rF2 2h WEC @ Bahrain International Circuit - Sat 12th July 2014

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Yes, you need the URD Mod to take part even if you are racing the LMP1.
It is definetely worth the 10€ ;)

I have a question regarding the start procedure:
Will it be like a Safety Car start, so the lead LMP1 goes to full throttle before the last corner or more like an actual rolling start, so the lead LMP1 starts accelerating when we are close to the grid boxes on the main straight?!

@David Izquierdo as Freddy rightly said, you will require the URD EGT mod in order to participate. And I'm sure everyone here would recommend it - well made, good models, fun to drive (if you get the setup right) - the only qualm being the quality of the car sounds. It's certainly well worth the money - I'm not pressurising you to buy it, but you'll regret it if you don't! ;):p:roflmao:

Regarding the start procedure, it will be more like a safety car start - the pace car will break away before the final corner (move over to the right hand side of the road, and head into the pits), leaving the leader of the pack to dictate the pace, and put down the throttle whenever they please. As always, overtaking is not permitted until your car has passed the start / finish line.

I've tried tonight too and failed. Later I saw in the modmanager I was missing the Lola car and a pace car (can't remember exactly). But there was no pop up whilst I tried to join that I miss something. Maybe a bug? Dunno.

There is a bug in build 770 with downloading vmods from the server, which is apparently due to the name of the vmod file contains spaces. Apologies for this. In the future we shall work around the problem - we were not expecting this to be an issue when the vmod was first created. For the time being you will be required to download the vmod from the first post in the thread, and install it via the ModManager, where you will also be informed of any missing components that must be installed first.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

As we test for future events, and commence preparations for the upcoming sports car league, the decision has been made to bring forward the start time of this event by 1 hour. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, and hope that all of you are still able to join us for what should be a fantastic, action-packed race.

Therefore, the new start times for each session are as follows:
Practice: 14:30 GMT
Qualifying: 15:15 GMT - open session (single driver - quickest lap used) [no Parc Fermé]
Warm up: 15:45 GMT - 15 minutes
Race: 16:00 GMT - starting procedure + 120 minutes [formation + rolling start]

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

As we test for future events, and commence preparations for the upcoming sports car league, the decision has been made to bring forward the start time of this event by 1 hour. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, and hope that all of you are still able to join us for what should be a fantastic, action-packed race.

Qualifying: 15:15 GMT - open session (single driver - quickest lap used) [no Parc Fermé]
Will we have a short test race like we had for LeMans and Silverstone?

Great to see so many signups.
I did a session offline today and maybe I'm rusty but really finding it hard in the Lola to get clean laps in! Lots and lots of low speed throttle oversteer. Was driving with no TCS, so looks like I need it.
Dumb question: I have downloaded the Free Corvette from URD. But is the whole payware MOD needed as mentioned above or will the FOC one suffice? I suppose that to see them in-game etc I need to buy them!
Guess I answered my own question there.

Dumb question: I have downloaded the Free Corvette from URD. But is the whole payware MOD needed as mentioned above or will the FOC one suffice? I suppose that to see them in-game etc I need to buy them!
Guess I answered my own question there.

You did indeed answer your own question! :laugh: You shall need to acquire the full version of the URD EGT mod.

It's worth the wait mate :thumbsup: @David O'Reilly
Phil Ive driven the Corvette that's all so far.
A lot of ppl seem to like it. I just hope the 911 feels like the engine and gearbox are swinging around behind me. The BES1.0 Mod is beautiful in this regard in the 911.:)
The tyre is my other real concern. I don't mind "sports car races" with tyres that don't wear out but for an endurance race they need to need management to get my interest. Otherwise a 6 hour race is just 12 X 30 min sprint races. :geek:
I may even switch to a GTE for the race to get a reel feel for it besides at this stage I reckon i'll be a quivering wreck after 2 hours in the Lola:redface:

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

**** that makes it hard for me to join the race :(
Could get close but I'm used to starting from the back anyways, but I'm coming for you Aleksi you can't keep winning!

You need to some laps the have a feeling for the throttle in the Lola :thumbsup:. But once you are used to it its nice to drive.
After driving the "adjusted" Version the original wasnt as bad.

@David O'Reilly rubber has a big influence.
I found a diffuser setting, which will be corrected in the next version. The diffuser of the car pretty much stalls completely, if you are on curbs or getting a bit sideways.
Just keep that in the back of your head it helped me a lot around Bahrain.

P.S. Crubs are still your biggest enemy in this car at the moment, but it should be fixed for the next event :)

P.P.S. I am using the softest rear ARB setting. It makes the car a bit understeery on entry, but helps a lot on exit and in the highspeed stuff.

Hey guys, I'm having a problem when attempting to get on the server.. Everythinh works as it should, until it starts to load the track.. the loading bar doesnt move.. then when I push escape, it exits the game, and see a gmotor 2 error saying "error loading skybox mesh" or something like that.

Any help would be appreciated :)

I have downloaded & installed the vmod correctly too, and also have updated to build 770.

Thanks!

After driving the "adjusted" Version the original wasnt as bad.

@David O'Reilly rubber has a big influence.

P.P.S. I am using the softest rear ARB setting. It makes the car a bit understeery on entry, but helps a lot on exit and in the highspeed stuff.
Thanks for the advice.
I found my way to the same ARB setting.
Its getting better, I just did a race vs AI to test a few things like tyre wear and fuel and pit stop times. Didnt spin untill lap 23.:thumbsup:
Found another thing to help with the slow corner exit. Reduced throttle sensitivity to 75%. So the map is a little kinder on low throttle inputs and ramps up quickly on full throttle. It worked well.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 388 39.9%