1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

3 DAYTONA GRAND PRIX

Discussion in 'Simracing Team Challenge' started by David Garcia, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wait for the image to load...
    [​IMG]

TIME April, Thursday 14 - 20:00 CET
    CIRCUIT Daytona Superspeedway Infield STC Version
    WEATHER Changeable. Check website for the forecast

EVENT SCHEDULE

30 minutes Practice
    10 minutes Qualification
    20 minutes Warm Up
    90 minutes Race

THREAD OPEN!

2. Any prediction so far???

3. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Cars will race, some car will win, some other cars won't win.

4. posterwise, it's the Black rebels' turn this time, hope it's a good omen for your team, Davido :)

5. Go Danny Asbury for Torrent Motorsports!

6. can't believe! rain in daytona in florida? oh, crap....
    i think that in the chicane we will have soo many crashes...

7. Nah, just forces drivers to be more careful.

8. are you sure about that?

9. Well, the sensible ones will be. Can't say EVERY driver is more cautious in wet conditions.

10. will be lapped sooner then because the difference between alines and mortals is markedly bigger in rain (maybe they come from an aquatic habitat in the first place :) )

11. Great poster, reminds me of the JPS livery

and bring on the rain!

12. i remember we had a interlagos practice and it was wet at first and i did ok i thaught so i dont mind to much about the rain just so long as i dont spin and keep her straight should have alot of fun

Good Luck to all

see you soon

[​IMG]

13. loool

14. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Guys just remember is not the Oval track :D

15. oh, really?crap! i need to change my strategy... :D

16. Good luck to everyone tonight! I will be behind the mic (and safety car) so I am sorry if I mix some names and teams. I have been way off on this so far this season, haha :D

17. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Good luck tonight guys! Gutted I'm going to miss the race tonight but stupid hospital insists I come in a day early for my operation - so have to go in tonight rather than in the morning :(

18. Good luck all. Enjoy the race. I love this track. I drove here last year with AnE-Degen Simracing Team

19. Firstly great battle in the lead, was great to watch even just from the hud timings! Well done top finishers
    We had a great pace most of the race, mike was flying away and even Ben from our club was closing in fast. The rain came in from time to time but that didnt affect much, just gave a bit of excitement. Our 2 stop strategy might have been a bit less effective or unusual, but we all could achive great pace thanks to the pace of supersofts and master setups crafted by our masterminds, but Mike had a serious shunt to him and i did some mistakes aswell.
    I personally lost a total of around 35seconds to small mistakes like not finding my pit confirm button, unschedualed pit
    stops made me overuse tyres on 2 of 3 stints and had lots to spare on middle one but had no fuel to continue. I also had
    unneccesary pace drops when thinking about our tactic too much and i always got that back chicane wrong. Could have been
    more rain, perhaps that could have gotten me up lol. But my end position is totally suitable for the amount of practice i did so i got what i deserved. Still a long and exciting way to go :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.