rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Seven Hills - Monday January 2nd 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
howtakeaturnonsevenhill.jpg

Qualy 1 = Never got a good lap in. Had a crash with Mikk on my first lap before crashing on 2 of my others and having a bad lap at the end of the session. 7th.

Race 1 = Average start. Stayed in 7th. Got overtaken by James at the hairpin. Then I made a slight mistake out of Turn 6 which let Chris passed. Next lap Chris crashed at Turn 1 and I was getting away from Wilco behind me. A couple laps later I spun at the penultimate corner which lose me 2 places and I was just infront of Chris.

I held Chris back for 2 laps but I lost control at Turn 5. Chris had nowhere to go and hit me. Down to about 10th now and Mikk and Steve made contact in the hairpin infront of me. I then performed my best overtake of my Sim Racing Career. Overtook around the outside into the fast left/right chicane in the final sector.

In the last few laps, my tyres were worn out and I was making too many mistakes. I span or crashed about 3 times, not including a "Nilsson" Moment at the Hairpin. I hit the Kerb and was verticle. Luckily I managed to control it. I decided to call it quits when I went wide in the final corner.

Smashed into the wall at the start of Lap 2 I think, shame as I was enjoying being back at the helm, then disco happened before race 2 :/ Gutted however I loved it all! Thanks for putting this on guys!

Race 2 : Gained a place at the start but lost one at Turn 5 when Wayne overtook me. For the next few laps I was gaining places and,I was rubbing my hands together (not literally) as I could see 7 cars infront of me within a few seconds who were being too close for comfort. Got up to 5th as other drivers made mistakes in the chaos.

I was quite consistant in the race but then I spun when in 6th I think and I hit the barrier slightly with the back of my car when rejoining. I looked at my tyre/damage HUD and noticed I had front suspension damage on both sides. I never hit anything or anyone with the front of my car so I will still confused why I had the suspension damage. Maybe the Jump ?

I wasn't able to drive anywhere near my real pace and I even went wide 3 times in 4 laps at Turn 1. Was down to 9th and Wilco was behind me. At Turn 6 (right turn before long straight), he hit the back of me sending me into the wall. Now I had even worse suspension damage but at least he waited for me.

I managed to finish the race in 9th I think.

That was fun.
My first Race here at Race Department went very well.

Quali: toke me till the last lap to get my best time, before that i was struggling cause I was pushing to hard.

Had 2 nice Races, where the fight were door to door and fair.
Had 1 incident with Bradley, I touched him in the back and he flu straight off hitting the wall and losing his Hood, waited for him to came back on the track again.
First Race Finish 6, and Second Race, with reverse grid and starting just behind Poleman James, I think it was 9, and Butcher got me on One Lap.

Was really Nice and Fun driving with you guys, normally I drive at SRVN in Holland, but when I have time left, I'll visit ya here again.

Thnx, Grtz

good racing with you guys.. two top ten finishes im happy with.. weird though when i was doing quali i could only hit 1.13.xxx in the race i was moslt doing 1.11s, but my fastest lap was 1.10.265... weird

good racing with you guys.. two top ten finishes im happy with.. weird though when i was doing quali i could only hit 1.13.xxx in the race i was moslt doing 1.11s, but my fastest lap was 1.10.265... weird

The race tyres can be about 1.5 seconds faster in the middle of the race. After the tyres warm up, you can get some really quick laptimes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%