2017 Indy 500 Discussion Thread

18671025_669493659909364_4190769685391708577_n.jpg

Wow.
yes F1 as become a place for the wealthy & many dodgy friends that they deal with, these days it is all about the corporate event , were business deal can be talked about while cars wizz around a track. with so much many floating around this sport it is a disgrace that they charge an arm & a kidney for tickets & an insult that its locked out for the larger part to pay-for veiw TV. At least Motorsports in the USA still view the paying fan has been important.

yes F1 as become a place for the wealthy & many dodgy friends that they deal with, these days it is all about the corporate event , were business deal can be talked about while cars wizz around a track. with so much many floating around this sport it is a disgrace that they charge an arm & a kidney for tickets & an insult that its locked out for the larger part to pay-for veiw TV. At least Motorsports in the USA still view the paying fan has been important.

In some ways yes, some ways no. IndyCar for example is actually quite hard to watch, and one of the few series which does not stream online for most of the world. WEC, ELMS, IMSA, etc etc do, but IndyCar is a bit of a nightmare. In the UK, I have to have BT Sport to watch it. And to get BT Sport, I'd literally have to change my TV, Internet, or Phone provider to do so. That's a rare thing to have to do in the UK.

So it isn't quite as simple as that. IndyCar might have good ticket prices, but TV coverage still lags decades behind sportscar racing, which is setting the bar extremely high at the moment.

In some ways yes, some ways no. IndyCar for example is actually quite hard to watch, and one of the few series which does not stream online for most of the world. WEC, ELMS, IMSA, etc etc do, but IndyCar is a bit of a nightmare. In the UK, I have to have BT Sport to watch it. And to get BT Sport, I'd literally have to change my TV, Internet, or Phone provider to do so. That's a rare thing to have to do in the UK.

So it isn't quite as simple as that. IndyCar might have good ticket prices, but TV coverage still lags decades behind sportscar racing, which is setting the bar extremely high at the moment.
Well they do have live streams on you tube for most races and upload the races to their youtube channel a couple days later which makes it easier to watch in the uk

Solid start from Alonso. He was bound to take it a bit carefuly initially but he's getting his eye in now and looking good, back up to 5th :thumbsup: Good racing by everyone and first stops should be interesting.

Last edited:
Maybe...but he said the truth. It looks quite bad for those drivers with way more experience in indycar.

Maybe to the casual fan but any serious fan would know that Alonso is a great driver and capable of exactly what he is doing. Hamilton's statement comes off a bit salty, maybe he is annoyed at all the Alonso/Indycar hype.

one thing i have learned from watching some of it is that american ads are terrible and cringe worthy, like something out of a comedy sketch or parody film

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back