rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Vitus Parc - Monday November 14th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm much slower here than Grand Valley, Grand Valley flowed unlike Vitus for me. I was only 1.5 seconds off the leader's race pace in the 2nd race at Grand Valley but here.... might be about 2 seconds, even 3 seconds.

I don't know where I'm losing time, will hopefully learn later on when people are on the server but I think I'm losing time in the 3 hairpins and the 2nd fast chicane.

What times are you running? i was "procrastinating" (dissertation = crap) earlier and was doing 1:13's but can't get any consistency. i believe my car is attracted to the walls here!:D

Qualy 1: Was pleased to get 9th, especially as I beat Scott :D. Disconnected at the start of my 3rd lap attempt, managed to join the server just before the race start.

Race 1: First things first, WHY is there a massive lampost with a flashing green and red light where everyone can see at the start ??? About 4 people, including me had to serve drive-thru penalties for jumping the start. If we see green light, we go, we don't expect it to be some sort of deceration. I never saw that when I practiced in " Race Weekend". Ridiculous.

So after jumping the start massively due to the flashing light, I was 2nd at Turn 1. Got passed by Tomasz at the banked hairpin and at the fast chicane, I purposely went faster than I normally would go to avoid being rear-ended by Eike behind me, but of course, I crashed. I came into the pit that lap with the other penalty takes but I took a pitsotp to fix damage, It didn't fix much though and after taking my drive-through the next lap, I realised how hard the cars were to control with even the slightest of suspension damage and I decided to park it.

What a great track and car combination... had so much fun!
Q: 6th for both
R1: drove consistently and so how ended up in 3rd (others fallling off) and was being caught every lap by francesco, he pipped me to third on the last corner and i finished 4th... to be honest francesco deserved the podium he must have drove the nuts off the car in the last 10 minutes so well done :D

R2: No where near as neat and fast for some reason, 1-2 seconds slower than race 1, had some nice battles along the way, sorry if i cut anyone up going through the fast chicance generally didnt see anyone to the sides. And then had a great race long battle with bradley.. turned into early for one corner and cut it so i gave the place back. I dont know if bradley flashed his lights at me b'cos of that or it was reflecting off the random flashing bit of barrier i had on my screen :p

Well done all

Dave.

Qualy 2: Messed up at Turn 1 on my first lap. Never got a chance to do a 2nd lap. Lost connection and came back with only 1 minute to go in the session. Last on the grid.

Race 2: Time for some fun. Most fun I have ever had in a race. Gained 3 positions by the end of Turn 1, then gained another position at Turn 6 I think (long right hairpin). Was fighting for about 6th I think, was ahead of Tony and Dave. Got passed by both but they both made mistakes in the next few laps and ended up behind me.

This is where the fun starts. From about Lap 5 onwards, I was fighting with Dave. Tony got passed me quite easily at Turn 1, then Dave bombed into Turn 6 on the inside and snook through, he cut the next corner though and I was really happy that he let me passed. Sportmanship :thumbs: He passed me at the same place on the next lap. I would of expected him to get away but I think I am better on heavily worn Race Tyres than any compound of fresh tyres. I stayed with Dave before passing him at the final chicane. We were side by side and there was slight contact but I managed to overtake him later on in the lap, at Turn 6 I think.

In the final 4 laps, Dave got passed me, then Christian was catching me up. At the end of the penultimate lap, I pushed Christian slightly on the straight as I wanted the position and I thought it was the last lap as the 20 minutes had been finished. But I forgot the leader has to cross the line first :p Christian was ahead of me though and I am sorry for my agression. In the final sector of the final lap, Andy spun and was right behind me at the final corner, I got a good exit out of the chicane but he got a slipstream, we were side by side to the finish and I just pipped him.

It was my favourite race I have been involved in at RD and also my best (performance wise) race. I never made a major mistake and I managed to overtake and fight with fany opponents. Thanks RD, The Drivers, Adam and The Rest of The Crew.

PS: Dave, I did flash my lights because you cut the corner.

It was great evening with really great racing from the guys, and it was my best results on RD!!!
As I wrote here ealier it was excellent combo track&cars. After one praccy session I was quite confident about my pace, cause till the official praccy I was about one sec. quickre than others. I was only waiting for Rob's times, cause was sure He will do some alien time, but He did not this time.

Q1: I was strugling a lot to hit 10', but manage to do it twice and it was enough for P1.

R1: Confusing lights at the start and Bradley jumps from nowhere...after T1 i was 3rd. I overtook Bradley on the 1st lap, and was catching Rob with Eike glued to my rear bumper. I was closing on Rob very slowly till the moment he miss a turn and kissed the wall :frown:. Rest of the race I was leading with Andy on my tail. Great racing m8! We were driving like this till the last straight. On the exit from the last chicane Martin spun and stops on the racing line, I was trying to avoid him on the left and I would do this if He would stayed in the same spot, but in the same moment he was trying to run from the racing line and got in my way, so I hit his doors very bad, than barrier.Nio worries m8 , it wasn't the leguage race and i wasntfighting for a championship or something, so no hard feelings. I was able to trundle to the finish on P2-it is my best finish on RD :D. My first win on RD must wait till the next occasion:wink:.

Q2: Everybody has upgraded their speed and I was strugling a lot to hit the 10', but on my very last lap I did time very close to PB from the praccy and took another PP. This time it was very close, less then 0,1 secto 2nd Tony. My Q1 time would gave me only 3rd.

R2: Another bad start for me After T1 i was 2nd just behind Tony, with Rob& Andy behind me. Unlucky Tony spun in the fast chicane on the opening lap :frown:, so I took the lead again. I was battleing with Rob almost whole race including going side by side through few corners in a row-great racing m8! You were so fast in the last chicane...every hard gained 0,1-0,2 sec on every lap I was loosing in this last chicane. After Rob overtook me on the 4 or 3rd lap before the end I spun in the fast section in 2nd sector and hit a wall. Lucky for me it was only rear bumper and slight damage od rear susp. It was drivable, only very tricky in the fast chicanes. Finished 2nd again.
It was great event with lots of good & fair racing with my best results on RD ever. Now I can only wait for another traxck that will siuts me like Vitus to take my first win.
THX to RD, Adam, and all that raced yesterday. It was hell of a fun. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%