Server name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM 207
Mod: 207 Super 2000 V1.10
Track: Mid-Ohio (No Chicane)

20:00 GMT: Practice
20:30 GMT: Qualification
20:40 GMT: Warm-up
20:45 GMT: Race (2x20 minutes)

Click here to find out when the event starts in your time-zone.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Notes:

1. Tarmac vehicles only.

2. Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.

3. If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Sign-up list:
  1. Bradley Vanian
  2. Andy Bonar
  3. Tony Matthews
  4. Francesco Huber
  5. Rob Hermans
  6. Scott Søvik
  7. Eike Roeding
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -

Very good event. Even with 5-7 drivers, superb races with loads of overtaking can be produced.

Practice - I was 4 seconds off the pace with 5 mins to go until qualy. Was given a setup by Rob and suddenly I gained 3 seconds. :D Thanks so much.

Qualy 1 - 6th. Ahead of Francesco, only 1.3 from pole.

Race 1 - Stayed on the inside for the straight at Turn 1 and managed to get from 6th to 3rd. Got overtaken by Tony at the hairpin but I got a good run out of the corner and managed to go around the outside at Turn 4, nearly hitting the grass by the lack of space being given at the braking point. At Turn 11, I went wide, I slowed down and rejoined the track on the inside of the penultimate corner giving Tony room on the outside to overtake me. However, I wasn't given enough room on the inside forcing me to do a half spin and causing me damage which would end my race at the start of Lap 2.

Qualy 2- Had 2 poor laps and I was 0.8 up on my 3rd lap, but Rob caught me up and gave me a nudge at the penultimate corner forcing me wide and over the kerb for the final corner and Rob then had nowhere to go and my lap was ruined. No blue flags was given and there was no need for blue flags to be given. We were both on hot laps, just an unfortunate incident.

Race 2 - Was 6th but Andy disconnected just before the start so gained a position already :D Didn't gain any positions at Turn 1 but I did gain 2 positions on the first lap as Rob spun and I made a overtake on Vitoldas I think (can't remember, haven't watched replay since Monday night). Was in 3rd but Tony and Eike made contact and I think one of them slowed down to let the opposing car passed, giving me the lead on Lap 4 (My first ever lap lead in a RD rFactor Event, see, I'm not that slow). Was 2 seconds ahead but I missed a few apex's and Tony was right behind me for the next lap. At Turn 9, I lost control under pressure and Tony had nowhere to go, this created a small pile-up but luckily none of us received major damage but Rob luckily got through the chaos and into the lead.

For the rest of the race, Me, Eike, Tony and Vitoldas had a super battle with loads of good overtaking. We were constantly changing positions but we spread out near the end of the race. Eike pulled off a fantasting overtake on the inside of Turn 1 and on the penultimate lap, we both missed the Apex at Turn 8, Eike just avoided the grass but I clipped the grass and slid off the track, losing a few seconds. Finished 5th but I am proud to lead my first ever RD rFactor Event Lap.

Nice one, Bradley. You're welcome, both for the setup and to race with us again! I do, however, have a small bone to pick with you:

After reviewing the replay of race 1, I came to the conclusion that you are incorrect to assume you should be given space in that instance, and I'll try to explain why:
Although you state that you "went wide, slowed down and gave room for Tony to overtake", you go on to state that you "weren't given enough room on the inside" when you rejoined. In my opinion, you rejoined in the turn-in zone of the next corner, going for a move which would probably not have been possible if you had been between the white lines and, having been off the track, you had no right to expect to be given "racing room". In that situation, you MUST make sure to rejoin safely and it's up to you to avoid contact. It doesn't matter that you were back on the track before you made that move; Tony had no idea you were there, having seen you go off onto the grass moments before.

I know these are only Club races, but we still need to be clear on racing etiquette so that the good atmosphere remains that way. Only a few of us attended that event, but usually we have at least twice that amount of drivers, ALL of whom have a lot of respect for each other, built up over many events. We've all made mistakes, but we also have quite a lot of experience, so give yourself time ;)

Sorry, I seem to have ranted a bit there...no offence meant, I'm guilty of some misdemeanours myself, not least driving into the back of you when I thought you were ignoring the blue flag! :oops:

You don't need a wife. Just get a vacuum, it can do the same things.

Rob - It was more of a racing incident (me with Tony) than anything. If I had tried to join the track before the corner, I probably would of made bigger contact with Tony or I could of spun across the track and I wasn't going to cut the whole of the next corner. I wasn't trying to keep my position against Tony, I was just trying to stay on the track.

...If I had tried to join the track before the corner, I probably would of made bigger contact with Tony or I could of spun across the track...

Precisely why I brought it up; it was you off the track, so it's up to you to rejoin safely. If that means waiting for a car (or even the whole field) to pass, then that's what you have to live with.
I wasn't trying to keep my position against Tony, I was just trying to stay on the track.
I don't buy that. I need to review the replay again to be sure, but it looked to me like you were going for the move.
It might not feel like it, but you're lucky that you came off worse than the driver you made contact with. Sure, there will be occasions where it's not possible, like when you lose control, go off and spin across the track while still out of control, but that wasn't the case here.
I don't want to sound like I'm taking on the role of the Passing Police, we don't need referees in Club races...let's just move on and we'll all try to do better next time! (I include myself in that :D)

I'm sorry if seems like a "big deal", only I've been through the process of pointing out these things (and having them pointed out to me!) quite a few times when welcoming newcomers to a group of well-established guys. I only want clarity and after our chat re the qualifying incident, I hope you understand that I don't feel I'm in the right all the time. As I said, movin' on...
No hard feelings, mate.

It was a pleasure and also a big step up for me. It is rare that I am able to have such a good fight with other drivers that are much more estabilished than me. Everyone makes mistakes, I only made a small mistake and it only cost me. I am a lot better at re-joining the track than I was 2 months ago. Just like I am better at overtaking, qualifying and being careful on my tyres than 2 months ago. The club events are here for friendly fun racing and to also help drivers get better. And on Monday, that is exactly what we got, friendly fun racing and a better driver.

Have to say it wasnt the greatest of nights racing.
A lot of bad karma going on especially with so few drivers involved.
And to cap it all I got an rfactor CTD jsut as we went to the grid for the 2nd race!
Hopefully with a few more in next week, it will all be a bit different :)

I appreciate that, Bradley. If only more newcomers would enter with a good attitude like yours! Just don't go so fast with MY setup next time, ok? :eek:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.1%