1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

2017 Racing Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2016 Weekday Championship' started by Mikey Woolford, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +979
    Please use this thread to converse about all the motor-racing series that will be occurring this year. My personal favourite race series right now is the Virgin Australia V8 Supercars Series in Australia.

2. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +82
    this year is actually insane in terms of changing in motorsports. We've got the new rules in F1 and a retired WC, Jorge Lorenzo joining Ducati and Vinales to Yamaha in MotoGP, we have the incredible new WRC cars and as it stands mabe the most interesting season since 2003 and last but lot least we got a insanely ****ed up race system in Nascar now.

I feel that 2017 might be the best year for motor racing since a long time :)

3. Peter Pittilla

Peter Pittilla

Ratings:
    +34
    Only have free to air channels atm. Are there any free to view channels / websites were I can watch these and other motor sports. I would like to watch the radicals and WEC and give other series a watch that I have never seen before. Does Red Bull TV have any full 4 wheeled evens? Other than soap box of course.

P.S. I predict In F1 we will see very little overtaking apart from differing tyre strategy ones.

4. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    Pre Season test 2 starts tomorrow. I hope Ferrari keep up their performance. I hope Renault continue to impress and I hope to ****ing god that Mclaren don't continue to be shite.

5. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    I hope Red Bull bring a few aero upgrades. But mainly I hope Lance Stroll continues his journey towards becoming F1's favourite meme and potential Maldonado replacement.

6. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    You could say his journey to that position is going to be a......

... Stroll.

7. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    I'm quitting the league.

• Haha Haha x 2
  8. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +46
    Looking forward to WorldSBK round 2 this weekend, season opener at Philip Island was incredible and I'm hoping someone can take Rea down from the top :sneaky:

9. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Does nobody give a flying f*** about indycar? :redface:

10. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    What's that? :p

11. HRacingGreen

HRacingGreen

Ratings:
    +46
    I would if the streams ever worked on my laptop and if I wasn't in the UK because all the races are at weird times for me.

12. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    You would be shocked at the lack of coverage/news there is across the pond. Besides, it doesn't seem to end too well for our British drivers. Dan Wheldon, Justin Wilson and Dario Franchitti. They were all indycar right? Or am I that stupid when it comes to US racing series.

13. Jamie-Lee Mayers

Jamie-Lee Mayers
    Just Another Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +691
    Coverage is fine, BTSportESPN covers all the races, usually start like 8-9pmish with only like Texas being something stupid like 2am. However, I'm not sure they're broadcasting it this year....

14. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    I was actually going to ask Jamie to chime in on this when he can as he's always the one moaning to me about the amount of adverts he has to suffer through :p

15. Jason Warburton

Jason Warburton

Ratings:
    +120
    I used to watch Indycar religiously just before and during it being called CART or KART or something.....

I loved the game for the early Ps1/2 as well

16. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +57
    I forget about pay to view TV my bad. Everything is going to be there soon and I will only be able to watch btcc on ITV 4.

17. Jason Warburton

Jason Warburton

Ratings:
    +120
    Kodi is your friend!

18. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +82
    there is a very big sports streaming service in germany and for the first time they will cover all indycar races live, so yeah this season i might actuall care for it.

Usually i only watch long beach and the 500, i really loved the one where tony kanaan won bc it had so many lead changes

19. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,300
    Nice. I'll be sitting in turn 1 this year! Can't wait! :D
    We are due a pretty decent rain-infested week. Last two years has been dry for the days leading up to the race and race day itself. Surely the universe has to reset itself.

20. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +979
    V8s not being on BT this season has broken my heart.

Indycar has disappointed me the last few seasons.

All hope sits on BTCC and Ferrari