2018 LIQUI-MOLY BATHURST 12 HOUR (LIVE STREAM)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Bathurst 12 Hours.jpg

BMW and Audi dominate opening running of Bathurst 12 Hours.

The outgoing BMW M6 GT3 of team Shnitzer and the Jamec Pem Racing Audi led the way in opening practice for the Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hours in Australia today, ensuring the opening practice sessions at the renowned Mt. Panorama circuit were something of a Germanic affair as BMW looked to give the inconsistent M6 GT3 a fitting send off before widely rolling out the new M8 that made it's competition debut at the recent Rolex 24 Hours in Daytona.

Practice wasn't short of action either, with several drivers finding themselves in strife at the difficult Mount Panorama circuit, however once all the action came to a close it would be both BMW and Audi who shared the top of the timesheets, marking out Australian favourites Tander and Mostert as early race favourites heading into the big race on Saturday night.

Qualification will take place from 5:00am, with the race beginning at 6:20pm UK on Saturday.

Sessions Results Link - HERE

Qualification Coverage
Race Coverage
For more from the world of motorsports, check out the Motorsport Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment - go on, get involved in the conversation now!

Bathurst 12 Hours 2.jpg
Bathurst 12 Hours 4.jpg
Bathurst 12 Hours 3.jpg

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to Bathurst 12 Hour? Who do you think has a chance at securing victory at the Australian classic? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 387850

I’ve never watched this race before, but I’m looking forward to it! Up until I started sim racing I relied on F1 and BTCC for my four-wheeled fix, and the only endurance race I watched was Le Mans. Since racing GT cars in AC and R3E I was keen to start watching the real world series these cars compete in. I’m still getting my head around all the different series but it seems there’s never been a better time to watch as so much content is freely available thanks to live streaming!

Kind of funny/tragic Nismo is streaming the race with no GTRs on the entry list.... Any news on the ETA of the new iteration of Nissans GT3?

Ok, stream down at the moment, seems like they realized that no Nissan will compete.... ;-)

Top 10 is run at 16:00 DST, the race itself should be covered from 05:30 DST through to 18:00 DST.
Friday P4 finished early due to a big shunt between privateers, the Benz is OK, but the BMW is out.

are McLaren looking to replace the 650s?

Is it just me or did the 650s look a bit flat in terms of pace in 2017?

I don't know why some of you are talking about the M6 as if it's being replaced. It's been quite clear from the start that for the next few years at least, the M6 will continue to be the GT3 car while the M8 competes in GTE.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back