rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Misano - Monday October 17th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
First race was pretty fun. Was running well dodging accidents until I spun in the second to last corner. I was in a bad place so I had to wait for all the traffic to go by. Used the entire race playing catch up avoiding more accidents. Ended up going from 7th to last to 5th by the end of the race.

Race two was a whole different story. Started 3rd and was beat to hell the whole way. The first few corners I was being bumped left and right. Ended up taking some damage and the car just wasn't right. I lost it after that and fell to the back. The car was just too uncontrollable so I ended it.

What a bad luck evening for me, but still with lot of fun.
During the praccy, I was able to do consitantly 37:2 and I had again pace in top 3 just behind Rob and Gary.

Q: I've got few slow runs and on my last lap I had time after 2nd sector for 36:9-it would be my PB, but in last 2 corners I caught one of the guys and had to brake on the exit on the pit straight, so 37:4 an I took 4th.

R1: Not a good start I have been overtaken by2 cars in T1 , I drove a bit too cerafully. Adam was on my right, so I made a room on the inside of this fast 2nd turn, and I think he lost it on the curb, cuse i just saw Adam's car sideways and his rear left came out just in front of mine hood, I didn't have enough time and space to avoid You and I touched Your car just a bit and speed up Your spin. Sorry, but I had nowhere else to go. After that contact I lost another position and was somwhere in 5th. After Garry's spin I had clean way to attack a podium position and when I was already 3rd I spun in T2 almost crashing the car, but I save it in one piece , but lost position. I was doing times similar to my praccy pace and in the middle of the race wasin secure 3rd with 10 sec. gap in front and in the back. And just 5 minutes before trhe finsh I had disco #@%&*:no:. Those computers....

R2: After dealing with conection issues I join R2 on the last place 16th. I had very good start, but again i was very carefully in t1 and was force to go on grass in T2, but there was so messy on 1st lap that it was avoiding of spuned cars. on the main straight I figured out that after disco I loaded default setup....:frown: I'm stupid. I hit the limiter with max speed already in a half of this straight and had to shift the gaers in other places, than usual. Result=I had to brake really, really late to deffend my place in the harpin after long straight and because of bad driving car I did with troubless 38;0....
Never mind, I found myself in front of Evan somwhere 6-7 place and was able to deffend my position only for 2 or 3 laps and I lost my place after this long straight, just after that Evan start to drive sideways almost in every turn (damage, from early stage of the race?) and in one of the turns I attacked on the inside, but on breaking my front went too much on the right (with my setup I would make it stick, but...) we have minor contact , but result of that was Evan's spin. Sorry for that!:sorry: I was waiting for Evan and together with him lost another 2-3 places. We were chasing Francesco and in T1 Evan attacked him on the outside, I was very close to them both , they had small contact, when they where side by side and Francesco spun just in front of me, i hit him than was the pin ball and I hit the wall and it was this type of 207' with flying front wheels ;-).
So I had very good pace, hadn't got luck, but still had fun with this french thingies eventhough I really hate this track.
Thx to RD & ADAM for this race, congrats to the winners, Rob& Gary your race pace was really great. Cya next time.

Well think 4 was my number last night :)

Quali 1 = 14th

Race 1 = 4th

Quali 2 = 4th

Race 2 = 4th

I got a fair whack up the aris going into T1 race one...so went down to last place but managed to get up to P4 at the end...classic :)

What a night of racing!! Some amazing battles with everyone i came across again..special thanks to Felix, Vito & Gary...true gents on track...in fact i spent 1/2 a lap side be side with Felix, had a massive smile on face :)

Also thank you to Eike as i used his set up from the last race and really seemed to work...espesh as i'd never raced here before. Good track, love the first sector...fast corners :)

Thanks to Adam & RD....lets not stop using the 207's!!

HAdnt time for Practice but was a nice evening. A little bit rough sometimes but nothing that I cant handle but remember If youre driving hard not wonder if I do it also. Thanks Lukasz for the couple of corners side by side there youre can learn Mr. X (think the driver im talking about is know i mean him). Sorry Tomasz for my spin im T3 was my fail so sorry :(

Once again plenty of track knowledge and then a setup from Tom let me get close to Rob pace,good start from 2nd and kept nicely in touch with Rob through the first lap,right up until the moment i got up on the final turn exit curb too much and rotated the car across the track side on in to the barrier with force,could not beileve the thing was still running and no punctures!??...but the most wild pull to the left ever,quite nice on the left handers though,it drove itself round them,but a new world of tricky going right,relearned this wonderful new car and had lots of fun to the finish.
Another decent start for race 2 and through the first couple of turns fine,then i heard something arriving hot at T3 so i just had to briefly open up the steering a bit and let them shoot through then take the turn,not a big deal,i even got a nice run out of T3 and got a huge doublebubble draft from Stephen and a black car in the lead down the back straight that rocketed me through to 1st place.
It wasnt long until Rob worked his way through and promptly hunted me down,then at T3 after getting himself very close it went all quiet behind me and a yellow flag came out!!,he was off!,that gave me a 3.9secs gap so i thought it was safe to assume no more threat from Rob right?,wrong,once again he clawed it back,so i decided to concetrate and push more and that worked for me to the finish,another very rare win over Rob in the 207's :D.
Excellent track again for these cars and really nice healthy Monday grid too,well done everybody!!.

Big thanks Adz & RD

Quali: Did a good lap and was higher than expected in P6.

Race 1: Made a good start but span on the curb at turn 2 (wasn't your fault Tomasz :)) causing several cars to get involved (apologies). Rejoined in last with a car wanting to go left and unstable on the brakes. I managed to gain some places and lose some before finishing in 9th.

Race 2: Started 9th, avoided the trouble at turn 3 and sat in behind Lee, Jeroen and Tony. They all got together in the penultimate turn so I took to the grass to avoid, missed the final corner because of it and got a stop/go. When I served the penalty I was way out the back but was catching Tristin quite quickly but he just got to the line in time. Finished P9.

Thanks guys for racing. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years