2018 RD Touring Car Championship (R3E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must say I am very impressed with the signups after a day. Looking forward to round1!

• Deleted member 387850

Congrats on all the signups! The most cars I’ve raced against in R3E is 24. Is the plan to have all 44 competitors on track at the same time, and if so do the tracks have enough pit boxes to support that many drivers? New to me so I’m not sure how that works!

Congrats on all the signups! The most cars I’ve raced against in R3E is 24. Is the plan to have all 44 competitors on track at the same time, and if so do the tracks have enough pit boxes to support that many drivers? New to me so I’m not sure how that works!
Cars can share pitboxes in R3E because collisions are off in the pits. Not the prettiest way to go about it, but serviceable :) Personally, I was in races with 30+ drivers and it can work if the servers and clients make sure they can handle it.

Plus it should work now that the game can run in 64 bits
"run" for the time being, you mean.

The game is sometimes unplayable with both 32-bit and 64-bit builds now. Sure it's been recently updated but for some people the game just crashes when joining a server. It's luck based now, feels like I'm speedrunning, trying to manipulate the RNG and I keep getting bad RNG ALL THE TIME.

(ofc it will be fixed down the line, just saying current status)

p.s: I did integrity check and didn't work still.

• Deleted member 387850

Cars can share pitboxes in R3E because collisions are off in the pits. Not the prettiest way to go about it, but serviceable :) Personally, I was in races with 30+ drivers and it can work if the servers and clients make sure they can handle it.

Those virtual pit men are sure gonna be busy ;) That’s cool, I wasn’t sure if we would end up with stacked pit stops or something! I would love to see 44 cars enter the pits at Suzuka at the same time :D

Is the plan to have all 44 competitors on track at the same time, and if so do the tracks have enough pit boxes to support that many drivers?

Most tracks in R3E support around 30-36 cars. However, all the tracks in this championship support 40+ cars, with Spa and Nords supporting 100!! So yeah, we're all going to be on track at the same time. :D

The game is sometimes unplayable with both 32-bit and 64-bit builds now. Sure it's been recently updated but for some people the game just crashes when joining a server. It's luck based now, feels like I'm speedrunning, trying to manipulate the RNG and I keep getting bad RNG ALL THE TIME.

No offence, but this simply isn't true. A few people were having issues yesterday, most of which was down to server problems on S3's end due to the massive load they were dealing with. For the vast majority the game is working just fine since the patch, so it's nothing like RNG.

(ofc it will be fixed down the line, just saying current status)

p.s: I did integrity check and didn't work still.
That's unfortunate, and I'm sure S3 will release a few hotfixes in the next few weeks. Those issues happen all the time when big patches are deployed, so just hang tight and send your crash dumps to S3 and/or describe your problems on their forums. There's still plenty of time before the start of the season for them to fix the issues.

A few quick questions:
-Will there be any test events? (eg: a R3E club race to check if clients/servers can handle all the cars).
-Does anyone here analyse data in R3E? I've been looking for plugins, and I can't find any besides the ProRacing Web Dashboard.

Just wanted to put it out there that Georg had a stream yesterday and they attempted to have 46 cars on the same server (GT3s at Nurburgring GP), and encountered issues with disappearing cars.

There are a lot of variables in play so it's possible that another attempt might have worked, but Georg re-iterated that the new 64-bit executable was never a guarantee that it would provide better stability for higher player counts. The "netcode" remains the same, and if it isn't able to cope with updating and tracking the positions of each car, no extra amounts of memory are going to change that.

I know we've done multiclass events in the past that have come close to 40 players. I think it would be worth it get some sort of event to test the player count, whether it be a club event or a special test event. Personally, I think we might be able pull off 44 cars based on what I've seen before, but I have my doubts about 60 cars.

I guess we'll find out.

I really recommend testing the server settings in multiplayer, with a lot of players. That you can run it offline does not mean that it's the same on a server, cause a lot of factors are different.

The 64 bit version is mainly meant to improve the memory usage, and it will increase the stability and performance for players that used to have issues on normal gridsizes (it happened on Nordschleife over a certain limit of 27 or 28 cars), but 1) it only affects players that use the 64 bit version and 2) there are no changes to the netcode or the dedicated servers in this regard. I would recommend using 36 cars as a maximum for a stable experience. 60 cars will almost certainly not work.

We have already assigned 42 drivers a spot so going back to 36 players isn't an option so we'll just have to see how it works out and work with what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%