2017 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

f1-singapore-gp-2017-sparks-fly-as-kimi-raikkonen-ferrari-sf70h-hits-max-verstappen-red-bu.jpg

Never had more unusual wallpaper on my trusty pc. :laugh:
That picture will remain in the annals of F1 history.
Joke [ Ferrari knew Verstappen would have won. Both Ferrari drivers tried to fend him off ] :D

Last edited:
I have a question.

The Vettel was on the right hand side of the grid, the racing line for the first corner which is a leftie is on the right hand side of the grid, why did he try and move all the way to the left side of the grid when he would have to move back to the right to make the first turn?

ST_20130913_F1MAP.jpg

I have a question.

The Vettel was on the right hand side of the grid, the racing line for the first corner which is a leftie is on the right hand side of the grid, why did he try and move all the way to the left side of the grid when he would have to move back to the right to make the first turn?

ST_20130913_F1MAP.jpg
Good question.

I don't think any addictive substance will make me forget how much of a let down this race was. Seeing 4 out of 5 of my favorite drivers DNF and the Hammy boy just having the rest of the race for himself.

Well at least the Honey Badger finished...still grievously disappointed though.

Watch the start again and run it frame by frame if you can.
Verstappen made a fractionally slower start than Vettel while 'The Iceman' made a cracker.
Just another stupid racing incident when drivers try to 'win' the race at Turn 1 Lap 1.
And BTW 'Bobby Kim', take your meds!
A rolling start?????? :roflmao:

I guess it’s safe to say that the title fight is more or less over now. Hamilton is too strong this season to give away a 28 points lead, especially since the Merc is quite reliable. What a boring sport F1 became where just two teams have a chance to win. I think I’ll follow Indycar next season.

I guess it’s safe to say that the title fight is more or less over now. Hamilton is too strong this season to give away a 28 points lead, especially since the Merc is quite reliable. What a boring sport F1 became where just two teams have a chance to win. I think I’ll follow Indycar next season.

I would advise @Boby Kim do the same. Loads of rolling starts and they all run inside when it starts raining. Sounds like his kind of thing.

An engine blows off and Hamilton's lead disappears.
Tbh if you are sincere calling this season boring, F1 is indeed not for you ^^ I am not even sure that Indycar will do. It's been Penske vs Penske for a while there despite the somewhat randomizing race rules.

An engine blows off and Hamilton's lead disappears.
Tbh if you are sincere calling this season boring, F1 is indeed not for you ^^

I’m watching F1 since 1993 and yes...it’s not my sport anymore. Too predictable, too technology-driven, too expensive, strange rules. Perhaps I wouldn’t complain if there were 4 or 5 teams who are able to fight for the win, but since 2010 there is always one team who is unbeatable under normal circumstances and is just challenged by another single team (=Ferrari). There’s no sense in watching a sport where I know from the start who’s gonna win. Sure, Hams engine might blow and Vettel can come close again but the possibility is quite small as the Merc engine is bulletproof.

I have a question.

ST_20130913_F1MAP.jpg
To block Verstappen, he was too afraid to be behind him in turn 1. Because overtaking Verstappen in the rain is something that's almost impossible. He should have let Verstappen go, now they all got nothing.

DC isn't over yet - merc only had the 3rd quickest car this weekend.
Ferrari were as quick as merc in spa too, so don't count anyone out yet.

Although, almost everyone other driver will wish it doesn't rain again. Just pulled away a second a lap with ease.

Curious if this scenario is a preview of Brazil. T1-3 are the same type of corners, though not nearly as tight, but could have the same outcome.

"Often - when you look at my last start at Monza - when you pull away, you can't actually see the guy who's in second place," said Hamilton, who described the crash as "an unfortunate racing incident".

"They're generally in your blind spot if they get as good a start as you, and it's difficult to know where they are.

-- Lewis Hamilton

"So your immediate thought is to cover your ground, get to the inside and cover and turn them down, so I assume that's what he [Vettel] did."

Max was the cause of this incident. Vettel had cleared Max. But maybe Max was just too intimidated by Vettel that he veered into Kimi :laugh::rolleyes:. Someone get that rolling wreck mad Max off the grid please.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 72 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 77 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 106 13.9%