2017 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

Perez pushing his team mate in the wall twice..
Let's not forget the incidents in Baku, Silverstone and Budapest..

I think someone might have a problem with his team..

Mercedes held the upper hand for a few years but currently those two top teams are equal.
You only have to go back to Melbourne to see what Ferrari did in the off season..
Some guys keep trying to convince themselves Vettel and Raikkonen are driving an inferior car to the Mercedes.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
Lewis is just great at extracting the absolute maximum from the car when he's in his element.
That's why we've heard his name consistently mentioned since 2007.

Poll, who do you think will win... Sure majority voted who they wanted to win. Personally the Ferrari looks the all round faster car on a track and even with the Ferrari on Ultra soft tyres on the last stint.

"Hamilton said that he had deliberately allowed Vettel to stay close to him going before the Kemmel Straight so to that the Ferrari would spend as little time as possible in his slipstream
Lewis used tactics to cover himself on the safety car restart."
Nicely done.

Last edited:
A shame about the safety car. I thought it was going to be an interesting finish. Was Hamilton's tyre going to hold up? The commentary mentioned it a few times. Would vettel have to come in for tyres too? Would either engine hold out being driven hard for 40 laps?

It did close things up and make it a mini race to the end though. Cost Bottas dearly too.

Did not expect that Ferrari would be that close to Benz especially at Spa. Thought the gap would be at least 15 seconds if not more.
Benz still have an advantage but not by a huge margin which is great for Formula 1 and us the fans (unless u want a boring race to see ur fav. driver just win)
This is probably the best season (imo) in the last 8 years :thumbsup: ;)
Time to move on to the temple of speed :whistling:

The Ferrari is a marginally better chassis, but is missing 50-80 HP in qually and thats what is loosing them the races. Fix the engine to Merc levels and they'll walk it.

Well, in the before incidents Ocon was to blame.

On the start he acknowledge he did not saw him as was getting stuck with Hulkenberg, even giving him the space to pass.

On the second incident, to be honest I do not know what Ocon was thinking. He should have better prepared the car for passing after Eau Rouge on the Kemmel straight. But no, he went for a gap that did not exist, on a race line that naturally closes to the right. Ocon was only able to place his nose on Perez car. It was a very ambicious manouver IMO, and again, ruined their race.

Having been there this weekend, watching from a Bronze grandstand with a direct view on Double Gauche and Fagnes (also called 'Pief Paf' in Belgium) it is unbelievable how much grip these modern F1 cars have in these corners. The difference between the 3 top teams and the rest was very noticable. They enter the Fagnes corner at higher speeds, but even between the 3 top teams there was a difference. It sounded like Red Bull was taking this corner in a higher gear than Ferrari and Mercedes.

Unbelievable how many Dutch fans were there (you almost feel sorry for Stoffel, this being his home grandprix). Sadly Stoffel and even more Alonso are driving such a bad car (engine) at the moment and Verstappen's bad luck does not seem to end. How much more exiciting would the race have been for the spectators when these 3 drivers would drive faster and more reliable cars? We will probably have to wait until 2019, before that happens (if Alonso does not decide to retire from F1 before that).

It's time for Force India to sit Perez and Ocon down and have a really stern talk with both men.
Perez admitted he was closing the gap to keep a faster Ocon behind.
That's not the place to do it at this track...and certainly not that 'hard' against your teammate.
If Stefan Bellof was still with us, he could certainly attest to that fact.
Maybe...just maybe they need to have a talk with Jackie Ickx and he could further explain it to them.
That was some of the most stupid and dangerous driving I've seen in a very long time in F1.

If I were the team boss, I'd tell both men to wave goodbye to free racing near eathother for the rest of the year. Furthermore, if anything like it happens again, they'll get their contracts cancelled.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 91 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 130 13.7%