rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Seven Hills - Monday January 2nd 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Nice grid size again and the usual high levels of close fun racing in the 207's,one moment of good fortune and i stole the lead from a very polite Rob at T1 giving me the room,from then on constant pressure from him chasing and waiting,a late reprieve of a 1.5secs gap let me just win it.
Race 2 Butchy done grid reverso magic so away from 7th,and instantly in the busy mix,took a scrape gave a scrape,got settled in 3rd and left it all too late to challenge Tom for 2nd,Butchette was 10secs gone but i think he attempted to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory according to the gap timer?...
Thanks all there making good racing.

Thank you Adz & RD

Practice: about 12th. was a bit disheartened as I was pumping out mid to late 1:11s, way too slow.

Qualifying: much better than practice, with a setup from rob, i was amazed that I got 8th place with a 1:10.004.

R1: reasonable start, held my position, found myself in 7th down the hill as someone was off wide. I was closin in on Bradley, ad pulled off a cheeky move i slipped it up the inside into the hairpin, an started to pull a bit of a gap. I settled into a rhythm, and kept my pace consistent but should have pushed a little harder, as after 12 laps I was being caught, and conceded the place to sit a happy 7th place at the finish. Wilco and Andy had a great view of my car on two wheels at one point, which inevitably let them both through.

R2: started on pole from the reverse grid, lead the race for 3 laps as the chasing pack sorted themselves out. I made a mistake and went wide foot down the big hill, which put Chris on my tail, withou being able to see him I was a bit cautious in the last 2 corners and he breezed past me on the straight, at the end of the next lap I was barged out of the way by Tom at the last corner, I kept up with him down the main straight, but I was unsighted at the chicane , and spun the car dropping down to 7th place when I rejoined. Once again settled into a reasonable pace, gained a few positions from battlers in front, sat 5th for a while, but conceded another place to way e as I could t out pace him, and followed him across the line in 6th.

Best 207 race meeting for me so far. Chuffed with two top 10 finishes, and for driving two quite consistent races, less mistakes meant higher places for me tonight... I was smiling at the end of the night, usually I am angry at myself for losing concentration. I have never finished both races in a 207 night, until tonight.

Best result previously was 5th at Algarve a few months ago, but I'd take the 6th and 7th tonigh over that anytime.

Nice grid size again and the usual high levels of close fun racing in the 207's,one moment of good fortune and i stole the lead from a very polite Rob at T1 giving me the room,from then on constant pressure from him chasing and waiting,a late reprieve of a 1.5secs gap let me just win it.
Race 2 Butchy done grid reverso magic so away from 7th,and instantly in the busy mix,took a scrape gave a scrape,got settled in 3rd and left it all too late to challenge Tom for 2nd,Butchette was 10secs gone but i think he attempted to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory according to the gap timer?...
Thanks all there making good racing.

Thank you Adz & RD

Yes, went off at penultimate turn :p

I believe it was your only lap out of the 1,07/08s :p I was doing high 1,07 low 1,08 and you were still increasing the gap. Seems everyone had found more pace for race 2 :)

I've got Rob to rhank for that. I was on default setup for race 1. He sent me his and I made a few tweaks to suit me and then the car was like a rocket :)

Had a great first race, started 12th I think after a really poor qualifying session.
Battled my way through to 5th in the end, some great racing along the way with a few guys :)
Second race started 3rd on the grid, had a pretty clean start and managed to hold my postion until around lap 3....
Very disappointed to get shunted off at turn 2. I realise that some are faster than others, but dont think that gives the faster ones the right to ram their way through the field. I waited on the server till the end of the race in the hope of an apology or at the least an explanation.
It never came.....
Overall though some nice racing as usual
Thanks to RD for the race :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years