2018 Formula One Australian Grand Prix (Discussion Thread)

The 3rd best team Red Bull is 60 bhp down on the Mercs....well Lewis's Merc not sure what spec they will give Bottas this year...
Brundle says in pace terms over a lap Red Bull are down 6 tenths before anything even happens based on the 60 bhp.
Red Bull have the smallest rear wing and still slower than Merc...Merc have the biggest rear wing on...you can start to see where this is going again...
No one is saying give them all exactly the same car...just simply make it all a bit more level.

The 3rd best team Red Bull is 60 bhp down on the Mercs....well Lewis's Merc not sure what spec they will give Bottas this year...
Brundle says in pace terms over a lap Red Bull are down 6 tenths before anything even happens based on the 60 bhp.
Red Bull have the smallest rear wing and still slower than Merc...Merc have the biggest rear wing on...you can start to see where this is going again...
No one is saying give them all exactly the same car...just simply make it all a bit more level.
F1 has always been like this, it's part of it's appeal.

mod-edit: if you already know it's offtopic, then raise it in a separate post in the appropriate sub-forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never been not so looking forward to a season as this year. For some reason F1 has completely lost it's appeal for me.

Hopefully the race and Max's result will drag me back into the action. First signs are looking good.

Last time i checked F1 was about racing and technology, now everyone only notice the halo...no one talked about ferrari performance (disappointing), Leclerc finally in F1, the performance of mclaren, renault and haas.
F1 is about racing, it's not a fashion show. Stop following the hate train and realize that the halo affects us very little as spectators.

Last time i checked F1 was about racing and technology, now everyone only notice the halo...no one talked about ferrari performance (disappointing), Leclerc finally in F1, the performance of mclaren, renault and haas.
F1 is about racing, it's not a fashion show. Stop following the hate train and realize that the halo affects us very little as spectators.
Affects us very little as spectators?
Are you sure?
Onboards have been rendered useless. Trackside cams too, as the HALO blocks the driver. As a spectator, I want to see both things... so yeah, it affects us quite a bit actually.
So, I'ma go ahead and stay on the hate train until it reaches its final destination thanks.

Also... what racing? It's become a procession in the last few years, or hadn't you noticed?
I can count the number of times there's been REAL racing during this era on my two hands.

Onboards have been rendered useless. Trackside cams too, as the HALO blocks the driver. As a spectator, I want to see both things... so yeah, it affects us quite a bit actually.
So, I'ma go ahead and stay on the hate train until it reaches its final destination thanks.
Just remind me how you see the driver in the Blancpain, IMSA, WEC...I've seen the onboard camera, I can see the steering wheels, the wheels, i can recognise which car it is. I really don't see any of the problems you mention though, might be the halo covering them?
Also... what racing? It's become a procession in the last few years, or hadn't you noticed?
So why are you watching it? You say it's not about racing and at the same time you say the halo ruined the rest...As I said, you are on the hate train and your last message proves that.

Just remind me how you see the driver in the Blancpain, IMSA, WEC...I've seen the onboard camera, I can see the steering wheels, the wheels, i can recognise which car it is. I really don't see any of the problems you mention though, might be the halo covering them?
Look at the entry lists for each of those series, then tell me how many open wheel/cockpit cars are on those grids? Go ahead, I'll wait...

If I'm watching open wheeled/open cockpit racing, I want to see the driver from trackside... and I want the onboard shots to NOT be blocked by something as stupid as the HALO.
So why are you watching it? You say it's not about racing and at the same time you say the halo ruined the rest...As I said, you are on the hate train and your last message proves that.
I'm not watching it lol
I'm done watching F1, because it's boring and frankly, the directions it's gone has killed the spectacle for me.
And my last post proves I'm on the hate train because... well... I said I was. Like, I actually typed that lol

Representation of how F1 is now.

DY8HoivX0AAvFZI.jpg:large

You mean....

20841753_1729602857081491_3524717436317379902_n.jpg
fa97abc34aa107821d025e010451acec.jpg

Point is that it's not necessary to see the drivers to enjoy F1.
According to who, you?
I like to see the drivers... it was part of the enjoyment I got... therefore it is necessary.
Then don't come here to complain for something you have nothing to do with.
Watched F1 for the last 23 years. I have an opinion on the sport I used to love, and am entitled to share it.
You don't like it, fine. But don't tell me I have nothing to do with it when as a consumer, I have EVERYTHING to do with how I want to watch the sport.

I like to see the drivers... it was part of the enjoyment I got... therefore it is necessary.
If for you it's necessary to see the driver, you aren't a racing fan but just a guy that likes to see someone moving the steering wheel. That kind of view is in no way necessary to make great racing, as Blancpain, IMSA and WEC demonstrate.
But don't tell me I have nothing to do with it when as a consumer, I have EVERYTHING to do with how I want to watch the sport.
You aren't an F1 consumer though...you just said you don't watch it. I'd say it's evident you just came here to complain pointlessly. It would make more sense if you complained on the F1 twitter page rather than an "anonymous" (for F1) forum, where your opinion will be lost simply because there is no one from F1 checking it.

If for you it's necessary to see the driver, you aren't a racing fan but just a guy that likes to see someone moving the steering wheel. That kind of view is in no way necessary to make great racing, as Blancpain, IMSA and WEC demonstrate.
Ah the "You're not a racing fan because you don't see it the way I see it" comment.
I'm not a racing fan because if I'm watching open cockpit racing, I want to see the driver... THAT makes me not a racing fan?
Your telling me that IN YOUR OPINION, the view isn't necessary... therefore NOBODY requires it as it's not what YOU like. That's what you're saying.
This is what I'm saying.
Some of us LIKE to see the driver. It's not wrong, it's just different to how YOU like to watch the sport.
But because it's DIFFERENT to how YOU watch it, it MUST be wrong... right?
I like onboard shots in IMSA and Blancpain too.... is that wrong? NO. It's part of how I (Me, Myself & I) enjoy the racing.
You prefer different views and shots, fine... but saying people aren't racing fans because they prefer different views and shots is a dick move.
You aren't an F1 consumer though...you just said you don't watch it. I'd say it's evident you just came here to complain pointlessly. It would make more sense if you complained on the F1 twitter page rather than an "anonymous" (for F1) forum, where your opinion will be lost simply because there is no one from F1 checking it.
I'm not an F1 consumer ANYMORE, because of the direction it's headed.
And I have made my feelings known on their social media... so that's just shot that comment stone dead hasn't it?
If the content improves, I shall watch it again.
Until then, I'm not giving F1 the satisfaction of my viewership... whether it effects them or not.
It's a matter of principle.

Ah the "You're not a racing fan because you don't see it the way I see it" comment.
I'm not a racing fan because if I'm watching open cockpit racing, I want to see the driver... THAT makes me not a racing fan?
Your telling me that IN YOUR OPINION, the view isn't necessary... therefore NOBODY requires it as it's not what YOU like. That's what you're saying.
This is what I'm saying.
Some of us LIKE to see the driver. It's not wrong, it's just different to how YOU like to watch the sport.
But because it's DIFFERENT to how YOU watch it, it MUST be wrong... right?
I like onboard shots in IMSA and Blancpain too.... is that wrong? NO. It's part of how I (Me, Myself & I) enjoy the racing.
You prefer different views and shots, fine... but saying people aren't racing fans because they prefer different views and shots is a dick move.

I'm not an F1 consumer ANYMORE, because of the direction it's headed.
And I have made my feelings known on their social media... so that's just shot that comment stone dead hasn't it?
If the content improves, I shall watch it again.
Until then, I'm not giving F1 the satisfaction of my viewership... whether it effects them or not.
It's a matter of principle.
Ok ;)

It was all looking like the best quali at Melbourne for years, then Lewis decides it's time for party mode.

giphy.gif

Stunning lap regardless if it was helped by the party engine mode.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 218 14.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%