Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sniper
Just done a few laps with Auto-blip turned ON, and I really can't tell that it does anything in this car? I downshift and it just spins out. Is there a way to actually get it to automatically blip the throttle when I downshift?

@alexSchmurtz thanks mate, I learned something new today :thumbsup: now my driver has a matching helmet, I even replaced my rollcage with a white one :thumbsup::D but it's only white from inside the cockpit, it's black from TV cam, is that normal?
I found it's not as easy as I thought, picking the helmet that is, you have to view all the cars on track via TV cam, especially seeing as no 2 helmets are exactly the same, surely there's an easier way, is there any software that can view DDS files?

Cheers

I have not played with the roll cage color yet, can't tell you if this is normal or not… It could be tho!

For the helmet, I use… the Metalmoro as a viewer! :laugh: The helmet is visible in the showroom, it is on the car. Then when I'm happy with the result, I rename it to the car I want. Not a perfect solution, but it works! :rolleyes:

Round 1.jpg

High kerbs and concrete walls, the first round will be the most mentally draining of the season. Buckle up!

Date:
Saturday 22nd April 2017
Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RDTCC
Track: Adelaide 2016 (Legendary Tracks DLC #2)
Start time: 20:00 AEST (10:00 GMT)
Virtual Time of Day: 14:00
Starting Track Grip: Medium (normal progression)

Race Format
  • 20:00 AEST (10:00 GMT) - Practice - 20 minutes
  • 20:20 AEST (10:20 GMT) - Qualifying - 20 minutes
  • 20:40 AEST (10:40 GMT) - Warm Up - 10 minutes
  • 20:50 AEST (10:50 GMT) - Race 1 - 30 minutes
  • 21:20 AEST (11:20 GMT) - Break - 10 minutes
  • 21:30 AEST (11:30 GMT) Race 2 - 30 minutes (Top 10 reversed)

Track Info

R1 Track Info.jpg

Pit Entry
The Pit entry for Adelaide appears abruptly after turn 13 on the right side of the driver. During the race, pit stops should not be necessary, however, should you need to make a pit stop, you must slow to 40 KM/H before you cross the white pit entry line (flanked by orange cones). Failure to slow in time will result in a drive through penalty.
GRAB_070.JPG

Pit Exit
When exiting the pit lane, take care when rejoining the action as you'll emerge directly onto the racing line. There is no real way of avoiding it, it's simply the way the Adelaide pit-exit is designed. During practice and qualifying, please be prepared to slow and possibly even stop to allow cars to pass unimpeded. During the race, you are not obligated to slow or stop, but you must not rejoin unsafely so as to cause an incident. Judge the situation with a level head.

If cars are approaching, you will see the blue pit gantry light flash to warn you of on-coming cars.
GRAB_071.JPG

Race 2:
In an exciting addition to this season, the race format will be split into two separate 30 minute races. The first race will commence as you would normally expect. After the completion of the first race, there will be a second 10 minute warmup period whereby the grid for Race 2 will be set. The grid positioning will be according to the result from Race 1, however the top 10 finishers will be reversed. So the driver who wins the race, will start the second race from 10th, and the driver who finishes the first race in 10th place, will start the second race from pole position, etc. etc.

TeamSpeak
Your presence on TeamSpeak is mandatory for all rounds. You must set up your teams' Sub-Channel within the RDTCC sub-channel, using your team name. To create a sub-channel, please follow the simple steps below.

1. Right click the "RD Touring Car Championship" channel, and click 'Create Sub-Channel'.
1.png
2. Enter the appropriate details and Click OK.
2.png 3.png
  • During Qualifying and the Race there will be no in-game text chat allowed under any circumstances until all active drivers have crossed the finish line. Those caught using the in-game text chat during these sessions will be given a 5 second time penalty added to their total race time.
  • Only communications from the league director will be allowed when it pertains to critical issues (i.e. Server problems).
    • During practice, in-game text chat is permitted, however please be respectful of others trying to concentrate.

Incident reports
Sometimes crashes and incidents happen. It's just part of racing. However if you feel you've been unjustly disadvantaged by a fellow driver breaking our League Regulations and all attempts to resolve the matter privately have failed, you are free to submit an incident report to the league director via Private Message, which will then be submitted to an independent steward panel from the staff group who will review it and issue a verdict.

Reports will be accepted up to 48 hours post-race. Any later and they will be rejected.

Last edited:
@Sniper
Just done a few laps with Auto-blip turned ON, and I really can't tell that it does anything in this car? I downshift and it just spins out. Is there a way to actually get it to automatically blip the throttle when I downshift?
what server did you test it on, the one i put up?
I find a massive difference

try it on the multi i setup
Auto-blip works on the server. I just did some testing on the server and with auto-blip on the car just feels different, like there is something more going on than just auto-blip being enabled.

I was just using the default setup and did stints with the blip on, then off, then on, then off. I used the Motec plugin to check to see if there was a weight penalty and there is:
PGRvGgF.jpg
606kg with blip off and 621kg with it on (2.5% weight penalty as expected). I cant say for sure, but to me it feels like when the car has autoblip on the car feels too stable. It almost feels like there is a bit of ABS going on under braking and TC on the throttle. It does seem to be a tad slower but, to me, the car just feels way too different to be used with auto-blip on.

I didn't seem to get that squirrely feeling under braking and when trying to get on the throttle too early, what I would call defining characteristics of the car.

Any chance of attempting a broadcast for round 1? Understand there's a lot going on at the moment though so the broadcast crew may have their hands full.
If there's an Aussie (or possibly even an American) who can provide the bandwidth, then I'm all for it. My hands bleed after writing those race recaps.

If there's an Aussie (or possibly even an American) who can provide the bandwidth, then I'm all for it. My hands bleed after writing those race recaps.

To be honest I think even an EU streamer would work, I don't seem to look laggy at all in any of the mini streams so you would think it would be the same for all of us :)

Could we out a call out on the front page, looking for broadcaster and commentators?

To be honest I think even an EU streamer would work, I don't seem to look laggy at all in any of the mini streams so you would think it would be the same for all of us :)

Could we out a call out on the front page, looking for broadcaster and commentators?
I'll ask around.
Last time we tried a stream with someone in the EU it really didn't look good. But it may be different with these cars as they're a little slower than the metalmoro.

Part of the reason your car doesn't look too bad in the Mini streams is because it's hosted on an EU server, so if the streamer has a low ping, then it makes a big difference even when viewing high ping drivers.

Whereas if you have a high ping streamer viewing low ping cars it doesn't look as good, and then when they view a high ping car it just looks insane haha.

But i'll ask around and see if we can do some tests in the club races leading up to Round 1.

I'll ask around.
Last time we tried a stream with someone in the EU it really didn't look good. But it may be different with these cars as they're a little slower than the metalmoro.

Part of the reason your car doesn't look too bad in the Mini streams is because it's hosted on an EU server, so if the streamer has a low ping, then it makes a big difference even when viewing high ping drivers.

Whereas if you have a high ping streamer viewing low ping cars it doesn't look as good, and then when they view a high ping car it just looks insane haha.

But i'll ask around and see if we can do some tests in the club races leading up to Round 1.
Can't imagine it will be any worse then the classic GT AC stream the other morning, cars starting taking off like slow flying aeroplanes lol poor Jim did his best to stay composed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back