was on a 2 stopper I wasn't really bothered with that. Anyway after that I was driving on P3 for a while but after some laps I just braked a bit late into the hairpin and Gregory Degreef passed me. I passed him back after about 12 laps or so. Then few laps later he drove into me in T6 and I had a half spin costing me 2 positions and probably P2 in the results. After this we drove in a queue until the pits.

After the pits I was on P5 but i was able to catch Ben Tusting quite quickly which in turn meant driving behind him for 15 laps or so. After I finally got passed him my tires were finished and there was no chance to catch P2 Peter Duivelaar. So I finished P3 followed very closely by Ben and Andreas.

Well another no finish for me gggrrr. Totally forgot about STCC type quali, went out and pressed Esc as i know i had wrong tyres on and that was that Doh!. So started last again and was having a good race, pitted on lap 18 when i was running 17th and felt comfortable. Came out of pits and car felt really different to drive. Stuck to it tho but ran wide a few times and lost some places. Shunted off twice by faster drivers coming up behind me, personally i think there were a few very impatient drivers tho, not much room on the last few corners to let anyone pass so i though ok ill let them pass on the straight but no, shunted off twice. Started to make up ground on the the 2 cars in front of me but then pc locked up. Had to force a reset gggrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 101 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.5%