rF2 2h WEC GT Racing @ Nürburgring 24h - Saturday 28th February 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
It seems with the recent update of the Apex Mod the cars laptimes dropped a lot around the Nordschleife. It isnt that obvious on smaller tracks, but the big improvements in terms of top speed results in much faster laptimes.

As we cant change the Apex Modding cars we most probably have to assign a penalty weight for the Apex Modding cars manually on race day, so better do your practice with a full tank. It is not a nice thing to add extra weight, but there is no other way to provide fair competition between all the GT cars. On smaller tracks we most probably wont have to do that.

Please sign me up!
Most likely with the BMW Z4.

Might give a shot to the GT-R but last time it was very heavy compared to stock version. Didn't feel at home.

Do you know what kind of weight penalty you're going to put on the Apex Modding cars, @Frederic Schornstein ? I'd like to do some practice in them and see how they are, but I'd like to get my practice as close to race day as possible.

If you don't know yet, I'll just stick to the BOP cars. :)

Do you know what kind of weight penalty you're going to put on the Apex Modding cars, @Frederic Schornstein ? I'd like to do some practice in them and see how they are, but I'd like to get my practice as close to race day as possible.

If you don't know yet, I'll just stick to the BOP cars. :)
I tried 80kg with @Gijs van Elderen yesterday and going flat out I could hardly stay on his tail :( I will have a look at the gearbox locking as well, which would be a better way to keep the cars equal. Cornering is fairly similar, but the top speed makes them a lot faster. At the moment I think you need at least 100 kg or more to slow the Apex cars down sufficiently. I will try the locked gearboxes tonight, if they are all locked around 280kph something like 30kg should be enough to remove the advantage the cars have (bigger fuel tank and shorter stops). The drag is just so low on these cars:(

Yes, I thought about that as well, but then you could achieve something like 320 with the Corvette on ultra low downforce. My idea would be to lock the Corvette onto a FW of 2 and then reduce drag on all BOP cars, but I dont want to rush that before the next event as the Apex top speeds are clearly not realistic at the moment and I would prefer top speeds around 280 than 300, because that could get pretty dangerous on the straight, but I have a look if the update function is fixed. Maybe I can push a small update with lower drag to allow good racing for now.

Maybe it's worth reducing the drag on the BOP cars? It's pretty high on the GTR for instance, and you can reduce the engine output so it doesn't go crazy with top speed compared to the Chevrolets.
Locking the gearboxes is not an option as the gearbox is to long on the SLS (just checked it). We are just verifying, if the update feature work again. Then I would provide a drag update for the BOP cars without having to upload 240MB. Not the best solution, but otherwise the racing would be awful. The Apex cars still would require a bit of extra weight (nothing major 30 or 40kg) as they have bigger fuel tank.

I hope to get the update ready until Saturday, so there is enough time, but it wont change a lot just more straight line speed.

Locking the gearboxes is not an option as the gearbox is to long on the SLS (just checked it). We are just verifying, if the update feature work again. Then I would provide a drag update for the BOP cars without having to upload 240MB. Not the best solution, but otherwise the racing would be awful. The Apex cars still would require a bit of extra weight (nothing major 30 or 40kg) as they have bigger fuel tank.

I hope to get the update ready until Saturday, so there is enough time, but it wont change a lot just more straight line speed.
I must say I applaud the work you guys put in to get these events running :notworthy:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.8%