24H Daytona 2017 youtube live streams?

The big race starting this weekend, are there any streams on youtube available?
In the past years, live streams only on the imsa.com page, but it´s a pain to view pages on my lazy Samsung TV. A youtube stream would be better as the app runs streams perfect.

Thanx in advance

The big race starting this weekend, are there any streams on youtube available?
In the past years, live streams only on the imsa.com page, but it´s a pain to view pages on my lazy Samsung TV. A youtube stream would be better as the app runs streams perfect.

Thanx in advance
I couldn't find any information on the IMSA YouTube channel. There is no indication that they are planning to stream the 24 Hours.
Maybe you will just have to check when the race starts on Saturday.

Hey guys,

IMSA broadcasts all of their races through IMSA.tv using the following link. Just tune in around 2:30 EST on Saturday and the stream will be live! Enjoy the race, it's going to be absolutely epic! :):inlove:

Unfortunately this is your best option since FOX will most likely not broadcast the full 24 hours as usual, and I'm unaware of any other channels outside of North America that will be broadcasting the entire 24 hours. I'm sure there are some, but I don't know them off the top of my head.

http://imsatv.imsa.com/

Listened to an interview with Scott Atherton on RLM a couple of days ago and he said Fox will show 23 hours of the race live on their various US channels this year.

Outside the US, IMSA also stream the races on their android app although I have found it fairly unreliable in the past. Hope it works better for the new season. Plus there is RLM as well as @Akra says.

Anyone watching the Porsche cockpit live stream on the IMSA site?

What are the details about the passenger side installed LCD screen - showing opponents race car positions I suppose?

Anyone has further information about what system, software, etc is used?

Anyone watching the Porsche cockpit live stream on the IMSA site?

What are the details about the passenger side installed LCD screen - showing opponents race car positions I suppose?

Anyone has further information about what system, software, etc is used?

Seems like some sort of radar system seem to show warning for any track side objects or cars I swear is saw it show a arrow for a left turn on the track on one of the sharper bends. it is crazy bit of tech for sure a very clever safety system.

From racer.com:

For the first time, a Porsche GT racecar features state-of-the-art assistance systems. The new 911 RSR is equipped with a radar-supported collision warning system, the popularly-called "Collision Avoidance System." Even in the dark, the faster prototypes are detected early enough that misunderstandings can be avoided.

Yes I have seen the road-going going version in My Girlfriends brothers VW company car works brilliantly on the Autobahn in German where you really need 360 degree vision all the time to help with the hi work load.
I imagine this is bit more specialized for use in racing. Find it a very good idea for 24hr events like this & Le-Mans & should help avoid some of those nasty crashes that happen in the dark or Challenging conditions & take some work load of the drivers.

Good first Race for Porsche & the new car , but it looked like the Ford GT had the legs on the new 911RSR speed wise.
Still the Ford GT has a fully years racing development behind it .
So Porsche can get stronger moving forwards. Could the Porsche 911 RSR 2017 race at the Nürburgring 24 hrs or that a different class of GT cars ?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.9%